Indoor GBD's SuperSoil SuperTrial

@Trapper ever consider uploading to afn? I started going through this thread and I'm seeing nothing but broken imageshack links. Makes for a poor journal viewing experience :p

Got my @gbd mix to try soon. Base soil of 1/4 peat, 1/4 coco, 1/4 castings, 1/8 perlite, 1/8 rice hulls. Amended with kelp, neem, and crustacean at 1/4 cup each per cu ft. (Coots recipe half strength) + gbd mix added to 1.5 cu ft. To be layered at the bottom half of 3gallon (actual) pots. Pots are on a perlite wick reservoir for self watering, I've been told that's bad for a super soil, so we'll see how it goes.

4 x Mephisto Walter White's seedlings in rootmaker prop pots to get transplanted in a couple weeks. Also have planned for 4 x 24 Carat to be in the same mix, germ date is 2 weeks away for those. 1 sq ft per plant.

3/5 Walters up currently (back row)
View attachment 578180

We may try super soil on the heirloom tomatoes as well :D

Can't wait to see the leafy green goodness! I've had the same problem with traps images but thought it was just my poor internet connection. I know hosting on afn isn't 100% either, as most of mephisto's pictures that were hosted on afn were lost during the server switch.

I saw trap managed to use the in site photo uploaded at around page 15. Right before harvest, so the important pictures made it to Afn.

Just wasn't expecting so many dead links from a guy with staff under his name :smoking:

@Trapper ever consider uploading to afn? I started going through this thread and I'm seeing nothing but broken imageshack links. Makes for a poor journal viewing experience :p

I do now....this thread was last year. A couple days ago, Imageshack notified me that my membership had expired (read: they wanted to expire it so I would have to pay the new, improved monthly rate...with all my forum linked images held hostage) The monthly rate increased about 700% so I told them to cancel my account. Sorry about that :doh::cuss:

All good my man. I got to see the end results, that's the important stuff. At first I was just really high and thought I broke my phone and couldn't see images. I even booted out the old laptop to see. Then I thought I broke my laptop. Then I smoked some more and clicked the broken link to imageshack and I had one of those "ohhhhh" moments
:pass:

7 Tyrone Specials Up and out of the root riots and potted up! 5-#5 EZ Roots pots with plain Humboldt Mix with air frames and 2-#5 EZ Roots with air frames with gbd's super mix up and running! 1 panel fired up, added a little H&G roots excelurator, voodoo juice and carboload with plain tap water. just a bit! to all pots, and some great white placed under the root riot cubes. Houston, we have liftoff!
View attachment 433452

Where did you get the ez pots and ez liners. I cant find them

Well, maybe I'll just run original Roots because I know you're right about the fluffiness helping the
roots grow more rapidly, thereby allowing for more energy to be spent on "above ground" construction.

RE - Chem crosses: I think they are the relatively unsung, unheralded massive successes so far of
Mitch's gear. Mine Sour Hound is SO unique, distinctive, pungent, yummy, strong. It really is a
great flavor.

RE - Cush: You know, at first I was unsure about Mary Kate the GC-dom Tyrone. When it was young
it hit like a mule out of the gates but then mellowed a little early (a historically appropriate attribute
of the original Green Crack IIRC) so it was a bit too strong, then fell off the table. But now that it's
cured another couple months, it has refined a little into a "longer wavelength" in frequency, if that
makes any sense. Still hits strong but not a slap, and tapers off more slowly. So I think they are
great choices that you'll be really happy with. I'm itching' to start a Deep Blue C but the 2015 stuff
draws me away. Tough choices.

RE - juno the WT: Oh yeah, she's not going anywhere unless she "timbers" just curious for some
insight as to whether or not anyone had seen that and knew what to expect. She's still hardening
just slowly. Top growth is on track and un-effected.

Eyes:

Those pots DO look like a perfect size, nice grab!

It's going to be great to watch you master a completely different set-up, I think you'll
dig it once you lock it in. Independent of the soil trials here.

Looking primed and ready, my friend!

Did you ever run that Deep Blue C??

@gbd Do you run just your straight mix or do you add other amendments.

Back