New Grower First grow, Royal Dwarf, UK outdoor

I haven't soaked a single seed yet, I plant straight into wet plugs and have had 99% gemination, one failed but I blame the seed.
To help raise the temps pick up a green house tube heater. They can go up to 120w, I use an 80w one. It raises the temp by about 5c - 7c depending on outside tent temps and tent size. They are not to expensive, around £30 notes.
Cool thanks for the info.

I've never soaked anything else when growing things for the garden and have had success with all sorts of crops. But it's strange with this little seed I started to get a bit nervous, plus there is much conflicting info out there on what to do.

I wasn't keen on paper towel and leaving it for a couple of days so thought an 8hr soak might be a happy medium.

The next one is just going to get popped straight in the dirt, no messing!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Lil update.

It was rather dull on the windowsill today so seedling and CFL are going on a date just for a couple of hours to get acquainted before bedtime. (Salad leaves are playing chaperone!)

My other half thinks the seedling is cute. I came home from work today though and she goes to me:
"I've been sniffing your seedling today to make sure it doesn't stink the house out."
Haha bless her.

Date night is going ok so far, they are getting along fine. Let's hope it's love at first sight. [emoji7]

803e33daf3a4107b86752b58ed6f7bed.jpg

Cheers
Swan

Looking good so far dude. Keep it up. I'll be following this diary closely! :thumbsup:

If you want to add some more strains to the list for this season, I strongly recommend...

- Serious 6
- Green Poison FV
- Jack 47 FV
- Killer Kush FV

and for autos

- Alien vs Triangle
- Moby Dick XXL
- White Widow XXL

End of day 3

Good night little seedling.

Let's have a look on the height chart before this little sucker goes to bed.....

That's 3 times taller than end of day 1, you clever little thing, have a gold star [emoji16]

4c4757758b21ca3187e1336563faa085.jpg

572198e06d3c8c82e0afb719de6ff697.jpg

Cheers
Swan

Looking good so far dude. Keep it up. I'll be following this diary closely! [emoji106]

If you want to add some more strains to the list for this season, I strongly recommend...

- Serious 6
- Green Poison FV
- Jack 47 FV
- Killer Kush FV

and for autos

- Alien vs Triangle
- Moby Dick XXL
- White Widow XXL
Thanks pal.

I can only do one plant at any one time (she made me promise!)

But I can put those on the wish list for next time [emoji106]

Cheers
Swan

Day 4

Only a few milimetres growth in height but a definite widening in those 2 leaves compared to yesterday when they were smaller than the seed leaves.

2b7913191c575439f900a664bf05de00.jpg

ca8d5dfa8b30ec205cc32a1012a004fd.jpg

So I know it's an "Outdoor grow" but she's starting inside and here's a pic of my state of the art daytime set up!

4b8b2097396f9212dc5da369d3c17611.jpg

Seedling sits on the windowsill while I'm at work.

This window gets sun from 8am til 5pm, then when I get home at 6pm I move it to another windowsill that gets sun all the way until sunset (so about till 8ish it was this evening)

I have a wee rechargable fan with solar panel that blows across it all day.

For the last couple of days once the windowsill light has disappeared it gets a few hours under CFL before bedtime.

This coming weekend my seedling will get its first taste of the outdoors for a couple of hours first thing in the morning and then a couple of hours in the late afternoon.

Cheers
Swan

Day 5: Advanced mode activated.

Ok, so we're getting technical now, tonight I have, wait for it........
Cut a veiwing window in the cardboard enclosure!

b508d541760e59eacdd61545ca52cf34.jpg

262fa67fe68f01707033b64557c01ea8.jpg

Must stop fiddling now, off to inspect bonsai instead see if ready for first prune of the year [emoji4] [emoji269]

Cheers
Swan

Day 5: Advanced mode activated.

Ok, so we're getting technical now, tonight I have, wait for it........
Cut a veiwing window in the cardboard enclosure!

b508d541760e59eacdd61545ca52cf34.jpg

262fa67fe68f01707033b64557c01ea8.jpg

Must stop fiddling now, off to inspect bonsai instead see if ready for first prune of the year [emoji4] [emoji269]

Cheers
Swan

I love it! You bring me in with suspense! Keep up the good work!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Day 6

A day out for seedling!

Seedling spent pretty much all day outside while I was in the garden doing man stuff like building a shed [emoji3]

It's been mainly overcast with odd periods of sunshine and a couple of light showers, plus a light breeze so she's experienced a variety of conditions which I figured was a good thing.

More growth in the leaves and I can see the beginnings of more shoots in the middle ready to burst out.

Once those are out I imagine it's a snowball effect with collecting more light and growing new leaves to collect more light and grow more leaves!

9f3ee6bd8fb4445772f92fa0e996193f.jpg

Cheers
Swan

Back