New Grower Finally, my first Mephisto - 24 Carat

End of the first week, she is doing well. Fed 300ml, pH 5.8, 300 ppm. Light distance is 60 cm. Topped with more coco on day 7.

Day 6.jpg
Day 7.jpg

Day 8 - 11 - She is looking good, hope she will keep on this way. Feed 300ml, 350ppm, pH 5.8, light is 60cm.

Day 8.jpg
Day 9.jpg
Day 10.jpg

Day 11.jpg

Day 12 - 16 - She has been fed lightly, Canna A&B 0.3, CalMag 2ml/L with base water EC 0.2, around 300ml daily. Touch wood, no problem yet, hope to keep this way.

Day 12.jpg

Day 13.jpg
Day 14.jpg

Day 15.jpg
Day 16.jpg

Day 17 - 19 - She is short but healthy, topped her on day 19 on the 4th node which was last night. I woke up and checked on her this morning, she is looking good, seems to take the topping fine. Up the nutes a little, Canna A&B 0.4ml/L, CalMag 2ml/l with EC 0.2 base water. pH 5.8, EC 1.3.

@jumper114 I try to follow your advise to keep the nutes down, but with Canna A&B 0.4ml/L, CalMag 2ml/l with EC 0.2 base water, the EC is 1.3, think it is too high for your standard?

Day 17
Day 17.jpg

Day 18
Day 18 (1).jpg

Day 18 (2).jpg

Day 19
Day 19 (1).jpg

Day 19 (2).jpg

Your extra is in the cal/mag. Whacks EC up due to what it is.

She looks fine so stay where you are :)

I use cal/mag to raise base by 0.3EC. I don’t follow the dosage instructions.

I read the darkness of the leaves to adjust a+b. Your current green level I consider perfect for this stage :)

My only concern would be salt build up in the medium term - worth checking your run off EC.

If I see a cal/mag deficiency - normally in flower - I boost by 0.1 wait a day and repeat. Much prefer to add than deal with removal :)

Are you using silicon? I see a massive difference using it. Make sure it goes in your feed first. It massively thickens branches. 2.5ml / l

I also use rhyzo by canna - no EC rise and pushes root development. I only use at 1ml/l

Mykos fungus into the coco to start with also helps through the plants short life

Last edited:
Your extra is in the cal/mag. Whacks EC up due to what it is.

She looks fine so stay where you are :)

I use cal/mag to raise base by 0.3EC. I don’t follow the dosage instructions.

I read the darkness of the leaves to adjust a+b. Your current green level I consider perfect for this stage :)

My only concern would be salt build up in the medium term - worth checking your run off EC.

If I see a cal/mag deficiency - normally in flower - I boost by 0.1 wait a day and repeat. Much prefer to add than deal with removal :)

Are you using silicon? I see a massive difference using it. Make sure it goes in your feed first. It massively thickens branches. 2.5ml / l

I also use rhyzo by canna - no EC rise and pushes root development. I only use at 1ml/l

Mykos fungus into the coco to start with also helps through the plants short life

Thanks Jumper again for the advise. That's why my EC is high, I keep thinking that I didn't give much A&B, how could it possible. I don't use silicon, which one do you use? I only use Rhizotonic for the first 2 weeks, then I stopped. I will try the fungus in my next coco grow.

Day 20 - She seems fine and doesn't bother by the topping yesterday. A little leave edges curling but leaves still looking good, no light burnt spot. RH is between 45 - 65%, mostly stay on 56%, temperature is between 22C to 28C. During the afternoon, tent can get a bit hot for about 28C for couple hours but mainly stays on 25C.

Day 20 (1).jpg

Day 20 (2).jpg

The tacoing is an early indicator of hot nutes IMO.

Back