New Grower First time grower. 8 Pot Autopot System. Demon Auto Tao & BCN Critical

Thanks very much! I didn’t realize.
And who knows what other nutrients normally in cannabis base nutes are missing or in too low or high concentrations? It seems prudent to use cannabis-specific base nutes, such as perhaps consider MegaCrop (I prefer the 2-part formula).

With that many autopots, make sure you have a way to keep humidity in check.

And who knows what other nutrients normally in cannabis base nutes are missing or in too low or high concentrations? It seems prudent to use cannabis-specific base nutes, such as perhaps consider MegaCrop (I prefer the 2-part formula).
With that many autopots, make sure you have a way to keep humidity in check.
Problem is weed is not yet Legal in NZ. We just had a vote 50.7% voted no so it will remain illegal for now. I cant easily buy canna specific nutes and if I do I have to worry about law as have heard of people getting caught from that alone.

Anyway just trying out this. Just mixed up 50L worth in my reservoir for the autopots.
-200ml Veg A (Feeding guide says use 350ml)
-200ml Veg B (Feeding guide says use 350ml)
-175ml Part A (Feeding guide says use 250ml)
-175ml Part B (Feeing guise says use 250ml
-25ml Potassium Silicate supplement (Feeding guide says use 50ml)
-And a little Ph down

Will be turning on auto feeding tonight, first time using it as of Day 17 - will see how that mix goes. Also installed 200mm exhaust fan today with silencing ducting and installed 100mm intake Fan. inkbird climate control installed. Not sure exact ppm, ec, and ph. I have not bought a measure device, planning to buy in next couple weeks.
i have both portalable aircon and dehumidifier on standby. I will use when I feel it’s necessary.

Problem is weed is not yet Legal in NZ. We just had a vote 50.7% voted no so it will remain illegal for now. I cant easily buy canna specific nutes and if I do I have to worry about law as have heard of people getting caught from that alone.

Anyway just trying out this. Just mixed up 50L worth in my reservoir for the autopots.
-200ml Veg A (Feeding guide says use 350ml)
-200ml Veg B (Feeding guide says use 350ml)
-175ml Part A (Feeding guide says use 250ml)
-175ml Part B (Feeing guise says use 250ml
-25ml Potassium Silicate supplement (Feeding guide says use 50ml)
-And a little Ph down

Will be turning on auto feeding tonight, first time using it as of Day 17 - will see how that mix goes. Also installed 200mm exhaust fan today with silencing ducting and installed 100mm intake Fan. inkbird climate control installed. Not sure exact ppm, ec, and ph. I have not bought a measure device, planning to buy in next couple weeks.
i have both portalable aircon and dehumidifier on standby. I will use when I feel it’s necessary.
0.7% man thats such a shame hope you guys can vote again soon

Yeah pretty sad about the vote result. It’s something I was looking forward to for 10 years now. Too much misinformation being spread about it trying to get people to vote no. That is why we got the no vote in New Zealand. It seems I will likely need to wait at least 4 more years.

Bit of an update. I diluted the Nutrient mix in the reservoir a bit more by adding 1 more gallon of water for good measure.
All autopots are now switched to auto feeding. First time using it. I can confirm they are going well Auto feeding and are continuing with nice growth.

One of the ladies in the smart pot is also making some nice gains. The stem on it has doubled in size.

It has got cold where I am suddenly. I made a mistake of leaving the extraction fan off for 1 day since I didn’t need it on to control temperature and I could smell them from the road when walking the dog. I was a little surprised since they are just a few weeks old. My partner wasn’t too happy about that. I have promptly sorted it. 1 of plants in the autopot is a little droopy and isn’t growing as fast as the others, it has been like that since before switching to reservoir. I suspect genetics since i treated them all the same. Not really sure what’s up with it, but doesn’t look too bad so will leave as is for now.

Overall Very happy and excited with how things are going so far for my first grow. Now I just hope I don’t kill them somewhere along the way with a poorly mixed or too strong nutrient mix in the reservoir.

I will post some more pictures at the end of the week.

Update. Day 21. I was planning to do an update on the weekend but posting early as have some issues some of you might be able to help with. The ladies have drunk 10-15l from the reservoir in the past 4 days. A couple of the ladies have started with brown rusty spots on them. the worse effected is at the front Rightpictured). The other effected is the second last from the back also on the right. Taking a bit of a guess here since its my first time growing and only guessing this based off some research - But I think it maybe calcium deficiency made worse by too high ph level. I only have a soil ph meter. I will buy a proper ph meter on Friday. The soil ph meter comes to 7. I also purchased some Canna cal-mag. There was already some calcium and magnesium in the nutrients I use so I was hoping to get away without it but now I just want to make sure the ladies get everything they need. I should have it by Friday.

To hopefully help a bit for now. I switched off the reservoir Then Drained the bottom of the Effected front right plants feeding tray then added 30L of water to the reservoir with some ph down. Also added the standard nutrients. I wasn’t sure how much ph down to add and can’t measure it currently so have had to just add a small amount, maybe 20ml. Switched it back on after stirring and confirmed feeding tray filled back up. Will see how that goes. If you have any suggestions, would be welcome to hear them.

Also I was wondering when I should raise the light intensity? I currently have the 2 led lights dimmed to 50% power. 200w from the wall per light instead of 400w.

Please ignore ducting in pic. Will be gone when I install it properly.

Attachments

• 4B4AF3A2-17B1-4BD1-B50A-76AD33837200.jpeg
    4B4AF3A2-17B1-4BD1-B50A-76AD33837200.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:
hey bro, I am by no means an authority, just on my third indoor grow, but I’ve been following along as I’ve recently moved to coco. 20ml of down is a major red flag for me, I deal in drops, not ml! Put it this way, 1 drop of my ph down brings a 6 litre mix down by roughly .1, I’d say 20ml is going to be way too acidic. As you mention, definitely going to need a ph pen especially with hydro/coco. I thought I’d say something in case you have to wait for an answer, I’m probably over exaggerating but it’s possible that such an acidic mix could kill your plants?
just want to help if I can, and I apologies if I’m out of line and totally wrong.
good luck!
:cheers:

by the way, if you were using my ph down, you’d need about 5 drops to bring down by .1, tap water being roughly 7, you’d want 50 drops to bring it down to ph6 (probably more), a pharmaceutical drop is 0.05ml, meaning you’d need 2.5ml of my ph down. This is all rather rough but gives you a general idea. Hope it helps

maybe @Trichome farmer can chime in:pass:

by the way, if you were using my ph down, you’d need about 5 drops to bring down by .1, tap water being roughly 7, you’d want 50 drops to bring it down to ph6 (probably more), a pharmaceutical drop is 0.05ml, meaning you’d need 2.5ml of my ph down. This is all rather rough but gives you a general idea. Hope it helps

maybe @Trichome farmer can chime in:pass:
thank you! I will do some test tonight with soil ph meter and can look at doing ph up if needed but really need to wait for ph pen to sort this out. I don’t trust the soil ph meter.

Last edited:
I can confirm ph down added was too much. Ph was around 5 down from 7 according to soil ph meter test. I have added a bit of baking soda. I will test again in a few hours.

Edit: I tested a few hours later. Ph soil tester now showed around 5.5 when I did a test. Its unlikely very accurate but I am ok with that result for now will know for sure when I get my ph pen. I will leave like that for now.

Thanks Wombat, really helps you had my back there! It could have been much longer until I discovered that without you.

On another note, I am very happy with the growth from the ladies. Comparing picture from the 16th day with day 21 and there is pretty massive growth there.

Last edited:
Back