I’m having no luck with PH pens.

One is reading 6.0 the new one says 7.8 Lol massive difference.

The apera was calibrated but said err

When I try to recalibrate it will only calibrate to 7.0. It will not go to 4.0 or 10

Can they not make a fail proof way of calibrating these things? I tried 2 different 7.0 solutions one reads at 8.3 the other at 7.8 Lol. Vent over!

I had that issue once FA and it turned out to be the solution 4.0

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Was contaminated with either nute water or the 7 solution. Anyway, I ordered a new 4.0 solution, and made sure I was careful. And the pen calibrated fine next time. I am betting the partially calibrated pen is more correct even though you only calibrated the 7 completely.

Was contaminated with either nute water or the 7 solution. Anyway, I ordered a new 4.0 solution, and made sure I was careful. And the pen calibrated fine next time. I am betting the partially calibrated pen is more correct even though you only calibrated the 7 completely.

Thanks @Iriee Vibez

I’m having no luck with PH pens.

One is reading 6.0 the new one says 7.8 Lol massive difference.

The apera was calibrated but said err

When I try to recalibrate it will only calibrate to 7.0. It will not go to 4.0 or 10

Can they not make a fail proof way of calibrating these things? I tried 2 different 7.0 solutions one reads at 8.3 the other at 7.8 Lol. Vent over!
With Apera you usually have to use their calibration fluid. Mine came with some. The cheap 10 dollar ph pens are always way off. And you have to store the Apera in RO water or their 4.0 ph solution I haven't had to calibrate mine in months. Far as the rapid rooters I bought some around a year ago used them a few times and went back to solocups. The rapid rooters work but I feel that a high perite coco mix offers less resistance for the roots to travel through and get faster growth than rapid rooters. But they work and make things easy.

With Apera you usually have to use their calibration fluid. Mine came with some. The cheap 10 dollar ph pens are always way off. And you have to store the Apera in RO water or their 4.0 ph solution I haven't had to calibrate mine in months. Far as the rapid rooters I bought some around a year ago used them a few times and went back to solocups. The rapid rooters work but I feel that a high perite coco mix offers less resistance for the roots to travel through and get faster growth than rapid rooters. But they work and make things easy.
Ya I used the three calibration solutions it came with. Calibrated it once with 7.0, then 4.0 but it read err when I did 10. So I tried again and would only calibrate to 7.0.

When I put it in the 7.0 it came with after calibrated it reads 6.8 I’m not sure wtf?

Ya I used the three calibration solutions it came with. Calibrated it once with 7.0, then 4.0 but it read err when I did 10. So I tried again and would only calibrate to 7.0.

When I put it in the 7.0 it came with after calibrated it reads 6.8 I’m not sure wtf?
Oh ok use the 4 and 7 solution. And repeat until it's right. I had to do it like 10 times to get it dead on but it works and it seems to stay calibrated longer. I forgot i had to do that.

Oh ok use the 4 and 7 solution. And repeat until it's right. I had to do it like 10 times to get it dead on but it works and it seems to stay calibrated longer. I forgot i had to do that.
Ok It says rinse with distilled I’m assuming RO is ok when I run out of distilled?

Back