Indoor GBD's SuperSoil SuperTrial

This was a pleasure. . I have a question. Do you ever cut dying leaves ? Or ever deflate or any cutting at all? I'm mean generally, I understand if there is a emergency u would have to, but should I ever cut or remove fan leaves , healthy or otherwise? Imy trying to replicate your grow to the best of my ability. Ty heath

This was a pleasure. . I have a question. Do you ever cut dying leaves ? Or ever deflate or any cutting at all? I'm mean generally, I understand if there is a emergency u would have to, but should I ever cut or remove fan leaves , healthy or otherwise? Imy trying to replicate your grow to the best of my ability. Ty heath

Cheers! Typically I do not remove anything unless I'm late in flower and humidity/mold could be a problem. Then I'll remove a few large fans for better air circulation, but that's a rare case. I tuck my fan leaves early to promote secondary branching, but other than that they are all natural!

I hear the taproot on a auto will put the plant into plower,so I got some different size airports and connected them. I want to see how tall they will get if the Taproot doesn't stop the height.

Attachments

• 14644554386841958410676.jpg
    14644554386841958410676.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: gbd
Sorry that didn't come out right on the text I voice text and sometimes I miss mistakes. When the Taproot hit the bottom of the pot I heard that's when the plant goes into flower and sword of stops the growth in height. I know they still have to go through the stretch. But with a taller pot I'm going to find out if the Taproot is able to continue to go down if it will be allowed to get taller. Anyone ever heard of this?

Reactions: gbd
@Trapper ever consider uploading to afn? I started going through this thread and I'm seeing nothing but broken imageshack links. Makes for a poor journal viewing experience :p

Got my @gbd mix to try soon. Base soil of 1/4 peat, 1/4 coco, 1/4 castings, 1/8 perlite, 1/8 rice hulls. Amended with kelp, neem, and crustacean at 1/4 cup each per cu ft. (Coots recipe half strength) + gbd mix added to 1.5 cu ft. To be layered at the bottom half of 3gallon (actual) pots. Pots are on a perlite wick reservoir for self watering, I've been told that's bad for a super soil, so we'll see how it goes.

4 x Mephisto Walter White's seedlings in rootmaker prop pots to get transplanted in a couple weeks. Also have planned for 4 x 24 Carat to be in the same mix, germ date is 2 weeks away for those. 1 sq ft per plant.

3/5 Walters up currently (back row)
IMAG2006.jpg

We may try super soil on the heirloom tomatoes as well :D

Sorry that didn't come out right on the text I voice text and sometimes I miss mistakes. When the Taproot hit the bottom of the pot I heard that's when the plant goes into flower and sword of stops the growth in height. I know they still have to go through the stretch. But with a taller pot I'm going to find out if the Taproot is able to continue to go down if it will be allowed to get taller. Anyone ever heard of this?

Yes, I've doubled up on the airpots to run larger dutch passion strains. There was barely any difference in size and yield between two 5 gallon airpots fit on top of each other as opposed to just one 5. It definitely woukd have been more efficient to grow two plants in the two pots. I'll try to dig up some pictures later if I still have them. I believe @TaNg may have experimented with this as well.

Back