Status
Not open for further replies.
@Fast Buds Heather
Into the home pots :thumbsup:
Purple punch, Strawberry banana
20210608_124413_HDR.jpg
20210608_124418_HDR.jpg

:bighug::toke::pass:

Anyone grown the FastBuds lemon pie auto? Thoughts/reviews?

I've seen a lot of people growing this with amazing results in terms of yield.

I grown the strawberry pie auto in soil and had some problems with her. She turned out real dense though.

I'd love to give her another run in coco. I'm growing the biggest and best plants I've ever done since using coco and getting it dialed in.

I was a bit sceptical of fastbud strains if I'm honest. Because I grew a northern lights from there, and it ended up flowering within like two weeks and remained small. But very dense buds. The same happened with strawberry pie.

But, i have came to the conclusion that those remained small from the way I was growing them. Since using coco, i have learned a lot and I believe I am to blame for having trouble with those two seeds.

All my skepticism has disappeared since growing Forbidden Runtz Auto in coco. I defoliated and lollipopped her yesterday and she has filled back in already. Tremendous genetics in her. That's all i can say. She is truly a gift that just keeps on giving!

I am really excited to give lemon pie a run, and strawberry pie another.

I will be trying many of their seeds again very soon. Mostly their most recent genetics.

This is my big girl after I lollipopped and defoliated. Look at the big gaps in her.

20210608_184155.jpg

This is her one day later:
20210609_150235.jpg

She is growing in a 2x4 with a few other girls I got going.

Update 3
week 5
@Mañ'O'Green
@Fast Buds Heather

we’ve hit week 5 and both plants are just doing the thing.
the shape/structure is radically different between straw ban and mim cake but as far as development they are basically in the exact same spot.
spitting pistils and starting to stretch, both are taking their sweet time thru veg and I’m okay with that.
Anywho, the reason for an official update today....I supercropped the funk out of strawberry banana yesterday. Basically built a flat canopy from scratch.
If you’ve been following along she’s the tall gangly one. Well, not quite as tall today lol.
may not look like it but there is a loose plan of attack and so far it’s on track as well as can be I’m supposing.
mim cake is beautiful and my bae, and I would have dropped another 1-2 seeds of it if I had any left lol.
Daily Feed has been upped to 1tsp/gal megacrop and epsom and both gals did get a good soaking with recharge before the training sesh yesterday.
next step is to move them into the big tent with some lights that freaking work lol.
catch ya with the next update later!
162ABC8C-CFA6-4515-828C-E3E11A05EBCC.jpeg
D3A42098-7D96-4548-91C8-D87F4BA36120.jpeg
8C8ED477-CCB2-467D-B214-CB605A8F83CE.jpeg
E8B1A91B-3297-43A7-A12D-FF05CD22D0F9.jpeg
86318456-B509-4529-A79F-23F34C5E78AB.jpeg
AD35D497-6A42-4F4E-AA7B-4DC0CC0416E9.jpeg
0A13428F-6901-4FF3-84B2-0D837D9F90BC.jpeg

I need to get in there and clean up the couple of yellowed leaves but the top growth is nice and healthy. As these girls are apparently determined to blast right into flower I will switch to bloom nutrients in two days.

They're going to be some short FAST girls. Curious if this is normal or if maybe the shock from the LST clip experiment forced them into flower early. Any thoughts?

I really like the clips (I purchased these because I was too impatient to get them into this grow while tweaking a model for print) but think they have too much of a curve to them and that I need to print a set that's closer to 90 degrees. It was basically supercropping and then fitting the clips to hold the curve.

I need to get in there and clean up the couple of yellowed leaves but the top growth is nice and healthy. As these girls are apparently determined to blast right into flower I will switch to bloom nutrients in two days.

They're going to be some short FAST girls. Curious if this is normal or if maybe the shock from the LST clip experiment forced them into flower early. Any thoughts?

I really like the clips (I purchased these because I was too impatient to get them into this grow while tweaking a model for print) but think they have too much of a curve to them and that I need to print a set that's closer to 90 degrees. It was basically supercropping and then fitting the clips to hold the curve.

Are u using plant bends? I was gonna use them but decided just to LST as I normally would. Them flowering early is saddening if you want a big yield. How soon into their life did you start lst? How big are the pots? What's your environment and feeding? The soil etc. All these factors are what can determine how they flowered early. Including your choice of light.

Hope they yield well for you bro

Early Flower
:thumbsup: As Fred Flintstone would would say.............YABA DABA DOO!. every plant is fine.
Purple Punch day 21. Strawberry Banana day 39. Starting full bloom feeding.
DSC_0956.JPG
DSC_0957.JPG
DSC_0958.JPG
DSC_0959.JPG
DSC_0960.JPG
DSC_0961.JPG
DSC_0967.JPG
DSC_0968.JPG
And don't make fun of my baggy Pajamas. and colorful socks.:cuss::biggrin: they fit my baggy old body well. :bighug:

Are u using plant bends? I was gonna use them but decided just to LST as I normally would. Them flowering early is saddening if you want a big yield. How soon into their life did you start lst? How big are the pots? What's your environment and feeding? The soil etc. All these factors are what can determine how they flowered early. Including your choice of light.

Hope they yield well for you bro

They're running in 1g floraflex pots, in Char Coco. I topped at 3rd, and started LST last week. I'm less concerned with yield than quality, but I usually bring up pretty decent size and yield plants in these. 74f and 50% RH, feeding 8x a day on dip DTW.

First time testing out the LST clips so wondering if thats a factor. Be interesting too to see if these stretch and how much. Might add in a but more red light tomorrow.

They're running in 1g floraflex pots, in Char Coco. I topped at 3rd, and started LST last week. I'm less concerned with yield than quality, but I usually bring up pretty decent size and yield plants in these. 74f and 50% RH, feeding 8x a day on dip DTW.

First time testing out the LST clips so wondering if thats a factor. Be interesting too to see if these stretch and how much. Might add in a but more red light tomorrow.

It could be the topping. It does major stress them and it does work. But I've honestly found just LST doing the same thing, but with less stress. If you keep on top of pulling the bigger branches down and keeping them at the same level, those smaller branches will get more light and they will grow up to be the size of the bigger ones you pulled down. Thus, giving you more top colas without the topping.

If you are gonna top though, from my experience your plant needs to be growing at a fast rate and healthy/strong. Some plants do well with it, a lot don't. Its all about being able to tell when the plant is big and healthy enough.

I've topped two before when they weren't major healthy and thriving and it sent them into flower within a week tops.

I'm not using autopots or that, its something I will try in the future. But, i prefer to feed once or twice a day. I'm not sure how your system is setup, and I've yet to try those kinda autopot systems. But it may be that you are feeding them too much a day and they don't like it. I can't say for sure ofc. The smallest of things matter when it comes to keeping them in veg longer.

But, my opinion is that the topping was done a little too early and its stressed them too much bro.

Autoflowers are weird plants for sure. I use to train mine within two-three weeks and some did well, most flowered earlier than the others I trained around mid three week to four weeks old. I tend to train based on how the plant looks to me and how strong it seems to be, not by the age. I like to wait until they're a bit older before I start training them. Because they can cope with stress better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back