Outdoor Get yer toms out

The anticipation is killing me, loads of green ones, some trusses have near 20 toms on :eyebrows:
IMG_6222.JPG
IMG_6223.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6221.JPG
    IMG_6221.JPG
    1,002.4 KB · Views: 33
Guys check this out . !8 on the hand . now this has me worried , first time I have done it and there is a while to go yet . Bloody bugs are my main enemy . :cuss: but have no fear I'll show no mercy . :biggrin: :thumbsup:View attachment 1205159
What pests do you have to deal with in Oz? More than the average greenfly down there I'll bet?

1st peas of the year, some of the first flush anyway, I've been picking them for about 10 days now

Natures sweets, like little sugar bursts, most of these don't even make it back to the house, pick and eat
Telephone Pea
IMG_6224.JPG
IMG_6225.JPG

All looking great guys , Ribzzy , I love peas but have not had much luck with them in the tropics . WWWillie some mighty fine plants you have there . Ok Smokey , where is your Tomato plants . :biggrin: Bugs I have plenty of , later in the year fruit fly is a big problem they sting the tomatoes , that is early October , which is the end of tomatoes here . Bush turkeys eat what ever they can get but the netting stops them . Leafy greens , caterpillars are the big problem , Next year I am going to net them which will stop that problem , I was going to this year but could not get any more netting .
:thumbsup:

Hey,
Wanted to mention that I am not using any fertilizer this year. I did use a bit of MegaCrop to get things started though. Now I am mulching, using some nice AACT made with vermi-compost and compost from my yard waste compost. I also hit it with some beneficial microbes, stuff like recharge, mammoth P, URB, etc. once a week. Iv'e never been happier with my vegetable gardens!

all going well for you guys , gardens look great , I am having problems . I'll get back later today with photos . :thumbsup:

Weather sucks , This time of year is our winter dry winds low humidity -- not this year -- Temps Humidity rain cloudy days all up on last year , and to top it all off I got some Tomato wilt and lost 2 plants and the lad 4 . That's mother nature for you. :thumbsup:
DSC_0005.JPG
DSC_0006.JPG
DSC_0007.JPG
DSC_0008.JPG
DSC_0009.JPG
some of my sons . We also take flowers off as we want big toms and we will get enough for what we need .
DSC_0010.JPG
DSC_0011.JPG

Do you like passion fruit , my son is head man at a farm , they have 8000 vines . What I do is get the pulp out and freeze it so we have it all year long . These are off the first flush and are the smaller fruit .:thumbsup:
DSC_0020.JPG

Back