New Grower First Time Auto Growing Need Help!

Great looking seedlings 50% done . Now comes the fun part .

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

Thanks buddy! I would have expected that I did something stupid and the pictures would show it...lol

50% done of what? Just wanted to make sure I understand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@islandgrower @hecno @Maria Sanchez When I see the top inch of the soil get dry, how do you suggest I water them?

So far, I've read that I should take small amounts of water around 20-30ml and drip them a little around the diameter of the seedling. I should not spray on any part of the seedling. Is this correct?

My instinct told me to just mist the center a couple times. Luckily i read first....

Guys...?

You can spray around the seedling . I usually do with no ill effects. I do not like to see water drops on them though.

Keep the seedshell moist. It will come off . I usually moisten it well and then gently remove it . Only hurt a seedling once lol.

I did. Or at least tried. Put a drop on the spot. Tried a few times until it took a drop. It still wont separate. But it only looks like a little still attached. So gonna let it grow out of it. It was so humid this morning so I hope the sun will come out and do its job. Let my babies grow a little and shed the shell by itself. Does this happen?

I have this at home right now but after observing the conditions of my balcony (It was only today that i was at home the whole day), I realize that its pretty cooling and windy. Not really worried about extreme heat anymore cos no direct sun after NOON, which is actually not that ideal for the plants. But if it means they will live, I'll take it!

Guess nothing is perfect....will just have to grow them out and see how they fare on the balcony. Of course, assuming I have not killed them by planting them wrong, preparing the soil wrong etc....

Learning to not stress over it, as with everything else in life. Planning this grow till now has definitely helped me grow as a person. And thank u all so much for helping me become a better person.

Perfect mentality. Just let them be and they will tell you when they need something. Just don't let them dry out completely.

You can spray around the seedling . I usually do with no ill effects. I do not like to see water drops on them though.

That was what I felt. But just figured if i do it early morning, the sun should be more than enough to evaporate the water drops on them?

I did. Or at least tried. Put a drop on the spot. Tried a few times until it took a drop. It still wont separate. But it only looks like a little still attached. So gonna let it grow out of it. It was so humid this morning so I hope the sun will come out and do its job. Let my babies grow a little and shed the shell by itself. Does this happen?

Yes it does .

Never be afraid to ask , This is what AFN is all about , We are here to help , I was just like you not long ago , I know it seems daunting but take a deep breath and take note of the advice you are given , and remember --- All ways ask -- I will help in any way I can . :thumbsup: :vibe: Ps , we have 39c here today .

Never be afraid to ask , This is what AFN is all about , We are here to help , I was just like you not long ago , I know it seems daunting but take a deep breath and take note of the advice you are given , and remember --- All ways ask -- I will help in any way I can . :thumbsup: :vibe: Ps , we have 39c here today .

Its really hot here too but its pretty much always like this. The only difference is whether it rains and whether big or small. Such is life near the equator and the sea.

If these 2 days are any indication, it seems that the seedlings are taking the heat well. The air flow and humidity must have suited their needs but I was worried about temps. I monitored almost every hour from 8am to 1pm. Cos after that, no more direct sun and its just a shaded windy balcony. Both yesterday and today, I put them on lights from 2pm onwards cos i just like the idea of them having lights. Then took lights off at 7.30am.

So I'm inclined to feel that they can take the heat but probably not the whole day. If anyone is having same climate conditions, morning to noon sun is ok even for seedlings. The cheap hygrometer i put on the mulch (side of pot)even recorded temps up to 43 C!

Conservatively though, they are only exposed to the sun for 4 hours, not more than 5. Hope its good enough with the addition of those cheap ass fluoros.

Its really hot here too but its pretty much always like this. The only difference is whether it rains and whether big or small. Such is life near the equator and the sea.

If these 2 days are any indication, it seems that the seedlings are taking the heat well. The air flow and humidity must have suited their needs but I was worried about temps. I monitored almost every hour from 8am to 1pm. Cos after that, no more direct sun and its just a shaded windy balcony. Both yesterday and today, I put them on lights from 2pm onwards cos i just like the idea of them having lights. Then took lights off at 7.30am.

So I'm inclined to feel that they can take the heat but probably not the whole day. If anyone is having same climate conditions, morning to noon sun is ok even for seedlings. The cheap hygrometer i put on the mulch (side of pot)even recorded temps up to 43 C!

Conservatively though, they are only exposed to the sun for 4 hours, not more than 5. Hope its good enough with the addition of those cheap ass fluoros.

The autos i plant in the partial sun garden receive only 6 hours of direct sun, and i pull fine sized plants and decent bud from them, and our sun would be quite a bit weaker than close to the equator. Your bud might be a bit loose, but it will be good.

Seedlings are looking good!!

Back