Completed First time growing ever (Hydro) problem diagnosis with plant?

Should i prune the plant at all? or did i miss that window? some of the leaves are blocked by other leaves and the deeper leaves arent getting any light..,....
You can defoliate at anytime just remember after the plant moves into flower it will not grow many new ones.

Also, the pH is always droping way way below... this morning it was 4.6. when i made the nutrient solution i made sure it was stable at 5.8 and i still had some water left in there this morning and that same solution is still sitting at 5.8. however... the same solution in the plant bucket seems to keep dropping.. any ideas why? this is probably why the plant is dying. i keep raising the pH with pH up from Dutch Pro. but it keeps dropping im about to go crazy

i now understand the importance of a recirculating dwc as opposed to a regular dwc.... the constant water circulation would put the water solution into equilibrium much quicker.... damn it. i should have bought a bigger tent.
The reason that your res is dropping PH is due to exudates from the plant roots. When the plants switch to flower they "feed" the root biome with nutrientsts that stimulate the microbes to produce more Potassium and phosphorus ions for the plant. It means it is time to shift to Flower nutrients. This is part of the normal DWC grow. Just keep a close eye on the PH and keep it in range 5.6 - 6.2.

:vibe:

You can defoliate at anytime just remember after the plant moves into flower it will not grow many new ones.

The reason that your res is dropping PH is due to exudates from the plant roots. When the plants switch to flower they "feed" the root biome with nutrientsts that stimulate the microbes to produce more Potassium and phosphorus ions for the plant. It means it is time to shift to Flower nutrients. This is part of the normal DWC grow. Just keep a close eye on the PH and keep it in range 5.6 - 6.2.

I see that makes sense!

Are fan leaves needed for flower growth? Would I be hindering any flower growth by defoliating?

I see that makes sense!

Are fan leaves needed for flower growth? Would I be hindering any flower growth by defoliating?
Depends on who you ask :haha:. I am lazy so I only defoliate underneath for air flow. I think better quality bud comes from healthy plants with lots of leaves. I sometimes pick a big fan or two from the top to open a little light. I leave a lot of leaves.

_DSC1619.JPG

_DSC1611.JPG

28 ounces plus 40g hashish frow the weird plant in a 4x6 space.

Depends on who you ask :haha:. I am lazy so I only defoliate underneath for air flow. I think better quality bud comes from healthy plants with lots of leaves. I sometimes pick a big fan or two from the top to open a little light. I leave a lot of leaves.

View attachment 1221239

View attachment 1221242

28 ounces plus 40g hashish frow the weird plant in a 4x6 space.
Hey what are the lights I see In there? More importantly how much do they run? Like money wise

interesting, the tall wispy one. what is it??
When you grow from a seed you just never know what you will get. It is a pheno of Dinafem Cheese XXL Auto Strange plant covered in trichomes. No buds? So I made hash.

Hey what are the lights I see In there? More importantly how much do they run? Like money wise
The government sent me some money to stimulate the economy :woohoo1:I got them on sale for $599 each. They are ChilLed's Growcraft DIY. So far I like what I am seeing. Same or better quality grow as my DIY cobs but 30% less energy used. They are a bit red so I added some blue pucks for veg. The temperature in the grow space has lowered by an equal or better amount. I cannot put numbers on that as any improvement was not documented :shrug:. The assembly was a snap and they are military ridged. You don't get the same warranty with DIY but they are so modular if something goes I can fix it.

When you grow from a seed you just never know what you will get. It is a pheno of Dinafem Cheese XXL Auto Strange plant covered in trichomes. No buds? So I made hash.

The government sent me some money to stimulate the economy :woohoo1:I got them on sale for $599 each. They are ChilLed's Growcraft DIY. So far I like what I am seeing. Same or better quality grow as my DIY cobs but 30% less energy used. They are a bit red so I added some blue pucks for veg. The temperature in the grow space has lowered by an equal or better amount. I cannot put numbers on that as any improvement was not documented :shrug:. The assembly was a snap and they are military ridged. You don't get the same warranty with DIY but they are so modular if something goes I can fix it.

Ok sweet that’s exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks man

So here is an update... it is flowering nicely.. but i am getting a lot of browning leaves... the ppm is 650. And i am keeping the water at a nice constant level by adding more every 2 days.

can anyone tell me how long i have left till harvest?... should i defoliate more? should i defoliate every brown leaf? even the partial browning leaves? im worried if i cut out too many leaves, the buds wont get any bigger....

f1.jpg
f2.jpg

My autos wouldn't like 650 ppm, assuming EC=1.3.
Mine don't like more than about EC=1.0, and even a small amount above that can lead to trouble.
I had an experimental grow recently that looked almost exactly like yours because of too much food and light.
Fortunately the herb was still good, but the yield was reduced.

I'd cut off anything brown that is covering up something green.

They still look a little heavy on the nitrogen? The leaves that were damaged will not recover and you can defoliate the ones with the most damage. I generally do not go over 700 PPMs of nutrients with autos. It looks like You can drop back 10% and still be good.

Back