Indoor First auto/indoor grow

Bubba kush

Attachments

• IMG_20160504_221511.jpg
    IMG_20160504_221511.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 76
Hey guys
The lost coast skunk that yellowed in the beginning and stayed slightly yellow is getting a little more yellow, as is the tallest Bubba Kush.
Gonna post pictures in a minute, but I'm thinking a Cal/mag problem? Might try dissolving some Epsom in water and putting a tiny bit of lime on top of the soil.... Or do you guys think I better buy Cal/mag?

Gonna try the epsom/lime tomorrow.

In other news, my new batch of auto seeds ought to be here Saturday. I'm gonna try two of each strain in Coco coir with GH flora nutes for now, and one of each in the super soil. I love the super soil, and I feel like I've found a really good blend, but the Coco coir's siren song is sucking me in haha I gotta try it. I transplanted one of my photos from its one gallon of supersoil smart pot into a Walmart bag of Coco.

Gonna clean up, smoke some Mickey's Kush cakebatter BHO, and lay down Next to ms evergreen. Goodnight guys.

:smoking: Hey Easter! I'm cruising through real quick here, so I'll drop notes as I go,....

>>> Si is fantastic stuff, does several good things... check this out-- https://www.autoflower.org/threads/link-to-silica-benefits.47356/

>> Ah! Big Bloom is good stuff, but if you look at the NKP#'s, you'll see it's super mild, talking decimal range here-- too mild to use as anything but a supplement (use it myself),...you got the rest of bloom nutes covered well though- :thumbsup:

>>> I'm not a soil builder my self, but there are many here who do, from scratch, or modified bag soils,.... I see no micronutrient mineral sources in the mix (like azomite, greensand, etc), so maybe consider getting a micronutrient supplement,.. Earth Juice Microblast is a good one, not loaded with bunch of other stuff.... these play a critical role in how other nutes are metabolized, function as catalysts, etc.,...

>> foliar feeding is a great way to supplement things, but it has to be at reduced conc., or you get the burn like you did! :doh:... you need a wetting agent/water spreader to do any foliar treatment properly, as well... treating for defc.'s, pest control, or feeding-- it all applies! This stuff takes the surface tension out of the solution, so it coats and sticks more evenly, instead of just beading up; access into the plant is via the stomata, most of which are on the undersides of the leaves, so top and bottom coverage is key-- more surface are covered = more absorbed!

>> great strain choices, and HSO is phaaaat! :headbang:

>>> Epsoms are MgSO4, no Ca, so it's good that you scored some dedicated Ca-Mg product... otherwise, epsoms are fine, readily absorbed, plus you get the S, which is often an overlooked secondary nute element, critical for protein synthesis, and the like, just as N is,...

>> lime sources vary-- Ag' lime, dolomite, oyster shell, etc,... all mostly if not entirely made of CaCO3 (minor amounts of MgCO3), play a big role in soil pH buffering, and nutrient release...but they all are not fast acting, certainly not enough for defc. treatment,... dolomite is the slowest by far, due to slightly different chemistry, so it's best as a longer term buffer and nute source (weeks to months for slow steady release)...

>> Coco is a very specialized medium, quite different from soil in many aspects, closer to DWC in others,.. if you go this route, research here and on the web thoroughly,... it has peculiar Cation Exchange capacities, which is why there are specific nutes made for it, to help make dealing with this easier,... it has excellent breathing properties, and requires less pot volume size to achieve fat plants, but nutrient management is very hands on when done in hand watered pots,... drip systems are a common method that works great,.. and check out the Autopot section just opened here, a gravity fed system that's totally KISS and done right works fantastically! ..check out Hansbrick's grows, our Autopot guru here,...
... buds look excellent bro'! :d5: -- nicely done :drool: ... it's clear you did your homework, and are working those skills up fast! :cheers: :slap:

:smoking: Hey Easter! I'm cruising through real quick here, so I'll drop notes as I go,....

>>> Si is fantastic stuff, does several good things... check this out-- https://www.autoflower.org/threads/link-to-silica-benefits.47356/

>> Ah! Big Bloom is good stuff, but if you look at the NKP#'s, you'll see it's super mild, talking decimal range here-- too mild to use as anything but a supplement (use it myself),...you got the rest of bloom nutes covered well though- :thumbsup:

>>> I'm not a soil builder my self, but there are many here who do, from scratch, or modified bag soils,.... I see no micronutrient mineral sources in the mix (like azomite, greensand, etc), so maybe consider getting a micronutrient supplement,.. Earth Juice Microblast is a good one, not loaded with bunch of other stuff.... these play a critical role in how other nutes are metabolized, function as catalysts, etc.,...

>> foliar feeding is a great way to supplement things, but it has to be at reduced conc., or you get the burn like you did! :doh:... you need a wetting agent/water spreader to do any foliar treatment properly, as well... treating for defc.'s, pest control, or feeding-- it all applies! This stuff takes the surface tension out of the solution, so it coats and sticks more evenly, instead of just beading up; access into the plant is via the stomata, most of which are on the undersides of the leaves, so top and bottom coverage is key-- more surface are covered = more absorbed!

>> great strain choices, and HSO is phaaaat! :headbang:

>>> Epsoms are MgSO4, no Ca, so it's good that you scored some dedicated Ca-Mg product... otherwise, epsoms are fine, readily absorbed, plus you get the S, which is often an overlooked secondary nute element, critical for protein synthesis, and the like, just as N is,...

>> lime sources vary-- Ag' lime, dolomite, oyster shell, etc,... all mostly if not entirely made of CaCO3 (minor amounts of MgCO3), play a big role in soil pH buffering, and nutrient release...but they all are not fast acting, certainly not enough for defc. treatment,... dolomite is the slowest by far, due to slightly different chemistry, so it's best as a longer term buffer and nute source (weeks to months for slow steady release)...

>> Coco is a very specialized medium, quite different from soil in many aspects, closer to DWC in others,.. if you go this route, research here and on the web thoroughly,... it has peculiar Cation Exchange capacities, which is why there are specific nutes made for it, to help make dealing with this easier,... it has excellent breathing properties, and requires less pot volume size to achieve fat plants, but nutrient management is very hands on when done in hand watered pots,... drip systems are a common method that works great,.. and check out the Autopot section just opened here, a gravity fed system that's totally KISS and done right works fantastically! ..check out Hansbrick's grows, our Autopot guru here,...
... buds look excellent bro'! :d5: -- nicely done :drool: ... it's clear you did your homework, and are working those skills up fast! :cheers: :slap:
very nice reply, so different than the soil and compost methods I use, learned a bunch, I knew someone with knowledge would show up, one of the things that makes this site so special, folks care

@Waira
You're awesome. Thank you so much for everything. You're already helping me up my game big time.

I saturated the plants with plain water last night, but I got caught up tending the baby and unfortunately wasn't able to take any measurements after the hour... Unless someone advises me otherwise, I'm going to have to add a bit more water and try to get a pH on em when I get in from haulin lobster traps.

Have a good day everyone!

Have a great day everybody

I guess that just posted now...

Well I made it home, if anyone was wondering. Gonna try and get some pH readings churned out stat!

I'll update all you Ambassadors of Autoflowers soon as I am physically able

Hey guys
If you didn't see my deficiency thread, I PhD some soil and got about 7.3 on all the plants with leaf necrosis. Gave all with the possible def. A 2 ml dose of Cal/mag. And im gonna give em sone feather meal next feeding. See if a little N boost does anything for em. Hopefully that'll take care of it all.

I've also become obsessed with Coco coir haha. I am determined to switch to Coco indoors and save the supersoil for outdoors.
I'm gonna be using Flora Nova Bloom alongside Cal/mag for the entire grow using growpotcheaply.com's feeding chart.
OH!!!!
My seeds came today!
3 Bubba cheese auto seeds and 3 lemon juice express autos. H.S.O. sent em in a classier tiny vial this time. For freebies we got 3 fem bubbs gift from h.S.o. and 3 reg Dank mixed fruit freebies from a diff breeder.

IM SO EXCITED! I might just need to start at least 2 tonight. Gonna do at least 4/6 in Coco and the other two in supersoil just to compare and play it safe

:toke: you're welcome bud!... So, looking at the Infirmary info, after doing the r-o test (not mine at all mate, picked up from another source; I hate this method, and use an Accurate 8 pH probe), you got 7.3 pH :confused1: -- I forgot to ask, how are you testing the pH, with a pH meter, or a liquid test kit? ...you did the calculation part too? what was your water pH going in, and the r-o coming out?... at 7.3 , only Fe is locked out, Ca and Mg are fine, so is P,.. which is what was affecting your plants most likely, I believe,... Until I know how you took pH (drop kits are subject to error sources too), and confirm your water and r-o pH's, can't say what the next step is,.. I don't want you to keep saturating the soil either, that a no-no as well!

@Waira

My waters pH was 6.7 and the run off I collected was 7. I have an analog rapitest mini pH meter. Not sure of its efficacy, but I got about 7 for the soil and then i tested it on a plant in coco and it was closer to 5.5, so maybe it does work, somewhat. I use the dropper kit as my main method until I can afford a more accurate probe. I checked multiple plants, and got almost the exact same pH on all I tested.

I know not to oversaturate with water, I just saturated before the test then to run off to test for pH. I gave em the Cal/mag with just a couple ozs of water so as not to oversaturate. Thank you for looking out for me though.

I'm gonna give em a hefty dose of PK when they're ready to take it. Seems strange they'd be lacking P, as I've been giving multiple Bloom nutes with a decent amount of P. But hey, youd know better than me. I'm still pretty green (haha)

I owe you one waira. If you ever find yourself in downeast Maine youll have a lobster dinner and some top shelf hash waiting for ya

Back