New Grower First Time Auto Growing Need Help!

Yeah i shoot for a 10-20% amber on the trichs for harvest. I generally start to feed water only at the point where almost all trichs are cloudy with just a low percentage being clear. Usually a week before harvest.

Can I interview you slightly further, by asking do you do stagerred harvests? And why/how?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I interview you slightly further, by asking do you do stagerred harvests? And why/how?

When you say staggered harvests i assume you mean taking parts of a plant down and then leaving the remains for a bit and then finishing the harvest. Yes i do selective/staggered harvests, but i primarily reserve this for outdoors(though its just as useful for indoor). I will take the best colas down to the point of seeing underformed buds and/or white pistils/clear trichomes. I have had a tremendous increase in overall harvests doing selective harvesting...bud that is underformed and just harvested anyways just ends up in the hash making pile, and selective harvesting has increased single plant yields by as much as 1pound!!
I selectively harvested a small indoor auto this year....got an ounce off her, and the remains(fluffy popcorn underformed flower) i left for another week yields another 10 grams....worth doing for sure, for those wanting to maximize their yields of trimmable bud.

One thing to pay attention to is watch the plant you cut all of the main colas off for hermy signs...some plants might get overstressed and show hermy trains, which could then pollinate other plants(if you are not observant!!)

When you say staggered harvests i assume you mean taking parts of a plant down and then leaving the remains for a bit and then finishing the harvest. Yes i do selective/staggered harvests, but i primarily reserve this for outdoors(though its just as useful for indoor). I will take the best colas down to the point of seeing underformed buds and/or white pistils/clear trichomes. I have had a tremendous increase in overall harvests doing selective harvesting...bud that is underformed and just harvested anyways just ends up in the hash making pile, and selective harvesting has increased single plant yields by as much as 1pound!!
I selectively harvested a small indoor auto this year....got an ounce off her, and the remains(fluffy popcorn underformed flower) i left for another week yields another 10 grams....worth doing for sure, for those wanting to maximize their yields of trimmable bud.

Thank you! Will go read more about how to best perform this selective harvest. If you know of a good guide, let me know!

Tqvm again!

Thank you! Will go read more about how to best perform this selective harvest. If you know of a good guide, let me know!

Tqvm again!

I got into selective harvesting in the monster training guide i wrote....not a full on tutorial by any means, but there will be a bit more info in there about the technique. I can't think of any guide that gets right into selective harvesting https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...-maximizing-outdoor-photoperiod-plants.59210/

This might totally blow your mind.....but our kind rebel is a lady.(please clean brains up, if some dribbled out :D )
I was about to say the same thing. @Rebel would you mind a badge or two here , please.
Equatorial is doing an amazing job for the first grow!

I do staggered harvests with autos. put two seeds down then another two 2weeks later and so on. it's actually pretty easy. just make sure you keep on top of what plants what age and how much product etc. and raise them up so there same level for the light. otherwise you get some stretching way to much. just remember each plant is different. and will take longer or shorter than others the same strain. even twins have slight differences. just pay attention to what your doing. and all will be okay.
71e93a39b5b1ae6d746bdccac7916442.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I do staggered harvests with autos. put two seeds down then another two 2weeks later and so on. it's actually pretty easy. just make sure you keep on top of what plants what age and how much product etc. and raise them up so there same level for the light. otherwise you get some stretching way to much. just remember each plant is different. and will take longer or shorter than others the same strain. even twins have slight differences. just pay attention to what your doing. and all will be okay.
71e93a39b5b1ae6d746bdccac7916442.jpg

I also do this so I'm cutting one down every 2 to 3 weeks and not havingnto buy any from shop..

Thank you so much everyone!

After observing again this morning @Day 65, I decided to chop the whole plant. More ambers appearing and pistils are all red/orange, pretty much no more white hairs shooting upwards. I gave good side lightings and the lower buds are matured very well too. So i really don't see a need for selective harvesting. Don't wanna be doing it for the sake of doing it...lol

Pics and updates after I clean up and go to work.

In just 2 months, I've gotten gender wrong with Avalanche Blanch and now, Rebel...lol

Well, at least sweet gal sounds way better than sweet guy. And makes a whole lot more sense too lol...Us guys are just not sweet enough

What's up Equatorial? Don't feel like you are by yourself. I too have said brother to Rebel, I don't know...maybe every time that I have responded to her. @Rebel I apologize. I shouldn't have assumed.

You are killing your grow Equatorial; beautiful flowers you've got there! As far as how long it will be before 20% amber, that can vary a lot. I have had all clear right until the end, and it seemed like there was no way that it was going to be ready in 8 weeks, and then BAM, week 8 rolled around and she was ready to go! I have had some early amber show up and think, "Oh yeah, she's coming down early", and then she goes 2 weeks past her "due date". Just stay on top and check her at least every other day and you will be fine. At this point in your grow, it's close enough to the end that it should be good smoke either way. @KrazyDave is right,you could take her, it just depends on where you like your vibe to be. Here is a basic explanation. If you harvest early with milky and clear scattered throughout , then that will catch it right at the peak of whatever sativa traits it has in it. If you are not used to sativas, this is when some people get that racy heart thing and freak out. If you take it when it's mostly milky, it still lends itself toward the sativa side of things, but your foot is taken off the gas pedal just a bit, and lets you enjoy a more happy, warm motivated glide through the buzz. Lastly, taking it with the 10%-20% amber will bring the indica to the forefront.You can kind of tailor it anywhere in between to fit what you want. @Maria Sanchez, @912GreenSkell, @islandgrower, @Rebel and many others have given great advice, and you have followed it very well. Congrats!

If someone else already posted this info, sorry for the repeat. Long week at work and I am trying to catch up on a couple threads here. I hope this helps. :peace:

What's up Equatorial? Don't feel like you are by yourself. I too have said brother to Rebel, I don't know...maybe every time that I have responded to her. @Rebel I apologize. I shouldn't have assumed.

Meh i wouldnt worry about it fellas....I am sure that weed growing is a male dominated event so I am sure the ladies don't take offence when one of us accidentally call them man, or dude, or brother. Hahahaha the same day i let you know that rebel is a lady, i left a new member aquadoll rep and called her man.....hahahaha like the handle "aquadoll" wasnt enough to give away that she was a lady....hahahaha I'll just fire up another vape bag!! ;) :D

Back