Indoor First Grow - Northern Lights Indica Auot Fem

Thanks for your input!

The third one came up that way. She was twisted and mottled from birth. That's why I named her Twisty. I had considered pulling her up and starting another but now that the new growth is coming in a lot better, I think I'll let her stay around for a bit longer. :biggrin:

Considering feeding, all three of the plants were a really light green so I started feeding a week ago because I was worried that they were N starved. They darkened up immediately. Also the soil I used, while organic, was hot. So was the perlite. So, I washed it out really good and allowed it to drain and "cook" for a couple weeks while I got everything else together. Maybe the girls just needed to mature a bit?

The ladies are three weeks old and have four growth nodes. I'd read somewhere that you should start LST at 3-4 growth nodes on autos. What do you use as a guideline to start LST?

Thanks again for your input. This is way funner than I thought it'd be and I know I have a lot to learn. :biggrin:

I usually wait until the 4th or 5th node. If you ask me why, it's mostly because I don't like the leaves on the 2-3 first nodes. Most of the time, like yours, the leaves are not fully grown and only have 3 "fingers". I like it when they have at least 2 fully grown set of leaves (5 fingers min). The plant is then, totally healthy, and ready to develop secondary stems. And when the plant is too low, it becomes a problem to water them easily, because the stems and leaves will be too close from the soil. And of course, if you break the main stem, it's easier for them to recover if you have fully developed leaves.

One thing you'll enjoy doing, is anticipating your grow.
Think about everything. When you do something think about what it will do.

Do not touch them anymore, once your secondary stems will be long enough, tie them. Will give you some tricks all along your grow, just to make sure you have fat nuuuuugs.

Cheers

Got a Jock Horror photo fem germinating for christening the box.

Now I just need to get the box finished. :biggrin:

Actually, I just checked on the girls and noticed that the JH has already popped. Gotta get the box finished. :biggrin:

May I wish you a spectacular grow my friend. Let's hope we get a BOM/POM nomination at the end eh ?

avaguddun........eP.

Day 28

Things are starting to move along a lot more quickly. One of the twins has become the runt as Twisty continues to straighten herself out. Big girl is already showing her sex and we should be moving from veg to flower sometime in the next week or so.

Big girl

IMG_2561.JPG

Twisty

IMG_2560.JPG

Runt

IMG_2559.JPG

I tortured them a bit more with some more LST after taking the photos and now there are a lot more side shoots exposed to the lighting, particularly with big girl. Her main stem is the diameter of my ring finger. She's twice as big as Twisty and almost four times bigger than Runt.

I finished up the fan mounts on my growbox and installed them. I still need to get the filter built out. That's the final piece. I had hoped to finish the box over the weekend but other stuff got in the way.

IMG_2555.JPG
IMG_2557.JPG
IMG_2564.JPG

It'll need a bit of touchup when I'm done installing the filter but it is just about done. :biggrin:

I've got sprouts for my second grow and I really need to start another log before they grow much more. That's it for now. :smoking:

Attachments

• IMG_2561.JPG
    IMG_2561.JPG
    174.2 KB · Views: 73
Day 30.

Watered the ladies today. Big girl is starting to show strong signs of flowering:

IMG_2567.JPG

I've snapped on the bloom light and plan to start bloom feeding next week. She is way ahead of the other two. Growth on her sister plants seems to have stalled. Big girl is going strong and hard. Looks like she'll finish way ahead of her sisters.

Back