Outdoor GG goes big hemp.

"Just need a few more things".............like a crop!
Man, what a daunting job, @themoment. Seems you need a team of "you". A cautionary tale for sure......planning, planning, and more planning. Someone didn't realize you have to start @thestart. Now they've called in the "expert" and all eyes on you.
Clay:nono: Composting isa good call, period! Find cover crops that can bust up clay. Hope the bosses don't "think" there is a quick fix for clay. Replace that plastic with compost mulch, walk the rows and pull young weeds, which go into the compost. You need a hard core greencrew to direct. Pulling weeds keeps gardeners right where they need to be.
:growing:

Ya man. You are on the money with all of that. I need a bigger crew. I got one guy daily and there are three I can borrow from the other parts of the operation as needed. I have been mega busy for sure. Check this stuff out, I got my vinegar and it works really really well on weeds, grasses it works ok to knock them back a week or two.

My boss doesn't like "those damn tree huggers" and that included people who compost and cover crop I guess. LOL. I just about have him convinced to plant clover in row next year, and do a oats/mustard/clover/vetch mix for the winter. He refuses a compost pile, he prefers to throw things away. Literally. He throws away so many plants it makes my head spin. Rather than compost them, he has a laborer shoot them into his hay pasture with a manure spreader. He has a pile of potting soil that must be at least 15 tons that he wont reuse. He's not that bright, but I do love the job.

heres some of my coworkers potting up clones to lay out on fabric, pics of them lined up below too.

IMG_20190723_133749.jpg
IMG_20190723_133800.jpg

IMG_20190724_111246.jpg

IMG_20190805_073851.jpg

IMG_20190805_073729.jpg
IMG_20190805_082820.jpg
IMG_20190805_082805.jpg
IMG_20190805_082838.jpg

The vinegar works really well, weeds be hating it. Especially the vines, which are the ones that are most competitive with the hemp.

Attachments

• IMG_20190726_085707.jpg
    IMG_20190726_085707.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 176
I'm making the best of it. I cant get upset for his stupid ideas when I offered him solutions.It kinda hurts a bit when we lose some anyway. He is still even resistant to letting me prune them., I'm already finding mildew in the centers of the thicker ones. We'll see how this all goes. If he loses a crop, perhaps he will start listening and stop treating these like dispoable annuals, vegetables, and perennials; and just maybe let me use the loader to make a big compost pile and move around his mountain of potting soil and dead plants before he throws it away.

Sometimes it’s impossible to know what someone else’s motivations are. I’ve run operations that were designed to lose money but that is part of the overall plan. Sometimes subsidiaries are dealt bad hands on purpose. Can be extremely frustrating for those that aren’t part of the bigger plan.

Just trying to hypothesize reasons for lack of caring about the crop as much as you do. He could be working on a top secret government project to stabilize strains. Or could be some type of guinea pig for Bayer tying to test..,... wait that might be the same thing.

All I can say is wow. It looks so impressive

Have you tested it for THC? Lol

Sometimes it’s impossible to know what someone else’s motivations are. I’ve run operations that were designed to lose money but that is part of the overall plan. Sometimes subsidiaries are dealt bad hands on purpose. Can be extremely frustrating for those that aren’t part of the bigger plan.

Just trying to hypothesize reasons for lack of caring about the crop as much as you do. He could be working on a top secret government project to stabilize strains. Or could be some type of guinea pig for Bayer tying to test..,... wait that might be the same thing.

All I can say is wow. It looks so impressive

Have you tested it for THC? Lol

I have the tests from last years crop, it was .03 thc if I remember proper. I will be testing these too as they develop. The ones out longer are flowering now, so let the testing begin. Of course, I would wait longer rather than waste money on tests till they are frosty. But continuing with this thread, I aint in charge of these girls.

I did find a boy a few days ago and nearly snuck him home. Can't do it though, i would need a state permit just to move one off property.

Back