New Grower First grow and new to the network...

I use it, really like how it helps! Seems to boost young plants into some vigorous growth
I love it too. It’s hard for me to gauge, this being my first grow, but it seems to be cheap insurance against nutrient problems, and no chance for nute burn. There is no downside. I’ve been spraying every other day, and the day after I spray they seem to stand at attention. Win win. And really, not that expensive.

Interesting. Can you folks tell me more about that? Insurance against nute issues? What exactly would it do in those cases when the plant is getting too much or too little of something through normal feeding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Ok it won’t help if you put too many nutes in the reservoir. I’m not sure I can explain it any better. It’s for maximum growth, deficiency prevention, pest/mold issues. It’s a favorite for pre-flowering.

Here are some search results that may be more helpful. Sorry I can’t be more specific.

https://www.autoflower.org/search/9917621/?q=Optic+foliar&t=post&o=date&c[title_only]=1

Check this thread out, the guy used optic foliar only through the whole grow:

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/pops-super-secret-optic-foliar-grow.57434/

Last edited:
Thanks DG. I am going to resist the urge to try it right now. Thankfully, I haven't had any nute issues, or pest/mold, and just don't want to complicate the equation by mixing too many things. I forgot what @manogreen calls it. Gonna keep it simple as possible! Sounds like good stuff though.

Thanks DG. I am going to resist the urge to try it right now. Thankfully, I haven't had any nute issues, or pest/mold, and just don't want to complicate the equation by mixing too many things. I forgot what @manogreen calls it. Gonna keep it simple as possible! Sounds like good stuff though.

Hey I get it, believe me. I admire your restraint. It can be hard to resist the next new thing. Definitely try it at some point, especially with seedlings.

Ok here is my 2 cents; I have used and like foliar feeding. In hydro I can add anything I need and it is immediately available to the plant so it is not really needed. In a soil grow it is invaluable for correcting a deficiency. Like stated already it is a good insurance against mistakes but I think it is better to learn how to feed properly to begin with. That said in the second or third week of veg it adds a noticeable boost to almost all grow styles. I am just too lazy

I think it helps the plants leaf operate more efficiently and effectively in their daily processes. This in turn helps the plant to thrive. Not a miracle product but it is effective. I use it mainly in veg.

I think it helps the plants leaf operate more efficiently and effectively in their daily processes. This in turn helps the plant to thrive. Not a miracle product but it is effective. I use it mainly in veg.
It’s a keeper for sure. I’ll be buying another bottle when this one is empty.

I’m a little late to the conversation but I’ve not heard of mammoth P or the optic foliar before. Are they compatible with Advanced Nutrients products? I was gonna use fox farm line but have decided on AN instead so I don’t have to do any fiddling with ph. I’m gonna do some research today on them. I want to try to dip my toe into hydroponics next cycle and I have a 50 gal drum of expanded clay pebbles to use as medium so I’m trying to find the best product line to use in soil and/or leca pebbles. Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks.

Back