New Grower First auto run of the year!

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
My hay like harvest from earlier this year
Hey everyone!

I have a few grows under my belt, mainly photoperiods, but have grown an auto which was super stunted (my first ever plant last year). I have learned a lot from my past grows, so I am hoping this one yields better quality cannabis, as well as more of it! I am excited to get in on a grow journal from day 1 (or day 4 post germination in my case). I will list my setup with as much detail as possible, it's definitely not ideal, but it's what I have to work with.

Environment: Growing in a shed in my backyard. Temps were a major issue for my last grow, which is in curing jars. But the weather is changing so these plants will have a solid shot. I work from home most days so I will be leaving the shed doors wide open. I have an 8" inline fan which sits at the opening to bring in fresh air. I have a 16" hurricane fan to move air around, and a 4.5" axial fan mounted under one of the top shed vents to attempt to exhaust air. I will probably look at upgrading this to a larger fan. I have a Mars Hydro TS3000 which is good for a 5x5 in veg, and a 4x4 in flower. I should be good in that regard.

Here's what I'm growing! Hopefully someone around here has grown these and can give me some tips, or their review of the strains
2x Mephisto Toof Decay
2x Mephisto Northern Cheese Haze

Grow Medium: Mother Earth Coco Peat Blend - This will be my first run with this medium, prior to this I was using Fox Farms Coco Loco, but wanted to try something new.
Pots: They are in solo cups right now, but will be moving them to 3 gallon fabric bags. Should I stick with 3 gallon or just go to 5 gallons?
Nutrients: I use a local grow shops line of nutrients. This includes base veg nutes, smart tea, a body builder (silica product), and calmag. Once in flower, there's a base flower nute as well as an additional bloom booster, then last 3 weeks or so what they call Preposterous Phosphorus, which is just a big P booster

When I go out to the shed I will attach some pics to complete the first post of my grow journal

Last edited:
Looks like you're off to a good start. From what I've looked at, 5 gallon bags and 3 gallon bags are the about same diameter. So you'll have about the same amount of horizontal space around each plant either way. I'd go with 5 gallon.

I've heard great things about Mephisto. I'll be watching this

Looks like you're off to a good start. From what I've looked at, 5 gallon bags and 3 gallon bags are the about same diameter. So you'll have about the same amount of horizontal space around each plant either way. I'd go with 5 gallon.

I've heard great things about Mephisto. I'll be watching this
Good deal, I will go with 5 gallon bags. I've got some laying around so I will wash them out and re-use.

Stunted the crap outta the first auto I got to grow. Hot heavy soil. That was after 3 seeds killed! Mostly a success on second attempt til China light lost 100 watts of cob power. Outdoor now and indoor this winter. All this after 28 yrs of no growing...

Stunted the crap outta the first auto I got to grow. Hot heavy soil. That was after 3 seeds killed! Mostly a success on second attempt til China light lost 100 watts of cob power. Outdoor now and indoor this winter. All this after 28 yrs of no growing...
I grew an outdoor plant last year behind my garden, but the kids are older now and know what's up, so I keep it out of sight out of mind. Maybe one day it will become legal in my state and I can grow some outside again.

Good luck with your grow devil dog

I grew an outdoor plant last year behind my garden, but the kids are older now and know what's up, so I keep it out of sight out of mind. Maybe one day it will become legal in my state and I can grow some outside again.
Yeah NNY HERE. Maybe Cuomo will legalize it and recoup the millions lost from covid!

Here are my plants beginning of week 2

Attachments

• 20200830_092715.jpg
    20200830_092715.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 66
  • 20200830_092635.jpg
    20200830_092635.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 67
Looks nice. Bottom one looks especially big for just starting week 2.

Thank you! I just hope these are better than my last run. I need to transplant, but not sure when to do that for auto's. Any advice?

Back