New Grower First Time Auto Growing Need Help!

Regardless of how futile it is, I put a tiny dehumidifier on and turn the oscilating fan on max speed. I also put some old newspapers on the ground near the pots. I am certain each budsite receives fresh air every 5-7 seconds, rather strongly too.

This is certainly not a futile attempt!! Any amount of high circulation blowing across your flowers can play a huge part in slowing/stopping the mold process. Its not a cure all for sure, but it will certainly help in the fight against potential mold.

Busy busy day!

Woke up early to Day 56! Week 8!

Let me start the update with something that happened few days back. I came back from work to literally find shit.
97996ded0cf7ebcb2ad4411a547879f8.jpg

Luckily, did not get to any buds. Missed by a few mm but i trimmed it off. Must be some lizard popping from the ceiling.

Also, the bud rot panic seems to be under control. At least for now. I put a plate of raw rice near the pots. The mini 25w dehumidifier is hopefully doing some good too. Morning sun was great today so they got 2 hours quality morning sun.

Fed them 7ml/l Ionic Bloom + 2 big spoonfuls of Molasses with 0.5ml/l Liquid Silicone and 0.5ml Mangrove Wood Vinegar to bring PH to slightly lesser than 6.2. Mixed 20 litres for 5 plants.

I'm taking things much easier now. I'll be at peace with myself as long as I did my best, regardless of results.

The earliest flowering PE 1 seems to be turning cloudy. Lots of frost. My magnifying glass cant take any pictures. Waiting on a phone lens i ordered to take pics. I'll need your expert opinions on when best to harvest.

9407704a18f0624e784b21d46579f9f4.jpg

6b981bf3d204ebd48e8cfab59343a777.jpg

b8bb2962b8835e67aa58f3b08997a89f.jpg

574f735021ee1ed05df15ec5393e37c8.jpg

7f035e39dd2091c88f44c66b98189075.jpg

eed90d08686ddfc6445846a19ec9b11b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing work, @Equatorial !!
After all that discussion early on, hadn't been in to check on things.
You're really knocking it out of the park here!
Prepare for some nice yields, maybe ... 200 g, easily, maybe a pound!
:slap:

Thanks Maria!

I'll look forward to the yields. Hopefully mold dont get to them first.

Thanks Maria!

I'll look forward to the yields. Hopefully mold dont get to them first.

I think you'll be okay. Just keep the direct water off them -- rain, spray, etc.
And keep that fan blowing gently but constantly.
I had mine out for weeks at end of flowering with RH at 80%-95% (no joke).
And that wasn't just RH, it was rain, mist and fog all day, every day.
They all got a bit of mold, but actually not that much, all things considered.

Keep checking them every day, and cut out if you find any.
I also open the buds by gently pulling the bud lumps away from the stem outward.
Don't break them off, just keep them from making a big solid vertical mass.

You'll be find, I'm sure. Just hold the ship steady!

I think you'll be okay. Just keep the direct water off them -- rain, spray, etc.
And keep that fan blowing gently but constantly.
I had mine out for weeks at end of flowering with RH at 80%-95% (no joke).
And that wasn't just RH, it was rain, mist and fog all day, every day.
They all got a bit of mold, but actually not that much, all things considered.

Keep checking them every day, and cut out if you find any.
I also open the buds by gently pulling the bud lumps away from the stem outward.
Don't break them off, just keep them from making a big solid vertical mass.

You'll be find, I'm sure. Just hold the ship steady!

I must be a good student. Did every single thing you mentioned lol

@Equatorial, what's up brother? Thanks for the link. First let me say, WOW! You have obviously been listening to the right advice here, because for a first grow (for any grow), you are knocking it out of the park! I have only read your first and last page. Didn't expect to see that "Balcony Of Bud" that you have going on. :thumbsup: From your first page, @Kya Knight gave great advice about worm castings. (always, always, always) Due to your location, you have a whole set of issues I don't have to deal with. @Maria Sanchez sounds like she has her stuff dialed in pretty well, and she has your same set of obstacles. I have a different take on what is most important to plants, but like I said to you before, everyone on the internet is an expert, so keep it simple. As you gain experience, you will start to make your own regimen tweaks and find what works for you. Anyone that looks at your plants can see that you are studying your grow, and that you are smart enough to weed (punny) out the bs, and take away the useful bits that you need.You have a real knack for growing; not everybody has that.

When I grew outdoors, we were in the woods, so we didn't use pots. We would dig our holes, throw in a couple of fish, horse manure and a few cups of hardwood ash and that was it. I wouldn't try that on a balcony, though. We were near a creek, so water was no problem. The only extra thing we started adding years later was the worm castings, and it was a great addition. Just keep on doing what you are doing man. Pretty soon, you are going to be one happy camper. :peace:

@Equatorial, what's up brother? Thanks for the link. First let me say, WOW! You have obviously been listening to the right advice here, because for a first grow (for any grow), you are knocking it out of the park! I have only read your first and last page. Didn't expect to see that "Balcony Of Bud" that you have going on. :thumbsup: From your first page, @Kya Knight gave great advice about worm castings. (always, always, always) Due to your location, you have a whole set of issues I don't have to deal with. @Maria Sanchez sounds like she has her stuff dialed in pretty well, and she has your same set of obstacles. I have a different take on what is most important to plants, but like I said to you before, everyone on the internet is an expert, so keep it simple. As you gain experience, you will start to make your own regimen tweaks and find what works for you. Anyone that looks at your plants can see that you are studying your grow, and that you are smart enough to weed (punny) out the bs, and take away the useful bits that you need.You have a real knack for growing; not everybody has that.

When I grew outdoors, we were in the woods, so we didn't use pots. We would dig our holes, throw in a couple of fish, horse manure and a few cups of hardwood ash and that was it. I wouldn't try that on a balcony, though. We were near a creek, so water was no problem. The only extra thing we started adding years later was the worm castings, and it was a great addition. Just keep on doing what you are doing man. Pretty soon, you are going to be one happy camper. :peace:

Thanks buddy! You guys keep praising me and I'll really start to think I'm any good!

Feel like posting a long rant so please indulge me....

Part of the reason I used this thread and not start a new thread is, I wanted to keep all my ignorant posts that might sound stupid to some. If any newb chance upon this thread, he or she will know its ok to be stupid sometimes. No one starts out being an expert anyways.

I panicked more than other newbs mainly cos I have not grown a single thing in my life. Not even seen a live cannabis plant. When i first posted, i had no idea what NPK was? I thought all questions had a definitive answer to it and almost became demanding when seeking answers. Then I realized i gotta figure a lot out myself. @Maria Sanchez was just a dear and patiently replied to all my questions. @hecno basically taught me to think for myself and question every action i take. @islandgrower is like a big bro looking after my grow. @912GreenSkell @Dabber @Dubious143 and many others (U guys got to have simpler nicks) have always been generous with words of encouragements!

@Kya Knight pls accept my apologies. Your tip to use worm cast has helped tremendously! Hope to see you around soon!

From the hopeless newb in earlier pages, I have since:

Bought and used cheap China Cobs

Used bottled base nutes

Mixed my own dry PK boost fert

Made aerated compost tea

Employed almost all training methods- LST, Topping, Fimming, supercropping, lollipoping, bud pinching, defoliation. Only thing missing is SCROG but i like moving them too much!

One thing that is consistent so far is my inclination towards trying as much as i reasonably can but not using anything top of the line. This was aimed as experiencing as much as possible while keeping a modest budget. This was the reason i got China cobs instead of branded and highly rated lights. Also why i controlled the urge to buy Greenleaf Nutrients product line. And many other things too. After reading posts by @pop22 @912GreenSkell @NateNobody @Waira @Rebel @Savage Garden and many others, I felt like I could make it work. If i started with all top of the line stuff, I would never know how stuff compares. Hope it makes sense. Basically, I wanted to see how far i can go with basic stuff and then see how much better equipments/nutes/additives etc can help improve results?

So here i am now. Things progressing alright. Very worried about 1 plant in particular. PE2 started smaller than PE1 but is now huge. Due to her size, she is affected the most by the high humidity. Hope to see more improvements from her soon

A big wet thank you to everyone who has dropped by so far! You guys have been the best!

Part of the reason I used this thread and not start a new thread is, I wanted to keep all my ignorant posts that might sound stupid to some. If any newb chance upon this thread, he or she will know its ok to be stupid sometimes. No one starts out being an expert anyways.

Everybody has to start somewhere bud!! Trust me, when i started growing my plants were pitiful and there was nobody to ask to get answers. You are certainly picking up on the advice very well......because look at those plants!! Well done, well done.

@islandgrower is like a big bro looking after

Employed almost all training methods- LST, Topping, Fimming, supercropping, lollipoping, bud pinching, defoliation. Only thing missing is SCROG but i like moving them too much!

You could always make an individual scrog for each container attached to the container. Just saying

'Carpe diem et fumum veriditas'

Back