Feed After Flushing?

Reaction score
Hi
I didn't know I had to water to runoff with AN, so I 've decided to flush my girls. I ran 34 liters through each of them today. They are in 11 liter pots.

I just want to know when I should feed them again? I am using the Advanced Nutrients 3 part PH Perfect range. Voodoo Juice, B-52 & AN flowering nutes

They are on day 26 since breaking soil

I really appreciate any help. I've searched & cant find a definitive answer.
IMG_20220826_214724134_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220826_214720280_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
I am wondering why you decided to do that?
They basically look completely healthy.
I would feed them again right away since it doesn’t look like they needed to be flushed in the first place.

I am wondering why you decided to do that?
They basically look completely healthy.
I would feed them again right away since it doesn’t look like they needed to be flushed in the first place.
Thanks for the reply.
I thought they looked too dark & they were going to have a nitrogen problem. Also, I have been chatting to AN support & they saw them & said I should flush them. It's my first time growing & I didnt know I should of been watering until I see runoff.

Huh, I have interacted with many of the moderators and staff on this site and I am surprised any of them would have given you that advice for plants that look that healthy.

They might be slightly green from a little too much nitrogen but flushing 3x the volume of your pot is a pretty extreme solution for very minor overfeeding. Giving plain water for 2-3 waterings would have been a prudent response but flushing 3x is an extreme response. You might do that to rescue a plant dying from overfeeding, but not for a healthy plant that is slightly too green.

Huh, I have interacted with many of the moderators and staff on this site and I am surprised any of them would have given you that advice for plants that look that healthy.

They might be slightly green from a little too much nitrogen but flushing 3x the volume of your pot is a pretty extreme solution for very minor overfeeding. Giving plain water for 2-3 waterings would have been a prudent response but flushing 3x is an extreme response. You might do that to rescue a plant dying from overfeeding, but not for a healthy plant that is slightly too green.
I don't think it's over feeding. I was only feeding them 2ml of Micro Grow & Bloom every 2/3 days. As I said, I didn't know you had to water until runoff to clear salt build up. I havent done that even once. I have a feeling I would of had problems in the long run.
Again, thanks for your reply, but I need advice about when to feed them again!

Are you growing in coco or soil?

Reactions: JP1
Flushing soil creates all sorts of new problems. If it was coco, then flushing would be fine. You don't want runoff in soil... The solution would have been to just give it plain, ph'd water a couple times between feedings. But now, I'd let the pots dry out pretty well, then feed and give them some recharge

Flushing soil creates all sorts of new problems. If it was coco, then flushing would be fine. You don't want runoff in soil... The solution would have been to just give it plain, ph'd water a couple times between feedings. But now, I'd let the pots dry out pretty well, then feed and give them some recharge
You mean with something like this: Ecothrive Charge Soil conditioner

Attachments

• 76561f45d5eacf48cca2206a73417e92.jpg
    76561f45d5eacf48cca2206a73417e92.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 11
Back