Indoor First Grow - Northern Lights Indica Auot Fem

Day 42

Just been watering since the last update. The girls are really sucking up the water now as they continue into the flowering phase.

Big girl:
IMG_2614.JPG
IMG_2620.JPG
IMG_2621.JPG

Twisty:
IMG_2616.JPG
IMG_2617.JPG
IMG_2618.JPG

Runt:
IMG_2613.JPG
IMG_2622.JPG

The plastic Folgers can on the left of some of the images is a red neck humidifier and it works really well. :biggrin: It disperses a quart and a half of water daily keeping the area at 35-40% humid. The weather has dried out the last few weeks and the space was staying around 20-25%.

The pictures are 2 days old and the girls have actually grown a lot more since taking them. I also applied more LST to Twisty and runt (even though I said I wouldn't :biggrin:). And I removed a few more leaves to give the side growth even more exposure to light.

I haven't moved the second batch to the growbox yet. You can see them in some of the pics above.

That's it for this update. Cheers and happy growing!

Attachments

• IMG_2621.JPG
    IMG_2621.JPG
    181.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2615.JPG
    IMG_2615.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2624.JPG
    IMG_2624.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 58
OK. It's been so long since I've had an opportunity to post that I hardly know where to start. So - I'll just jump right in no particular order.:biggrin:

First, the planned 2nd grow was a swing and a miss. I learned a valuable lesson though and it's one I should have already known - let your seedlings develop for a while before transplanting or you could severely stunt their growth. I did this three times before the lesson stuck. I lost the jock horror altogether. I have a northern lights and an ak-48 on life-support but they're going to be tiny things if left to survive. So I've started and transplanted 2 nirvana bublelicious and 1 ak-48 into 3 gallon pots in my diy soil. I've got another ak-48 that just popped in a dixie cup and she'll be joining the others in her very own 3 gallon pot in a couple of weeks. The second grow is happening and I'll start a new thread on it as soon as I finish up this last installment on my first grow. One thing I learned from the first grow is that I can likely squeeze 6 three gallon pots into the space - 5 would leave a little space for something else. I'm going to do four pots this time around and see how that goes.

I've also harvested the 3 northern lights from my first grow. Did that a couple days ago on Saturday. More on that in the pictorials below.

My growbox is running hotter than I'd anticipated and I'm using some heirloom tomato plants as guinea pigs to tweak it. :biggrin: Not a big deal though, I also insulated and rigged heating into my larger grow-space and It looks like I'll be able to use it throughout the winter. We had an 8 degree F low after I finished and the space never dropped below 68 and mostly hovered around 82-86. I can't think of an economical way to cool the space during the summer though, so I'll need to have the growbox sorted out by late April - early May, when the space will become unusable until late September - early October. I really like the grow-space though. It's the highest point in the house and well ventilated. It's accessible only through my man-cave on thew second floor. My first grow was nirvana northern lights and one of the reasons I chose the northern lights is because it is supposed to be low-odor and two were but one (Big Girl) was pungent and smelled up the space big time. But the smell was not noticeable anywhere else except the man-cave when I had the space's access door open. Otherwise - not a problem at all.

Now. Lets finish up that first grow, shall we?

Big Girl:
IMG_5877.JPG
IMG_5879.JPG

IMG_5878.JPG

Twisty:

IMG_5881.JPG
IMG_5885.JPG
IMG_5886.JPG

Runt:
IMG_5888.JPG
IMG_5889.JPG
IMG_5891.JPG

I realize that I pulled the trigger on these a bit early. Big Girl could have stood another week or so and the other two - longer. But I needed the space for grow [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] and I just couldn't wait any longer. I've been smoking/vaping the trim all along and it just kept getting better and better over time. I've got 4 more northern lights beans and hopefully I'll have enough stashed to let the next batch go to the very end. :smoking:

The harvest?

IMG_5894.JPG
IMG_5899.JPG

101 grams of trimmed bud ready to hang. :biggrin:

And I won't touch it until I use up all the trim.:smoking:

And that folks, is a wrap.

Cheers and Happy Growing!

Attachments

• IMG_5878.JPG
    IMG_5878.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_5888.JPG
    IMG_5888.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 45
Let me know when you start a new thread!

Good job, we dont learn if we dont try.

One thing I forgot to mention. After the trimming I was able to roll a decent booger from the sticky goo on my fingers and trimmer. It put me way over the top when I mixed it with some dried trim and smoked it in one big hit from the bong. Mercy!

Back