more light that can penetrate
IMG_20180314_154706775.jpg
IMG_20180314_154825879.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180314_160747399.jpg
    IMG_20180314_160747399.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
The ponytail technique has definitely helped and the training has opened up the plants canopy which should allow more light through to those lower branches which should help increase your end production :thumbsup:

A very vigorous plant, super healthy and growing well :pass:

Thank you as always for the diary update and added pictures very much appreciated!

Until next time :bong:

All the best

Mark..

Thank you @Dinafem-Mark
As it's al new to me I don't know if I'm doing it OK or not, I can't compare because I can't find other reports of WW auto CBD
For me she looks good, strong and healthy but for a 24l pot very small.
She's getting now Biobizz 1ml bio grow, 1ml top max en 1ml bio bloom and my fertometer is also happy, giving me green light :)
I don't know what's the best, I see plants 4 times bigger than mine but 4 times less internodes? We'll see at the and.
Also did my last training to day, will not stress here more till the end now.

pictures day 40

View media item 14245
View media item 14246
View media item 14248
View media item 14249
View media item 14247

I fear I have been a little too enthusiastic with Magnesium Calcium Carbonate granular that I use in my garden.
Had read in several topics to give CaMg preventively from week 6 under LED but think that I used a bit too much the day before yesterday.
Yesterday morning the lamp had also been brought from 45cm to 35cm because it is so prescribed by Mars from growth to flowering and my plant has now stopped growing and has been showing small buds for two weeks.
Yesterday afternoon nothing special to see and just watered with the prescribed diet and then last night I saw the sides of the leaves curling, little research and then I came out to maybe too warm or lamp too close. My temp max never got higher then 27°C so immediately I put the lamp back to 45cm but today even more leaves suffer from the curling of the sides, also the leaves below that certainly do not suffer from the heat. Can not think otherwise that with the water also those Magnesium Calcium Carbonate grains are starting to dissolve and are a bit too much? someone who can confirm this or is something else wrong?
Have removed the top 5cm soil and replenished with my Batmix-cocos to remove the CaMg.
The photos from day 44 (on the second picture the leaves look yellow but that is because of the flash, they are slightly paler but not yellow)

View media item 14265View media item 14262View media item 14264View media item 14263

Hi @archie gemmill , thanks for your reply
Not sure it's the temp. all the leaves have it, also the lower ones, you can see it in the pictures of today. Temp is more or less a constant 25°C (I measure at plant height) and when I lowered the lamp it raised only 2°C

Day 46

Today I put Wietie # 1 out in the sun for an hour.

It was three days since I had given water and top 3cm of soil was already pretty dry. Flushed with 4l of normal tap water without fertilizer and let drip, after an hour there was 800ml runofff that I have thrown away. Most important, after that hour, the roots are not wetter than if I just give 2l water according to my soil moisture sensor at root level. My fertometer still indicates green so EC is also OK.
Grow already stopt for a week and because I have lots of leaves touching each other I also removed some larger leaves to have better light penetration and air flow.

View media item 14290View media item 14291View media item 14298View media item 14297View media item 14296View media item 14295View media item 14294View media item 14293View media item 14292

its just the very top leaves with the taco effect ? just a few degrees too much,raising the light they happy again.
looking good.
:pighug:

I agree this does not look like a cal/mag issue but I think this is LED related more specifically to close to the top of the plant. I've started to see a few issues cropping up and all routes lead back to LED being the issue.

What you have to remember LED are quite new with multiple variants out there and quite simply we just do not know enough yet about this lighting to make it as effective/efficient as possible.

The more LED grows we see the more we learn :thumbsup:

I must say your LED is keeping your plant super short and now budding has started let's see what she can do in the flower phase :bong:

Thank you for the diary update @Wietie :bong:

All the best

Mark..

Back