Outdoor First outdoor grow with Dutch passion autos

I'am in subbed up....[emoji482]

Looks like you got a good idea of what you got going on like Maria had suggested knowing your sunlight hours how much rain you get.
Using rainwaters often as you can maybe have a barrel and be able to collect rainwater is a good option to help you keep rain water in stock all the time.
that's what I do I have three 55 gallon barrels that are full of rainwater all the time I try not to use any other water only in emergencies.
Using the little fences around your plants is a must if you don't cage the whole entire grow where I live at you have to Cage The Grow or it's not legal and has to have a lock on it.
One other thing I suggest that I do in my Gardens is that I put a pot in the ground with a big hole in the bottom of it so the plant can grow straight through it.
pots are around 18 in the 20 in deep and I try to plant them into the ground using as much of that depth. My belief is that it helps keep away some of the nasty little bugs that crawl in the ground at that first 12in level.
They eat on your roots i e grubs also Gophers don't usually want to try and eat through plastic to get to your roots either.
Also another thing I found it helps with having the plastic pot
or a borader in the ground like that is that when your watering the water goes directly down to your roots and doesn't spread across the entire ground so you never lose anything that your pouring onto to your root base.
With the hole in the bottom of the pot that allows the plant to go into the native soil and if you grow from seed then it has a Taproot and they can get down to a good water source.

When I grew outside last year the same plants that grow inside sage and sour for instance from th seeds.
I only usually got a half a pound off her in the inside.
when I went outside same clone she gave me damn near 2 pounds off her of quality bud.
And my yield would have been bigger but I had some p.m. on the bottom of it and had to put it on the ground and get rid of it.
so your yields in my opinion are going to be bigger.
The sun is a super-powerful freaking light you can do wonders under the sun.
Good luck with your grow bro from
Growtogrow[emoji482][emoji267][emoji89][emoji12][emoji111]

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

I don't know if I must pH water or not?
I wouldn't worry about that. outdoor your soil is connected to all the soil around it, as opposed to a small isolated pot. so you have quiet a buffer for pH.
the pH of the soil does matter, but I don't think you're easily going to change the pH with watering, more to do what's in the soil(and possibly pH from rain, but I don't think acid rain is an issue anymore, everything I hear about it is somewhere in the 80's or 90's or so, before my time anyway, it was a big scare, but no one is worrying about it anymore, think it was fixed with regulations).
especially if you're not giving nutrients in your water, your water shouldn't affect the pH that much anyway, it won't be that far from neutral. I don't even own a pH-meter(although I do plan on buying one someday), and I've never had issues, even in pots outdoors. pH is certainly important, but you can easily garden without measuring it, especially if you're not working with liquid fertilizers.

that soil sounds very nice, no experience with such a soil though, but it I think it should be better than the soils I've grown in(mostly sand, and another location riverclay, pretty nice for fertility but very heavy).

so far my own grows in full soil have been very simple, with nothing added to the native soil, that works too. but I'm sure it's not optimal for yield, but my method is more plants with less effort per plant=similar yield per effort/work, but more spread out risk. but from theory, I would say the best thing you could do for your soil is add organic matter(compost/cococoir, potting soil like you're adding is also very high in organic matter), since that improves any soil in the places where it's lacking(water retention for sand, air/looseness for clay). and ofcourse enough NPK for the season, but you already thought of that, so nothing to add there really.
only thing you may want to watch out for, depending on where you grow, would be adding too much. not for the plants, but there are a lot of nature areas where it's managed to make the soil poor, since poor soil can improve bio diversity. and nitrate could leach to groundwater, which leads to eutrophication of water(more a big scale problem, so if you're not growing acres of weed, probably not really relevant). but I don't think you're going to have an impact with a few plants anyway, but I do like to think about such things for a moment when growing guerilla in a nature reserve-like area(similar with slug pellets. sometimes it's necessary, but if the slugs are not that bad I prefer rings with copper tape that I can take with me again at harvest). just out of respect for the area, I do like to grow my weed there but I'm not making a bigger impact than I have to to get some weed.

not sure about dolomite lime. I think calcium is usually not limiting in full soil, I think that's more a pot-thing(pot as in container), with a smaller volume and soil that's mostly organic matter. and I've read some things about too much magnesium compacting the soil, but not sure about the mechanism behind that. but I'm not really a soil-expert, I've had I think only 1 course that dealt a lot with soil, and for my own growing I've always kept it very simple, like gardening vegetables. this year I'm going to experiment a bit more with my soilmix, but so far it was just regular potting soil+some chickenshitpellets for extra nutrients.

Looking for some inputs from master outdoor growers, come join me please.
and thanks for the compliment, but I don't consider myself quiet a master yet :biggrin:
I have a few years exprience, and it helps that I'm doing a study that fits very well into my growing(bachelor plant sciences), but I still have a lot to experiment and learn.

good luck, my post has gotten quiet long but actually I think your plan sounds fine, I don't have much to add, I think you'll get a nice harvest if you do it like you're planning to. but sometimes I ramble on when I'm stoned and can't stop.
but also big chance you're going to run in some issue, outdoor is always a little unpredictable, and every location is diffferent. so you'll have to see which the problems are in your area, and adapt next years plans to them(even on a pretty small distance there could be differences, for example where my parents live slugs used to be my nr. 1 enemy, but in the area I grew guerilla last year they were no issue at all, while with the vegetation there I would've thought there would be loads of slugs there)

just read further and saw this:
I have open sun location, I think at least 6 hours per day is direct sunlight. I am little worried about that, because in mid summer temps on the sun goes above 50°C. In shadow it's 30-35°C usually. We shall see...

I think you should be fine, as long as there's plenty of water.
plants can withstand a lot outside their optimal conditions, so as long as they don't dry out I think they'll be fine. they may grow a bit slower compared to exactly optimal conditions, but they won't die.

Last edited:
Thanks for response, @Maria Sanchez !!

I added dolomite lime because of Ca and Mg. I don't undestand your question, where I want pH to be? I don't know where pH need to be, I think soil grows should be between 6 and 7?
In coco I use whole range between 5.6 and 6.5. So I guess soil needs to be higher at least 0.5. So this falls between 6 and 7.
I decided for that grow with dolomite lime and NPK tabs because here rains around 10 days per month (june, july, august), give or take 2 days. So when rains, I don't need to go to water plants. Less work for me. I have rain water and tap water, both are pretty much at the same pH around 6.9-7.3. I can pH it, no problem. But I don't know if I need to or not.
I have open sun location, I think at least 6 hours per day is direct sunlight. I am little worried about that, because in mid summer temps on the sun goes above 50°C. In shadow it's 30-35°C usually. We shall see...

What I meant was, if you have an ideal pH for this grow of 6.5, with the natural pH at 7 plus lime stabilizing it at around 7, it's going to be hard to keep it at 6.5. The lime and soil itself will pull it toward 7.

Okay, I see, for the Ca and Mg. I don't think pH 7 or so will be a big issue. If the natural pH of the Plagron light mix is in the ideal zone should work out ok.

50C??!?! Wow. Are you growing in Saudi Arabia?!?! Tough call. My guess would be that if they slowly get used to this, so long as they get enough water, they should be okay. Or... light shade cloth? Dont' know how secure you need to be, how discrete / secret you need to be.

Some great lookin dirt...
And yes... get that chicken wire ready!
Who was that who had there babies murdered by the deer in the outdoor competition @912GreenSkell ?? Poor bastard had The fencing and everything.

I’m along for this one.. good luck buds

I do recall...but drawing a blank who it was!!

It the states on private property , I use two used tires as a raised bed & then spray the piss out of them with coyote pee . I get it from a buddy who hunts them . Works awesome!

Yes absolutely....for those who live in hunting country, they can buy fox or coyote piss to deter deer and bunnies. Top dressed blood and bone meal are also a good deterrent, and offer nutrients when the rain comes.

So, this will be my first outdoor grow ever. I will use NPK tabs to keep things simple and plant into the ground. I have 50L Plagron lightmix which I will use for 6 plants. I also added some dolomite lime to soil, just because I have it on hand. So nothing else, only water from now on. I don't know if I must pH water or not?

Native soil is silt loam (if I translated correctly) with pH around 7, with 5-10% of carbonates and with around 65% silt (translate correct?), 20% sand and 15% clay. I know that because I had to inspect soil horizonts back in school. Here is the picture of soil horizonts:

I will dig around 30cm into the ground and put there 8L of Plagron lightmix with NPK tabs. I think roots will expand into native soil, and will not grow only in those 8L.

Goal is at least 60g per plant, so around 30-40% of what I get indoors. Being my first outdoor grow, some says number is high, but I say goals must be high!

I have one big yielder strain and one typical outdoor strain... Dutch passion Auto ultimate and Auto frisian dew. Right now, they're germinating directly in pots. AU is in 1L pots and AFD is in some smaller pots, I don't know how much they hold. Should be fine for 2-3 weeks indoors if we get by plant width.

This is for now to see how things will going. I have some Green poison F1 fast seeds, I want to try. Maybe later on, I hear it's a great strain. But for now, as I only have experience with autos, AU and AFD are on the test. Let's see how good is my weather, soil and the ground.

Looking for some inputs from master outdoor growers, come join me please.
@912GreenSkell @Vlad The Inhaler @Belivitez @trailanimal @captcold @TheMongol @Waira @Growtogrow @islandgrower @Maria Sanchez @SUNDOG @mohawk warrior @fryge @TheMongol @Biotabs F69 @Ryker604_BT @Hippy_BiotabsF70
man, I'm thinking if you get good weather this season gonna go way over 60! Exciting outdoor! this will be a fun watch for me!

I wouldn't worry about that. outdoor your soil is connected to all the soil around it, as opposed to a small isolated pot. so you have quiet a buffer for pH.
the pH of the soil does matter, but I don't think you're easily going to change the pH with watering, more to do what's in the soil(and possibly pH from rain, but I don't think acid rain is an issue anymore, everything I hear about it is somewhere in the 80's or 90's or so, before my time anyway, it was a big scare, but no one is worrying about it anymore, think it was fixed with regulations).
especially if you're not giving nutrients in your water, your water shouldn't affect the pH that much anyway, it won't be that far from neutral. I don't even own a pH-meter(although I do plan on buying one someday), and I've never had issues, even in pots outdoors. pH is certainly important, but you can easily garden without measuring it, especially if you're not working with liquid fertilizers.

that soil sounds very nice, no experience with such a soil though, but it I think it should be better than the soils I've grown in(mostly sand, and another location riverclay, pretty nice for fertility but very heavy).

so far my own grows in full soil have been very simple, with nothing added to the native soil, that works too. but I'm sure it's not optimal for yield, but my method is more plants with less effort per plant=similar yield per effort/work, but more spread out risk. but from theory, I would say the best thing you could do for your soil is add organic matter(compost/cococoir, potting soil like you're adding is also very high in organic matter), since that improves any soil in the places where it's lacking(water retention for sand, air/looseness for clay). and ofcourse enough NPK for the season, but you already thought of that, so nothing to add there really.
only thing you may want to watch out for, depending on where you grow, would be adding too much. not for the plants, but there are a lot of nature areas where it's managed to make the soil poor, since poor soil can improve bio diversity. and nitrate could leach to groundwater, which leads to eutrophication of water(more a big scale problem, so if you're not growing acres of weed, probably not really relevant). but I don't think you're going to have an impact with a few plants anyway, but I do like to think about such things for a moment when growing guerilla in a nature reserve-like area(similar with slug pellets. sometimes it's necessary, but if the slugs are not that bad I prefer rings with copper tape that I can take with me again at harvest). just out of respect for the area, I do like to grow my weed there but I'm not making a bigger impact than I have to to get some weed.

not sure about dolomite lime. I think calcium is usually not limiting in full soil, I think that's more a pot-thing(pot as in container), with a smaller volume and soil that's mostly organic matter. and I've read some things about too much magnesium compacting the soil, but not sure about the mechanism behind that. but I'm not really a soil-expert, I've had I think only 1 course that dealt a lot with soil, and for my own growing I've always kept it very simple, like gardening vegetables. this year I'm going to experiment a bit more with my soilmix, but so far it was just regular potting soil+some chickenshitpellets for extra nutrients.

and thanks for the compliment, but I don't consider myself quiet a master yet :biggrin:
I have a few years exprience, and it helps that I'm doing a study that fits very well into my growing(bachelor plant sciences), but I still have a lot to experiment and learn.

good luck, my post has gotten quiet long but actually I think your plan sounds fine, I don't have much to add, I think you'll get a nice harvest if you do it like you're planning to. but sometimes I ramble on when I'm stoned and can't stop.
but also big chance you're going to run in some issue, outdoor is always a little unpredictable, and every location is diffferent. so you'll have to see which the problems are in your area, and adapt next years plans to them(even on a pretty small distance there could be differences, for example where my parents live slugs used to be my nr. 1 enemy, but in the area I grew guerilla last year they were no issue at all, while with the vegetation there I would've thought there would be loads of slugs there)

just read further and saw this:

I think you should be fine, as long as there's plenty of water.
plants can withstand a lot outside their optimal conditions, so as long as they don't dry out I think they'll be fine. they may grow a bit slower compared to exactly optimal conditions, but they won't die.
I like your "no footprints" approcach

Goal is at least 60g per plant, so around 30-40% of what I get indoors. Being my first outdoor grow, some says number is high, but I say goals must be high!

It is a sound goal...and shit man, if I can do it so can you!! I pulled 100 grams off an auto ultimate that lived in less than 6 hours of direct sun at best. You got it bud!!

Back