New Grower First grow and new to the network...

I used 75% of the trim from my first harvest for making butter and I wished I put the other 25% I ran through bubble bags in the butter too - it was AWESOME!! we made a batch of brownies for Christmas and a batch of cupcakes for New Years, will personally put all my popcorn and trim from now on in to butter/edibles. highly recommend

Awesome, thanks for the encouragement! So am I ok freezing the sugar leaves for later use, or should I make up the butter right away?
What a sight to behold!! :worship:

I hope you're considering packing in the day job!! :crying:
Ha ha! Eyewood that would be a dream come true.

I froze all mine in a big Tupperware box and made the butter 3 weeks later! we then split the batch in to two and kept half in the fridge for another two weeks before using. I weighed the frozen trim and made recipes based on the dry weight being one third of the wet weight, I think the ratio came out good, but possibly a tad on the strong side as a single cake destroyed a friend of mine.

I’m in a quandary. I had no plans for my sugar leaves, but now I see how thick they are with trichomes — I’m thinking edibles or rosin. Rosin would be too expensive for me to try out, although I love the idea. So I’m thinking edibles. Is there an edibles section on this forum with recipes? Am I right in thinking I can make canna butter and then anything that uses butter, substitute it in? Can I just put them wet into plastic bags in the freezer, or do I dry them first?
Get some inexpensive Bubble Bags and make kief then hashish. You can use the kief in edibles if you want but the hash is so yummy.

I froze all mine in a big Tupperware box and made the butter 3 weeks later! we then split the batch in to two and kept half in the fridge for another two weeks before using. I weighed the frozen trim and made recipes based on the dry weight being one third of the wet weight, I think the ratio came out good, but possibly a tad on the strong side as a single cake destroyed a friend of mine.

Love it! I like the idea of ingesting it without smoking anything.
Get some inexpensive Bubble Bags and make kief then hashish. You can use the kief in edibles if you want but the hash is so yummy.
I’d love to try that at some point. Can I freeze the trim for later?

I’m in a quandary. I had no plans for my sugar leaves, but now I see how thick they are with trichomes — I’m thinking edibles or rosin. Rosin would be too expensive for me to try out, although I love the idea. So I’m thinking edibles. Is there an edibles section on this forum with recipes? Am I right in thinking I can make canna butter and then anything that uses butter, substitute it in? Can I just put them wet into plastic bags in the freezer, or do I dry them first?
I'd get some bubble bags and make some hash. It's cheap, easy and pretty fun! Great use of low buds and trim. Best to keep it fresh and freeze it. The cold will help the resin glands separate from the plant material. There are plenty of videos on youtube. You just need the bags, a cheap hand mixer, some 5g buckets and shit ton of ice.

I really dislike home made edibles as the dosage is impossible to control but that's a pretty easy way to use anything you'd rather not smoke as well. Obviously there's lots of people who don't mind them. I know I'm in the minority with this.

There's something really magical about making hash and pressing it yourself though.

I'd get some bubble bags and make some hash. It's cheap, easy and pretty fun! Great use of low buds and trim. Best to keep it fresh and freeze it. The cold will help the resin glands separate from the plant material. There are plenty of videos on youtube. You just need the bags, a cheap hand mixer, some 5g buckets and shit ton of ice.

I really dislike home made edibles as the dosage is impossible to control but that's a pretty easy way to use anything you'd rather not smoke as well. Obviously there's lots of people who don't mind them. I know I'm in the minority with this.

There's something really magical about making hash and pressing it yourself though.
And as far as rosin goes, you only really want to be using mid to high grade buds anyway.

And as far as rosin goes, you only really want to be using mid to high grade buds anyway.

I’ll definitely try the hash at some point. But I like the stealth of edibles. I’ve tried them and I like them. I’m getting excited for this now. I’ll have to track down some recipes and do a little research because I don’t know how to estimate the dose either.

I’ll definitely try the hash at some point. But I like the stealth of edibles. I’ve tried them and I like them. I’m getting excited for this now. I’ll have to track down some recipes and do a little research because I don’t know how to estimate the dose either.
Oh I like edibles! I just don't like the ones i've made or the ones any friends have ever made. They're almost always way too strong. If i do use 'edibles' i prefer to just eat a bit of canna coco butter. It's the baking process that really messes with the dose and I've never really felt like eating a brownie over a cracker with some butter on adds enough to the experience to warrant the risk. In a home environment it's just not possible to ensure even distribution in my experience and edibles leave such a small margin of error for me. It doesn't take a lot to ruin an evening.

As I said, I know I'm probably in the minority on this subject!

Oh I like edibles! I just don't like the ones i've made or the ones any friends have ever made. They're almost always way too strong. If i do use 'edibles' i prefer to just eat a bit of canna coco butter. It's the baking process that really messes with the dose and I've never really felt like eating a brownie over a cracker with some butter on adds enough to the experience to warrant the risk. In a home environment it's just not possible to ensure even distribution in my experience and edibles leave such a small margin of error for me. It doesn't take a lot to ruin an evening.

As I said, I know I'm probably in the minority on this subject!
Well you’ve brought up a good point that I’ll need to consider. I’ll be paying close attention to ways people try to improve dose consistency when I do more research.

I ate some dispensary cupcakes last night and woke up still stoned this morning. :cooldance:

I plan to make cannapills. I like the long lasting effects of ingested cannabis for nighttime but I don't care for the taste.

I saw a video for making infused coconut oil and they used a few drops of something to evenly disburse the thc for equal dosing. I can't remember what they used though. Maybe because I woke up stoned. :rofl:

Back