New Grower First Time Auto Growing Need Help!

AAH 1 chopped at Day 88!

My biggest plant. Took me and my wife 90 minutes just to casually trim them. I'm really lazy to trim and find myself trimming lesser and lesser each time. I don't keep any trim so i leave as much as i feel is cool. I wanted to do both AAH 1 and 2 but ran out of time. Did not even take jarred PE 2 pics and hanging AAH 1 pics. Will do it when I get back home. The buds are the fattest I've seen in my life!

This plant is easily more than a kilogram in wet weight. With branches and all, there is easily 1kg++ of AAH 1 hanging on the closet right now. I hate myself for not weighing PE 2 and getting a wet weight for AAH 1. Thing is, I hang each branch right after I trim them cos i dont have anything to keep all of them branches without squishing them. I should at least weighed each branch before i hang them. But its such a fookin chore!

Maybe I can weigh the empty jars and then the filled ones to get a rough weight?

More pics when i get back home

1kg ++ wet??!!!! You've got a lot of stem there, so maybe 200g dry.
With that off one plant, forget about pulling a pound, you'll prob pull a kilo.
Maybe just wait until they're dried.
Can subtract empty jar weight from a full jar for net weight.

I like your drying style, same way I used to do it.
I do a basic pull of the fan leaves first, and a better trim after drying.

AAH 2 chopped at Day 89

She is the smallest plant besides the stunted WW 2.

This time, I weighed the wet weight. Its 680grams. So my estimate of 1kg++ for AAH 1 should be very accurate cos AAH 1 is more than double the size of AAH 2.

This is an easier harvest cos she is smaller and I can fit all of her on the tray without being squished too long/too hard. Makes it easier to weigh too.

On a sidenote, I've gone through about 1/3 of my PE 1 first harvest. I vape till dark brown so the AVB is of no reuse value. I am keeping all the vaped buds and plan to sprinkle them on every soil of every grow moving on. It is absolutely NOT a growing technique. More of a planned ritual that symbolizes the collective essence of all my girls in every grow. Each grow will have the essence of my previous grows and gets snowballed stronger. Also my way of remembering my girls and keep a little of them in each grow. Hope I get to implement this.

Only WW2 is left. She gets a generous 200++watts of COB lights on her. Might need another week but what do I know? Unless I see stress, gonna let her do her thing. She has been hurt bad enough this past 3 months. The way I grew her is almost like I never came on AFN and screwed up every way. She looks excellent considering and buds are fattening up. Should yield decently but will be airy. But she has been surprising me every step of the way so we'll see,

The darkness before harvest seems to work although i was sceptical as hell. Like telling me I'll get fatter if I starve. I tried 2-3 days on AAH 1 and 2 but it could be my imagination. Will need to do it again to fully convince myself. I am 60% sure that darkness before harvest gives fatter buds atm. Note that I do not have a total darkness setting. I just do the best i can.
0cf09861fe81ce14dcb3d15343f65a5c.jpg

e5acccdaebe1c539b16f87fac6ae9b6a.jpg

04dd78740da0ef53d94bac11f3282dcf.jpg

4d6c94107c6dc150b7c0521ffaffcc2f.jpg

19e6bf37bebea78576d1c54d1d51c824.jpg

45559de5bcc5b0e2c35b3c8fbf2d9f92.jpg

a3bd437b6fb1784592c61f3d4af4056f.jpg

b04a8311020fd7b9dd79ec9c14a47c92.jpg

b591dd31add941215beb8e84f3d0f011.jpg

Total of 3 plants hanging...
02304f766af04302f64ebed7fa2d170a.jpg

PE 2 in jars before I shook them to expand them a little
db5b9fe00ac0e37a0c9cbfe86eb2026c.jpg

Just hung a new plant. RH went up a little. Its normally around 51%-52%.
c2d42894008e3b25413202959bc9cca3.jpg

All down and 1 more to go...
bd0ef0f88393d9b21198a04328c51069.jpg

deb464a0172485333c933cb42888d247.jpg

8986b2381b78456a69dcde85b092d9fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1kg ++ wet??!!!! You've got a lot of stem there, so maybe 200g dry.
With that off one plant, forget about pulling a pound, you'll prob pull a kilo.
Maybe just wait until they're dried.
Can subtract empty jar weight from a full jar for net weight.

I like your drying style, same way I used to do it.
I do a basic pull of the fan leaves first, and a better trim after drying.

When I started the grow, I was concerned with weight/yield and wanted to have an estimate at least. I see many newbs feeling the same. Experienced growers will chime in with the best intentions and TRUTH- being that there are too many variables to even give a ballpark figure. Most newbs find it hard to wrap around head. I believe its because newbs don't know what to expect and worry about supplies or not having enough to last them. Then...real buds starts appearing and you can see with your own eyes that you have more than you need. Suddenly, weight/numbers don't matter no more. I wanted a self sufficient supply of meds and a method to achieve it. I got what I wanted.

Only difference now is, the passion and enjoyment of the process will make me wanna grow better. The only motivation to weigh now is because everyone else does it and I don't wanna be excluded. Also, it does expand my ego a little, something my wife says can/should increase a little in size.

The trimming is just laziness and the fact that I throw all trimmings away. Don't intend to make hash or edibles so maybe next time. I remove in bud fan leaves according to my mood lol. Sometimes more, sometimes less. If I feel I removed too many, I'll just trim the rest instead of removing the whole thing. Cos when I remove too many and see the trichs that comes with them, my heart aches a little lol. They are all smokable so thou shalt not waste...lol.

Thank you so much for being around these past few months. You guys saw me through my very first grow! All of YOU will always have a special place in my heart!

I refer to you as Mummy Maria to my wife! Need a godson? If im too old, I got kids! Lol

Haha! Mummy Maria, ROFLMAO. :p

Yeah, almost any first grow done with more than a half hearted attempt will produce far more buds than one is used to.
Maybe some people used to paying out big $$ for a half oz or a full oz here and there.
Then, for the same price as that oz or so, and some fun time committed, bam! -- jars and bags full of premium quality herb.
And the knowledge to grow more in the future, usually cheaper, because the initial outlay is already covered.
Value wise, almost everyone recovers cost in first grow, easily.
Then, we're hooked, and can't wait to grow some more fun strains.

I wouldn't worry about the leaf and trim. You're not going commercial, and you have more than enough.
Anyway, if you want to make hash or oil or whatever, you've got plenty of quality flower to use.

When I started the grow, I was concerned with weight/yield and wanted to have an estimate at least. I see many newbs feeling the same. Experienced growers will chime in with the best intentions and TRUTH- being that there are too many variables to even give a ballpark figure. Most newbs find it hard to wrap around head. I believe its because newbs don't know what to expect and worry about supplies or not having enough to last them. Then...real buds starts appearing and you can see with your own eyes that you have more than you need. Suddenly, weight/numbers don't matter no more. I wanted a self sufficient supply of meds and a method to achieve it. I got what I wanted.

That is very well said!!

344219f3f81a5363f0a6d42094d971cf.jpg

Two big jars (2 litres) on the left is PE2 with a weight of roughly 145 grams @RH75%. Not very dry yet but curing nicely in drying room conditions. I will shake and burp them several times a day until I feel they are good for a once daily burp then progress from there. When humidity don't rise up too much after i close the jars for a few hours, I'll feel that they are good for a once daily burp that lasts about a week.

I say roughly cos I weighed empty jars vs filled jars. When I weighed empty jars, I noticed variances between some jars. 10grams can mean a lot to some of us. So I took the heaviest weight i could find among the empty ones and used that figure to subtract from filled jar weight. So i will only be understating the weight which is better than inflating it and be disappointed next grow lol.

The 1 big jar (2 litres) and 2 small jars (1 litre) on the right contains freshly jarred WW1. They are less dense buds so dried faster than PE2 even with a 2 day headstart, I think. In jar RH was only 74% but could be that I packed them much tighter. I want to see if they cure better being packed a little tighter. They'll still get smaller with time so not too concerned. I still have a few more days of the AC room use so I don't mind letting them dry slowly from the jar in such favorable environment that I'm paying for! Lol

The weight puzzles me. I am confident enough to report 180 grams at 74% RH. I already heavily discounted with human + scale error and then some. Reason I'm puzzled is cos PE2 was a larger plant with larger buds. But I think this teaches me that size is not everything. I guess I must also have let PE2 go for too long. I noticed a small percentage of PE2 buds being golden crispy. I made sure those aren't molds. So yeah...I get to sample harvests of many different stages. I hope the over ripe ones can give a good medicinal/sleepy effect for my dad.

Does it look like I'm close with the weight?

For those who skips to the pics. Summary is PE2 below at roughly 145grams @75% RH cured for 2 days
7cd46bd4e15d9455f93c2d76a2aebb0b.jpg

WW2 at roughly 180 grams at 74% RH jarred today. Will double check the weight when I'm alone at home and can pour them out on something to weigh them
290e8f34d3f78af635001f0e13dc81b2.jpg

Back