New Grower First "Real" grow: 3.25'x3.25' Mars Hydro LED and Tent 4 Autos(Mixed)

hmmm would be an interesting observation! lol

o by the way i decided to actually lower the lights a little to 21" at the recommendation of @MarshydroTina /mars hydro i placed my light meter to monitor how much change it was and it increased my cheap lowes 3way sensor by 75 or so. so it went from 500- just under 600 i dont even know what the increments are measured in as it doesnt say on the packaging :( any ideas?
this is tina's reccomended hights so im trying to stay right in the middle as much as possible(hasnt steered me wrong yet)
during seedling: 24~30 inches
During veg: 18~24 inches
During flower: 12~18 inches above the plants.

o by the way i decided to actually lower the lights a little to 21" at the recommendation of @MarshydroTina /mars hydro i placed my light meter to monitor how much change it was and it increased my cheap lowes 3way sensor by 75 or so. so it went from 500- just under 600 i dont even know what the increments are measured in as it doesnt say on the packaging :( any ideas?
this is tina's reccomended hights so im trying to stay right in the middle as much as possible(hasnt steered me wrong yet)
during seedling: 24~30 inches
During veg: 18~24 inches
During flower: 12~18 inches above the plants.
Sounds about like most pink/purple led recommendations. I'd drop it down to the 18" mark however, and if they look stressed after 6-8 hours I'd raise it by 1", then just follow that till I got the right height. I try to keep my led as close to the plant as possible. In flower I am only 3-4" away, but I have a white cob fixture, and the plants react differently to them.

Chances the meter is reading foot candles, and/or lumens. Those are the most common light meters you find. If you got it at Lowes and not a specialty shop, it is most likely what you have. Look like this?
793950411315lg.jpg

From Lowes...

Digital Test Set

• Compact and rugged design with large display
  • Model measures to 2,000-Fc/ 20,000-Lux <<<<<
  • Data hold and minimum/maximum readings
  • Auto power off
  • Complete with built-in stand, remote sensor with protective cover, protective rubber holster, and 6 AAA batteries

Sounds about like most pink/purple led recommendations. I'd drop it down to the 18" mark however, and if they look stressed after 6-8 hours I'd raise it by 1", then just follow that till I got the right height. I try to keep my led as close to the plant as possible. In flower I am only 3-4" away, but I have a white cob fixture, and the plants react differently to them.

Chances the meter is reading foot candles, and/or lumens. Those are the most common light meters you find. If you got it at Lowes and not a specialty shop, it is most likely what you have. Look like this?
793950411315lg.jpg

From Lowes...

Digital Test Set

• Compact and rugged design with large display
  • Model measures to 2,000-Fc/ 20,000-Lux <<<<<
  • Data hold and minimum/maximum readings
  • Auto power off
  • Complete with built-in stand, remote sensor with protective cover, protective rubber holster, and 6 AAA batteries
its like this but a different color
iu

If it peaks at 2k, it should be foot candles. Lumens would be much higher. Either way, it is a good way to monitor the output. You can use it to compare the edges of the room to the center, or find the right spot to put that cola tip. I have something like it on my phone. I really doubt it is accurate, but it will show me the fluctuation in my light pattern, so it is still handy.

ok i lowered the LED to 18" from the tallest (OG) and i also turned my fan speed up as its been on the lowest setting the whole time i figure its time to turn up the wind on these girls and get their stems nice and sturdy. i also found that you can angle the fan up and down so i pointed it down so the girls could feel it a little stronger they look like they are dancing happily now..( they went from a up-beat slow jam to a slow/medium tango) lol

ok i lowered the LED to 18" from the tallest (OG) and i also turned my fan speed up as its been on the lowest setting the whole time i figure its time to turn up the wind on these girls and get their stems nice and sturdy. i also found that you can angle the fan up and down so i pointed it down so the girls could feel it a little stronger they look like they are dancing happily now..( they went from a up-beat slow jam to a slow/medium tango) lol
A gentle breeze on them does wonders... I have an oscillating fan makes then grow up strong

A gentle breeze on them does wonders... I have an oscillating fan makes then grow up strong
yup thats what this is a 6" oscillating desk fan with 3 speed settings i got from wally world its currently on the middle setting

DAY 12: They are all looking nice at the moment. Today i fed them only the root mass expanders(micros) and no sensi grow. When should i resume a lighter sensi grow feed as i am trying to follow tangs schedual. i probably should of kept feeding the 2 that didnt show the slight nute burn but im trying to keep it simple for the first 2 weeks or so.
Blue Treacle: She has very broad dark green leaves already and is looking very healthy, i have a feeling shes gonna be a little bush! she's ~1.75"
View attachment 547767 View attachment 547766
AK: She maintains her short status among the other taller ladies but still healthy :)

View attachment 547770 View attachment 547768
West Coast OG: Still at 2" but looking fineView attachment 547773 View attachment 547772 View attachment 547771
LSD-25: She's at ~1.75" as well
View attachment 547775 View attachment 547774

I havent seen much measurable vertical growth for a cpl days in all of them, is my LED too close? its at 24" from the tallest at the moment. otherwise i have few concerns at the moment and are letting them do their thing. when i feed/water them they each get 240ml of water/nutes every other day. does this sound about right? i dont wanna drown my roots. Anyways i want to thank everyone for being here with me for this its a special moment in time for us :thanks:
I am just now getting the hang of the LED thing myself but it was suggested that anywhere from 24-30 during the beginning (seedling) stage would be good, that being said they don't seem to be lacking light, colors are good I'd just keep on keeping on for a few more days yet ;-)

I am just now getting the hang of the LED thing myself but it was suggested that anywhere from 24-30 during the beginning (seedling) stage would be good, that being said they don't seem to be lacking light, colors are good I'd just keep on keeping on for a few more days yet ;-)
they seem to be liking the reduction of distance on the past 8 or so hrs the leaves are standing up nice :):frog:

Back