New Grower Finally, my first Mephisto - 24 Carat

Thanks Jumper again for the advise. That's why my EC is high, I keep thinking that I didn't give much A&B, how could it possible. I don't use silicon, which one do you use? I only use Rhizotonic for the first 2 weeks, then I stopped. I will try the fungus in my next coco grow.

I use Buddahs Tree Silicon. Every feed till flush. Sillcon like Calcium aids with nutrient uptake at a cellular level - so I believe.

I use Rhizo through to week 2 - 3 of flower. It is cheap - why not. The roots are the name of the game!!! Well it is at my levels :)

Drop the cal/mag and you will be good. Praying you want. Tacoing you don't!

Temp wise ... I am happy up to 30C. That is when the fan kicks in. The tent now runs 28 avg. I keep the drop to 3c over 24hr.

Weed I have seen grown in Jamaica or Thaialnd or even Spain or Portugal is much warmer climates.

Last edited:
Day 24 now and she has entered into pre-flower, a few pistils show up. Feed is about EC 1,ph 5.8.

Day 21 (1).jpg
Day 22.jpg
Day 23 (1).jpg
Day 23 (2).jpg
Day 24 (1).jpg
Day 24 (2).jpg

Think you are burning her - looks like early tip burn. Also looks like cal/mag early issues as a result. Give her a flush. The variation in the leaves is a clue IMO.

Back down to 0.8/0.7. Maybe 0.5 until light green leaves reappear. My Fugue is day 36 and cannot go above 0.55... read the leaves !!!! Any slight blip / discolouration / curl .. I get worried

HBBS, day 26 0.7 and a hungry hog ... but if you look at my diary light green leaves on newest leaves.

Why 1,0? Is your base 0.5? What makes up 1lt? 1.0 EC is hot .. if your base is crazy .. get a RO unit for the 80 bucks.... these girls are worth kkks!!!!! I love RO so simple to get what the manual says! My base from tap is 0.8 lol!!!

Flushing now will accelerate, not, slow growth

Edit : the last photo would suggest a lockout with browning to follow :-( hope I am wrong....

Edit edit : I have edited this so many times - hope it makes sense. Suffering from Gwk ;-)

Last edited:
Day 25,26 - She is growing vigorously, not big but I can tell she is doing very well. If you are reading this, please cross your fingers for me :biggrin: Feed EC 1- 1.2, ph 5.8, light is about 45cm.

Day 25 (1).jpg
Day 25 (2).jpg
day 26 (1).jpg
day 26 (2).jpg

Think you are burning her - looks like early tip burn. Also looks like cal/mag early issues as a result. Give her a flush. The variation in the leaves is a clue IMO.

Back down to 0.8/0.7. Maybe 0.5 until light green leaves reappear. My Fugue is day 36 and cannot go above 0.55... read the leaves !!!! Any slight blip / discolouration / curl .. I get worried

HBBS, day 26 0.7 and a hungry hog ... but if you look at my diary light green leaves on newest leaves.

Why 1,0? Is your base 0.5? What makes up 1lt? 1.0 EC is hot .. if your base is crazy .. get a RO unit for the 80 bucks.... these girls are worth kkks!!!!! I love RO so simple to get what the manual says! My base from tap is 0.8 lol!!!

Flushing now will accelerate, not, slow growth

Edit : the last photo would suggest a lockout with browning to follow :-( hope I am wrong....

Edit edit : I have edited this so many times - hope it makes sense. Suffering from Gwk ;-)
You scare me now!! But it is appreciated as usual for your comment :biggrin: I think the photos aren't too good and the colour look slightly different, they all look healthy green with my eyes (hope I am right,lol). My base water is EC 0.25, A&B 0.5ml/l, then top with CalMag. She doesn't seem to have discolouration, I will leave her be and cry out for help if it doesn't go well :biggrin:

Your plant looks fine, growing canna does not have to be a science project. Not that there is anything wrong with attention to detail, but growing should not cause stress it should alleviate it.

I neglect the hell out of my plants, I fill the autopot reservoir with megacrop I measured by eyeball then I might leave for a week or two at a time. The plants look like hell but I still get a gram/watt of flavorful potent bud.

I am curious about your 1L pot though, why such a small container? It looks like you have room for a bigger pot, which has as much to do with the final product as anything.

I'm jealous of your 24K, it's a strain I've always wanted to grow and your looks lovely.

Your plant looks fine, growing canna does not have to be a science project. Not that there is anything wrong with attention to detail, but growing should not cause stress it should alleviate it.

I neglect the hell out of my plants, I fill the autopot reservoir with megacrop I measured by eyeball then I might leave for a week or two at a time. The plants look like hell but I still get a gram/watt of flavorful potent bud.

I am curious about your 1L pot though, why such a small container? It looks like you have room for a bigger pot, which has as much to do with the final product as anything.

I'm jealous of your 24K, it's a strain I've always wanted to grow and your looks lovely.
Thanks for dropping by!!! It is in a 10L fabric pot, just measure the nutes per litre. I totally agree with what you have said, especially it is for personal joy and meds but I am so new to it (first ever plant turned out great, second one was a disaster,lol), this is my third grow (2 plants at the same time), I am glad to be able to get advise and tips from other more experience growers. I will watch and learn, then adjust as needed. When I first started it, I told myself that at the end of the day, it is weed, shouldn't be too hard,lol

Now I am addicted to the growing and hope each plant will improve from the previous one and produce a decent yields so I don't have to worry about the meds for husband.

I did look through your grow and your Purple Nugget is gorgeous!!! There are so many strains I want to try!!! I like stocky and short plants, the 24K is perfect and touch wood, she is doing so well, I am pleased with her and impressed with Mephisto.

Thanks for dropping by!!! It is in a 10L fabric pot, just measure the nutes per litre. I totally agree with what you have said, especially it is for personal joy and meds but I am so new to it (first ever plant turned out great, second one was a disaster,lol), this is my third grow (2 plants at the same time), I am glad to be able to get advise and tips from other more experience growers. I will watch and learn, then adjust as needed. When I first started it, I told myself that at the end of the day, it is weed, shouldn't be too hard,lol

Now I am addicted to the growing and hope each plant will improve from the previous one and produce a decent yields so I don't have to worry about the meds for husband.

I did look through your grow and your Purple Nugget is gorgeous!!! There are so many strains I want to try!!! I like stocky and short plants, the 24K is perfect and touch wood, she is doing so well, I am pleased with her and impressed with Mephisto.

You are doing great. I lol'd at the purple nugget compliment - it was a deliberately stunted plant that I pollinated for seeds. I had no expectations that it would be any good - but she did turn into a cute lil budsicle. After couple of BX, I'll have purple nugget seeds forever (hopefully).

Jumper is a good grower, he'll teach you well. Just don't take it too seriously, perfection is a harsh mistress.

24k high in my list to run this fall. Watching closely
Looking good
:vibes:

You are doing great. I lol'd at the purple nugget compliment - it was a deliberately stunted plant that I pollinated for seeds. I had no expectations that it would be any good - but she did turn into a cute lil budsicle. After couple of BX, I'll have purple nugget seeds forever (hopefully).

Jumper is a good grower, he'll teach you well. Just don't take it too seriously, perfection is a harsh mistress.
lol, purple is my favorite colour and buds/leaves with purple, it is heaven for me. One day, I will learn the pollination/cloning, but now, I enjoy the learning part to watch them grow (or I am just too lazy,lol).

Jumper's grows are great and that's why I keep bothering him,lol

Back