New Grower Fast buds Lemon AK x 4

Reaction score
Greetings all x
I'm running 4 x Lemon AK from fast buds this round. Set up is similar to the last run and is outlined below.

Tent: 70 x 70 x 150 (cm) BlackOrchid ‘Hydro-box’.

Light: Invisible Sun ISH 240H (240watt) With ‘R-Strip’ (60watt) - 300watts total but I have the dimmer on the main light dipped down so total draw from the wall is roughly 200watt… It was too hot in my little tent to run at full power during summer but I might be able to crank it up a bit toward the end of flower this run.

4inch fan/filter
4inch active air intake

Inkbird humidity controller
I might add an inkbird temp' controller & heat tube as we get into Autumn. they're just sat in the amazon basket at the moment

2 x 5inch fan. One for the canopy, one above the lights.

Genetics:
Lemon AK from Fastbuds.

Media:
As I did last round, I’m running 2 different soils this time.

2 will go in my ‘usual blend’ which is 70/30 mix biobizz light to Canna Coco Coir on the top and 70/30 BatSpecial from House & Garden/Canna Coco Coir for the bottom layer. Both the top & bottom layers have had Eco Charge (insect frass with light N-P-K) mixed through.
& 2 will go in 70/30 Biobizz light/Canna Coco Coir with Eco Charge mixed through. No “top & bottom” layer, Just the same soil mix throughout.

all 4 will go in 15L/4gal fabric pots.

Nutrients:
Predominately BioBizz inputs:
Grow
Bloom
Top max (while it lasts)
Acti-vera
Alga-mic
Heaven

My root juice is from Plant Magic.
Cal/Mag from TNC

Also, weekly doses of “Real Growers Re-charge”, A Fungal/microbial inoculant.

Soils were pre soaked & left under the lights to warm up for 24hrs before planting. Meanwhile, seeds were left soaking .

beans were fully up after 4 days :)
20200822_131133.jpg

sharing the tent with the last Orange Sherbert from the previous run.
20200828_202834.jpg

Attachments

• 20200828_202834.jpg
    20200828_202834.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 16
Greetings all x
I'm running 4 x Lemon AK from fast buds this round. Set up is similar to the last run and is outlined below.

Tent: 70 x 70 x 150 (cm) BlackOrchid ‘Hydro-box’.

Light: Invisible Sun ISH 240H (240watt) With ‘R-Strip’ (60watt) - 300watts total but I have the dimmer on the main light dipped down so total draw from the wall is roughly 200watt… It was too hot in my little tent to run at full power during summer but I might be able to crank it up a bit toward the end of flower this run.

4inch fan/filter
4inch active air intake

Inkbird humidity controller
I might add an inkbird temp' controller & heat tube as we get into Autumn. they're just sat in the amazon basket at the moment

2 x 5inch fan. One for the canopy, one above the lights.

Genetics:
Lemon AK from Fastbuds.

Media:
As I did last round, I’m running 2 different soils this time.

2 will go in my ‘usual blend’ which is 70/30 mix biobizz light to Canna Coco Coir on the top and 70/30 BatSpecial from House & Garden/Canna Coco Coir for the bottom layer. Both the top & bottom layers have had Eco Charge (insect frass with light N-P-K) mixed through.
& 2 will go in 70/30 Biobizz light/Canna Coco Coir with Eco Charge mixed through. No “top & bottom” layer, Just the same soil mix throughout.

all 4 will go in 15L/4gal fabric pots.

Nutrients:
Predominately BioBizz inputs:
Grow
Bloom
Top max (while it lasts)
Acti-vera
Alga-mic
Heaven

My root juice is from Plant Magic.
Cal/Mag from TNC

Also, weekly doses of “Real Growers Re-charge”, A Fungal/microbial inoculant.

Soils were pre soaked & left under the lights to warm up for 24hrs before planting. Meanwhile, seeds were left soaking .

beans were fully up after 4 days :)
View attachment 1228782
sharing the tent with the last Orange Sherbert from the previous run.
View attachment 1228781
Sweet man I'm subbed

I havent seen a mix like this before with the layers. How does this benefit the plant?

I havent seen a mix like this before with the layers. How does this benefit the plant?
thanks for stopping by @IronGiant
i think it's a reasonably common practice... The top layer is a light, nutrient free medium, ideal for young seedlings and as the plant matures it will have access to a more nutrient rich environment in the bottom layer.
i came across it when doing all my "pre grow" research. the idea being that you cut down on inputs throughout the grow as there's already some present in the bottom layer. in practice however, It seems to be more faf than it's worth.
it's something I'm sure I will phase out & just use the biobizz light blend but I still had a bag of house & garden at the start of this run so thought I'd run a comparison with 4 of the same strain.

I use a similar style and have great results I've tried coco and soil with bottle nutes but organics produce a better flavor and quality and yields were not less so I've stuck with it I'm also able to chop the plant @ harvest and plant a seedling directly into the same soil and no flushing ect needed and I topdress 2x absolutely the easiest way to grow no ph'ing water so I doubt u will move on I will say roots organic terp teas and the uprisings line are basically all I use and so far I've needed 0 calmag or other inputs it's taken 4yrs of playing around with mediums and nutes to find something that's good luckily I also found this to be cheaper so it was a win win for me. Keep experimenting with 1 pot per grow to try new things they may just surprise u and if you want the exact combo I use lmk it's no problem at all and I am excited to see how ur ladies progress I like fastbuds so I want to see there rendition of this strain.

@Fitzy I think TLO is the direction i will eventually go when I've got the space. I've just jarred up my 4th grow & it's the first run I've done where I've pulled more than 1oz of highgrade per plant. i feel like the method I'm running now is just starting to pay off so dont want to change anything too drastic for the time being, just tweak what I'm doing to increase quality & yield. once I can sneak another tent in the house, then I'll be ready to give TLO a proper go!

end of week 1
greetings all x
not much to report this early on really.
the girls seem to be happy where they are...
bags are still heavy from the pre soak so haven't given them anything so far.
think they'll each be getting 300ml tomorrow morning for their first feed.
seedlings are all about 8cm (3inch)
temps have been around 26c lights on & 21c lights off.
humidity sits around 65%.
20200903_052635.jpg
20200903_052649.jpg

stay green out there, peeps!

end of week 2
all seems OK.
the girls in the Bat Special blend are clearly starting to pull ahead at this point. they haven't progressed further in the amount of nodes they have, they're just bigger, stronger, beefier.

the girls in the biobizz light blend got a tiny dose of Grow yesterday with their regular feed as they looked a little anaemic next to the others.
they also seem to have a slight variegation to the leaves... could they need a dose of cal/mag so early on? my feed schedule call to start adding cal/mag at .3ml/L from this week.

I will be topping all of these following the @autobeast method but at day 15, they definitely aren't ready yet.

20200910_064824.jpg

leaf "variegation" on one of the girls in the light blend.
20200910_064945.jpg

Stay green out there, peeps x

Last edited:
Back