New Grower First indoor grow: LindaSeeds GG#4 and Gelato 33 under Mars SP3000

Looked at the girls this morning. Checked the moisture levels and all need watering. I'll do that this evening when they start the new light cycle. I'll top water with some molasses and water in a bit of top dressed ewc. I'll also bottom feed some MegaCrop ppm'd to 500.

Well, I think it's time for some defoliating. .......especially on the two 7gal pots. We have some Bow-bow-chica-chica-wow-wow '70's Bush" going on! Yeah, it's that thick! LOL!
It's mainly close surface I'll be taking care of. At the same time, I plan to loosen up on the lst to see if the major stems will raise up a bit higher off the top of the soil. They may have stiffened up too much at this point but I should get a little more clearance. I'll bag what I take off, throw in the blender and freeze. I just don't want them on the top of the media until I get a bit more clearance. I'll malt some two row barley and blend that with the canna smoothie after thawing.

The GG4 in the 15 gal pot is not as bushy down low, mainly because it's spread out further than the 7gal pots, I'll still give her a trim, just not nearly as much.

DAMN!
That was VERY much needed! Not so much on the 15gal GG4, but the other two needed it pretty bad.
I removed all the soft wires and helped the girls up a bit. I mainly removed leaves to clean up the bottom and increase air flow. I removed a few that were never going to make anything but larf. Yeah, they got a little pissy and the leaves drooped a bit, but they will perk up when I feed tonight at the start of the light cycle.

I removed all the Timothy hay and put in a bag for the tote and the next mix of soil. I scratched up the top a little and was rewarded with a great forest floor smell. Very nice fungal growth and VERY dark humis. Didn't dig down to maybe see roots. I wanted to disturb the structure as little as possible. I just wanted to better prep for the next things.

I wanted to add three top dressings. I added a heavy 'salting' of Humichar (50/50 mix of humic acid and biochar) a full cup between all 3. I added about 5 tablespoons of Thorivin kelp to each. I then added a little over a cup of EWC to each and scratched all the ingredients into the top a bit.

Not gonna water in until the new light cycle. I'll add molasses to my tap water and water in enough to settle it in. I'll layer on top some fresh Timothy hay and that should last until the end of this grow. I'll probably add some more EWC in two weeks, but just sprinkle it on top and water it in.

Before I water in or bottom feed, I'm gonna deep probe for moisture. I know I can water in the top dressings without worry, I'm just not sure about bottom feeding at the same time. I have been watering every two days the last couple of watering, but watering in the top dressings may take more water. They will be fine until Wed or Thurs for the bottom feeding. At least top watering is LOT easier now! LOL!

I'm gonna leave off the soft wire for a few days to see what the girls do without it. I'll readjust after the girls have a few days to recover.

I think it was well needed and very worth the effort, even if I didn't go as crazy as other do. Boy did they stink up the place! Even with the exhaust fan still on!

IMG_20200901_121431307_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200901_121540798_HDR.jpg

Well, at least by changing my time schedule on the girls, I can look and work on the girls when I wake up early.

The girls stood up more after not having any restraint. Well, we can;t have that! I just restrained them enough to spread and even the canopy. Stems are fattening and firming up. Buds are everywhere and growing very nicely.
The girls are really drinking a pretty good amount of water. I used 1.5 gal with molasses yesterday to water in the top dressings and to wet down the timothy hay. This morning, I used rainwater I collected over night, got over 25 gal so far, and bottom fed with MegaCrop ppm'd to 525 with a starting ppm of 20. The last bit is just being absorbed now for a total just under 3gal!
At 38 days for the oldest, I still have probably over 4 weeks left. I think these girls are gonna get pretty large. :yay:

The baby buds are so cute and growing like crazy. The kelp I added about two weeks ago and the kelp I added yesterday should take the girls out the back door without any Cal/Mag problems.

YEAH! THE HEATWAVE AND DROUGHT HAS FINALLY BROKE!

pop22 I think you'll have fun growing Linda Seeds GG#4!

edit......I still find it interesting that the GG4 in the 7gal pot is still trailing the GG4 in the 15gal in bud development, even with being two days older. The Mars SP3000 must be one of the factors. Maybe the larger surface area of the 15gal is another.

Sept2.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good!

DAMN!
That was VERY much needed! Not so much on the 15gal GG4, but the other two needed it pretty bad.
I removed all the soft wires and helped the girls up a bit. I mainly removed leaves to clean up the bottom and increase air flow. I removed a few that were never going to make anything but larf. Yeah, they got a little pissy and the leaves drooped a bit, but they will perk up when I feed tonight at the start of the light cycle.

I removed all the Timothy hay and put in a bag for the tote and the next mix of soil. I scratched up the top a little and was rewarded with a great forest floor smell. Very nice fungal growth and VERY dark humis. Didn't dig down to maybe see roots. I wanted to disturb the structure as little as possible. I just wanted to better prep for the next things.

I wanted to add three top dressings. I added a heavy 'salting' of Humichar (50/50 mix of humic acid and biochar) a full cup between all 3. I added about 5 tablespoons of Thorivin kelp to each. I then added a little over a cup of EWC to each and scratched all the ingredients into the top a bit.

Not gonna water in until the new light cycle. I'll add molasses to my tap water and water in enough to settle it in. I'll layer on top some fresh Timothy hay and that should last until the end of this grow. I'll probably add some more EWC in two weeks, but just sprinkle it on top and water it in.

Before I water in or bottom feed, I'm gonna deep probe for moisture. I know I can water in the top dressings without worry, I'm just not sure about bottom feeding at the same time. I have been watering every two days the last couple of watering, but watering in the top dressings may take more water. They will be fine until Wed or Thurs for the bottom feeding. At least top watering is LOT easier now! LOL!

I'm gonna leave off the soft wire for a few days to see what the girls do without it. I'll readjust after the girls have a few days to recover.

I think it was well needed and very worth the effort, even if I didn't go as crazy as other do. Boy did they stink up the place! Even with the exhaust fan still on!

View attachment 1229196

View attachment 1229198

I don't get the developmental difference between the two GG#4s. The girl in the 7gal pot has finally shown SOME bud development, naturally on the main stalk. It's also behind the Gelato33, but that's due to genetics.

If it's not light related, she still gets light from the SP3000, and not phoneme related, what did I do to delay it's development or what did I do to enhance the GG#4 in the 15 gal pot?

Inquiring minds want to know!

I'd say it's just genetic expression. I occasionally see clones do the same thing. All other factors being the same, seems like genetics to me.

I don't get the developmental difference between the two GG#4s. The girl in the 7gal pot has finally shown SOME bud development, naturally on the main stalk. It's also behind the Gelato33, but that's due to genetics.

If it's not light related, she still gets light from the SP3000, and not phoneme related, what did I do to delay it's development or what did I do to enhance the GG#4 in the 15 gal pot?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Back