New Grower First Grow Ever (NY)

Has anyone here grown FastBuds Gelato? Per NASC, it should take 56 days from sprout to harvest. Is that really accurate, or does it depend on a lot of factors? That’s wild to me…

hint -> breeder estimatez only apply to plantz grown at area 51 :goauto: :rofl: jus sayin....:coffee: ppp

Anybody use Myco+ or GH Root Stimulator, or anything similar? Is it too early to introduce these - since I’m in FFOF? I don’t plan on feeding veg nutrients til week 3 or 4. Appreciate any insight!

Dan

Anybody use Myco+ or GH Root Stimulator, or anything similar? Is it too early to introduce these - since I’m in FFOF? I don’t plan on feeding veg nutrients til week 3 or 4. Appreciate any insight!

Dan
I personally wouldn’t use either of those yet, but you could try a 1/4 dose and see what happens. They both have N which you won’t need yet. If you’re looking for something that you can use from the first watering, fish sh!t has no nutritional value but has billions of microbes and is great for your medium and roots. But, it’s spendy. I haven’t decided if it’s worth the money yet.

I know it’s tempting to start throwing nutes at them but being patient will pay off. Focus on water ph right now. These plants are in week 4 and are about to get their 3rd feeding today. The 2 green ones in the back.

F2603707-BBF1-4984-B739-E29DEF77AE2A.jpeg

I personally wouldn’t use either of those yet, but you could try a 1/4 dose and see what happens. They both have N which you won’t need yet. If you’re looking for something that you can use from the first watering, fish sh!t has no nutritional value but has billions of microbes and is great for your medium and roots. But, it’s spendy. I haven’t decided if it’s worth the money yet.

I know it’s tempting to start throwing nutes at them but being patient will pay off. Focus on water ph right now. These plants are in week 4 and are about to get their 3rd feeding today. The 2 green ones in the back.

View attachment 1443926
Thanks for the reply man! Will hold off for a bit. I was thinking a root stimulator or myco+ in conjunction with my veg nutes. Or do my veg nutes/soil already have everything I need? Using the FF trio.
Thanks again! Your plants look great!

Thanks for the reply man! Will hold off for a bit. I was thinking a root stimulator or myco+ in conjunction with my veg nutes. Or do my veg nutes/soil already have everything I need? Using the FF trio.
Thanks again! Your plants look great!
You can use anything you want. The trio will get you through on its own with decent results. Anything else you add in addition you just need to be mindful of the NPK content. Less is more with autos. The plants in that pic I posted that are almost done were fed very little because I figured out I had been over feeding my plants. With the FF trio you could probably feed some Big Bloom now it’s not really a fertilizer. Start with a 1/2 strength dose.

Water soon I imagine?

I water my soil by weight and use spray bottle in between waterings for the first 2-4 wks.:d5:

FWIW IMO with FFOF you can probably not even use the grow big with autos and just use the tiger bloom. FFOF has a lot of N in it. I’ve gone 4-5 weeks in FFOF with ro only. :face:

Need to slow my ass down!
:yeahthat: Like @2budz said less is more with a auto most of the time. Definitely when a new grower. Focus on your environment and dial that in first and the plants will reward you. Look into VPD if you haven’t already

I water my soil by weight and use spray bottle in between waterings for the first 2-4 wks.:d5:

FWIW IMO with FFOF you can probably not even use the grow big with autos and just use the tiger bloom. FFOF has a lot of N in it. I’ve gone 4-5 weeks in FFOF with ro only. :face:

:yeahthat: Like @2budz said less is more with a auto most of the time. Definitely when a new grower. Focus on your environment and dial that in first and the plants will reward you. Look into VPD if you haven’t already
I suggested grow big because it has no N and I know he’s itching to throw some nutes in their lol. But I do agree with everything you said.

I suggested grow big because it has no N and I know he’s itching to throw some nutes in their lol. But I do agree with everything you said.
Same here I agree with all you have said just trying help also. I may have miss typed or miss read I’m out on mobile right now. I think you meant big bloom which you are correct has little N in the but the grow big is 6-4-4. just to clear things up we’re both on the same page I think :d5:

Back