New Grower First Grow - Northern Lights Autoflower - Sprouty

Day 90:

Took her down this morning before the lights came on. Unfortunately I do not have a scale :( Ordered a cheapo digital one, but it won't arrive for a while yet. I guess it's coming by foot...from China :) Anyhoo...I have no idea how much the weight is...but it's a lot!!

Pretty happy with this grow considering this is my first time!! :) Only 176 watts total CFL. Next time I'll be doing another NL auto, but with led lights, air pots, and not sure yet on soil type.

Attachments

• 20150520_060247.jpg
    20150520_060247.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 153
  • 20150520_060540.jpg
    20150520_060540.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 149
  • 20150520_060747.jpg
    20150520_060747.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 149
  • 20150520_060837.jpg
    20150520_060837.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 100
  • 20150520_060953.jpg
    20150520_060953.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 145
  • 20150520_062930.jpg
    20150520_062930.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Heyy Cannabry!!!

Congrats on your first harvest!! You've done a great job!!

:d5:
Let us know if you need any advice with the drying and curing - it's the final leg of a succesful grow! :)

The old rep system is gone ... but i'll mark your post as a "best answer" in recognician of your lovely first harvest!

Congrats!
Blue ^_^

Heyy Cannabry!!!

Congrats on your first harvest!! You've done a great job!!

:d5:
Let us know if you need any advice with the drying and curing - it's the final leg of a succesful grow! :)

The old rep system is gone ... but i'll mark your post as a "best answer" in recognician of your lovely first harvest!

Congrats!
Blue ^_^

Thanks blue!!! :smoking:

Right now I put them in a small cardboard box for the day, in a small dark storage room. I didn't plan this very well, and now I have to go to work :) I'm going to be putting them in brown paper bags when I get home from work....or I might hang them too...I don't know yet...lol.

:pass:

Okay :) You might see this when your back from work!

Is your cab now empty??
Hopefully it is.

I would either remove all the fan leaves (and sugar leaves - but that's your choice) and either hang them in your cab with the extractor on - this is a really good idea, becuase it keeps the airflow so your buds dont mold, but also takes away the smell when it dries!

The other way is to cut the buds into golfball sized nugs and line the bottom of brown paper bacgs with them. (line the bottom - dont stuff the bags) and fold them over. - I'd keep them in the cab with the extractor too!

It will take around 5 days to get them dryish - keep a few stems attached and wait until the snap (not bendy snap, a little audible "snap")

The outsides should be dry and almost crispy to the touch.

Pop them in a jar for one night. Pull them out in the morning and check them - they should be damp again (weird eh!?!) - Pop them back on the lines or in the bags for one more day and then when you re-jar them, they should be good to burp the jars daily (open them for five minues and move the buds around)

The last thing you want it moldy weed - Botrys is very nasty on the lungs!

If your weed is a little moist - don't just jar it thinking "it'll be okay" ... I can say from experience .... it most likely wont be okay lol but at the same time - don't dry it until it's lifeless and powder fys in the air when you crack open a bud lol

You'll get it right - but will probably panic now! lol

Okay :) You might see this when your back from work!

Is your cab now empty??
Hopefully it is.

I would either remove all the fan leaves (and sugar leaves - but that's your choice) and either hang them in your cab with the extractor on - this is a really good idea, becuase it keeps the airflow so your buds dont mold, but also takes away the smell when it dries!

The other way is to cut the buds into golfball sized nugs and line the bottom of brown paper bacgs with them. (line the bottom - dont stuff the bags) and fold them over. - I'd keep them in the cab with the extractor too!

It will take around 5 days to get them dryish - keep a few stems attached and wait until the snap (not bendy snap, a little audible "snap")

The outsides should be dry and almost crispy to the touch.

Pop them in a jar for one night. Pull them out in the morning and check them - they should be damp again (weird eh!?!) - Pop them back on the lines or in the bags for one more day and then when you re-jar them, they should be good to burp the jars daily (open them for five minues and move the buds around)

The last thing you want it moldy weed - Botrys is very nasty on the lungs!

If your weed is a little moist - don't just jar it thinking "it'll be okay" ... I can say from experience .... it most likely wont be okay lol but at the same time - don't dry it until it's lifeless and powder fys in the air when you crack open a bud lol

You'll get it right - but will probably panic now! lol

I couldn't stop thinking about it so I'm taking a little break from work :) Following your advice, I went out and bought a couple of hanging racks. $1.50 each at Dollarama :)
Thank you for your help blue! I'll be following your instructions as I go. :cheers:

Check it out!! :biggrin:

Attachments

• 20150520_101135.jpg
    20150520_101135.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Sweet :)

Don't forget to put the extractor (out take) fan on for air movement - keep those buds from molding and will dry them a (little) quicker.

Sweet :)

Don't forget to put the extractor (out take) fan on for air movement - keep those buds from molding and will dry them a (little) quicker.

I covered the intake fan a bit so it's not blowing right on the buds. Would it be better to disable the instake fan completely and just leave the outtake fan running?

Yeah dont worry about the intake fan - just use the out take and carbon filter.

I dont use an internal fan either as it dries the buds too quickly (and thats not good) :)

Back