New Grower First Time Auto Growing Need Help!

Thanks buddy! You guys keep praising me and I'll really start to think I'm any good!

Feel like posting a long rant so please indulge me....

Part of the reason I used this thread and not start a new thread is, I wanted to keep all my ignorant posts that might sound stupid to some. If any newb chance upon this thread, he or she will know its ok to be stupid sometimes. No one starts out being an expert anyways.

I panicked more than other newbs mainly cos I have not grown a single thing in my life. Not even seen a live cannabis plant. When i first posted, i had no idea what NPK was? I thought all questions had a definitive answer to it and almost became demanding when seeking answers. Then I realized i gotta figure a lot out myself. @Maria Sanchez was just a dear and patiently replied to all my questions. @hecno basically taught me to think for myself and question every action i take. @islandgrower is like a big bro looking after my grow. @912GreenSkell @Dabber @Dubious143 and many others (U guys got to have simpler nicks) have always been generous with words of encouragements!

@Kya Knight pls accept my apologies. Your tip to use worm cast has helped tremendously! Hope to see you around soon!

From the hopeless newb in earlier pages, I have since:

Bought and used cheap China Cobs

Used bottled base nutes

Mixed my own dry PK boost fert

Made aerated compost tea

Employed almost all training methods- LST, Topping, Fimming, supercropping, lollipoping, bud pinching, defoliation. Only thing missing is SCROG but i like moving them too much!

One thing that is consistent so far is my inclination towards trying as much as i reasonably can but not using anything top of the line. This was aimed as experiencing as much as possible while keeping a modest budget. This was the reason i got China cobs instead of branded and highly rated lights. Also why i controlled the urge to buy Greenleaf Nutrients product line. And many other things too. After reading posts by @pop22 @912GreenSkell @NateNobody @Waira @Rebel @Savage Garden and many others, I felt like I could make it work. If i started with all top of the line stuff, I would never know how stuff compares. Hope it makes sense. Basically, I wanted to see how far i can go with basic stuff and then see how much better equipments/nutes/additives etc can help improve results?

So here i am now. Things progressing alright. Very worried about 1 plant in particular. PE2 started smaller than PE1 but is now huge. Due to her size, she is affected the most by the high humidity. Hope to see more improvements from her soon

A big wet thank you to everyone who has dropped by so far! You guys have been the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Equatorial, forgot to mention that I had to rep you on your balcony pic. Like @912GreenSkell said, nobody starts out an expert. My first indoor grow had mites, high humidity (my fault) nitrogen fry and buds that tasted like......I don't know, just HOT! They were hot as hell to the back of your throat. I think my ppm was 2000 or more, because if a little bit is good, a lot is a whole lot better, right?:baked: I burned the SH** out of my plants! Had 6 and only salvaged 2 that were barely tolerable. As you have heard, you are way ahead of the game. The force is strong with this one. :peace:

Mate . You Have done a great job . not far to go now and you will have some mighty fine smoke , You will get to the stage when you will question what you are doing , which will lead to a better understanding of the nature of growing cannabis . which you are well on the path of doing . :clapper::clapper::clapper: :thumbsup: :vibe:

Just caught up and what a journey!!! For a "noob" you've done exceptionally well man [emoji109] You're gonna be smashing buds left right and center for a long time to come I reckon [emoji41][emoji106]

Sent from a rock in the sea!

Keep on watching them like you are and doing what you are doing because it is what they need. Great job! You will be out helping others before you know it, unless you are too stoned from smoking your home grown stash. :smoking:

Mate . You Have done a great job . not far to go now and you will have some mighty fine smoke , You will get to the stage when you will question what you are doing , which will lead to a better understanding of the nature of growing cannabis . which you are well on the path of doing . :clapper::clapper::clapper: :thumbsup: :vibe:
Thank you so much as always!

Just caught up and what a journey!!! For a "noob" you've done exceptionally well man [emoji109] You're gonna be smashing buds left right and center for a long time to come I reckon [emoji41][emoji106]

Sent from a rock in the sea!

Amazing that you read through all and did not doze off...lol

Seriously though, I appreciate it more than you know!

Keep on watching them like you are and doing what you are doing because it is what they need. Great job! You will be out helping others before you know it, unless you are too stoned from smoking your home grown stash. :smoking:

I'll always chime in on topics that interests me, whether or not I'm helping or adding to the problem. I thought AFN is used to me by now. I check every day to see if there is a name beside me that says Shameless member or Ignore Him or Most Annoying AFN member award!

I'll always chime in on topics that interests me, whether or not I'm helping or adding to the problem. I thought AFN is used to me by now. I check every day to see if there is a name beside me that says Shameless member or Ignore Him or Most Annoying AFN member award!

Never annoying bro. What I see is passion for growing. You have been bitten by the growbug . Only thing to do now to appease the growgoddess is plant more beans lol
I have enough to last me a while . Mostly photo regular. And a few autos. Have a sweet seeds mixed 10 pack

'Carpe diem et fumum veriditas'

We don't do that here at AFN, that's what sets us apart from the rest! The vibe here is laid back and helping others. Everyone starts somewhere. And no, I don't think you were the worst new grower here that I have seen. But I will say, that person ended up doing some amazing gross! AND I am sure that you will too.

Back