Outdoor Get yer toms out

I have a book I might be able to lend you mate :thumbsup::rofl:
Screenshot_20200528-140248_Chrome.jpg

Only if she looks in my pants . :crying: :thumbsup:

A thread dedicated to all things tomato, and maybe some other stuff too, a mutant size cucumber, possibly a carrot that would make a horse blush, ect.

I love tomatoes, nothing says summer like a tomato vine, covered in sweet red goodies. This year, I've gone mental, and filled one side of my 8x3 greenhouse with all sorts of heirloom, organic toms. I've got 40 cordon :haha: ( like I said, I went mental ) in the greenhouse, and 6 bush in pots to go outside.

My plan is to jar a lot of these so we can store them as long as possible, the rest will be grazed on by the Ribblets, Mrs Ribbz, and a few lucky friends and family.

I'm growing,
Bush toms - Aurora, Grushovka, Urbikany, all early plum toms
Vine Cherry - Chadwick Cherry, Gardeners Ecstacy, Chocolate Cherry, Yellow Delight, and an old mystery variety given to me by my neighbour, who has been growing and saving seed from this for 50 years
Vine Plum/Beef - Feo De Rio Gordo, Red Zebra, Orange Banana, Marmande, Ace 55

My 2 beds, bush toms in pots, waiting to go outside
View attachment 1192253View attachment 1192254
just look at my Beef feo de rio flower, it's daffodil sized
View attachment 1192255
compared to a cherry tom
View attachment 1192256

I think we'll try to have a biggest tomato competition here too, no prizes though, just for kicks and kudos, and you do get to eat your entry afterwards

I'll tags some people who may have interest

@hecno @Waira @smokeyfromau @the green bandit @Mossy @Jraven

Anyone else growing some toms, feel free to throw down here
I just have to watch this year as the tomatoes are rotated out this season. I love growing my own, next 3 seasons they will be back.

Underway, and some green toms to show. Weather has been crap so far, I think every year will be compared to the "summer of 2019"
Most plants are just under a meter now, so there has been an explosion in growth
A couple of Red Zebras
IMG_6195.JPG

Feo de Rio Gordo, strange plant, the top keeps dividing itself, not a side shoot, 2 actual seperate tops, with flowers, it's done it on all of them so far, must be a strain thing. My neighbour said I should try and keep one plant and train 2 tops, instead of plucking them off, I might try it
She is a beast this tom, about the size of an apricot, and is noticably bigger every day
IMG_6197.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6194.JPG
    IMG_6194.JPG
    488 KB · Views: 117
:greenthumb:looks promising to me Ribbz, I see tons of flowers! ...but Smokey is going into production mode with that nice plot :vibe:
hoy @hecno what's your game looking like mate? :eyebrows: ...you too @the green bandit

Back