Indoor Eye Likes Pot

And so am I!! I'm also against topping. But I wont hijack her thread lol

Are the calyxes swelling? I doubt it. But when they start to swell is when I check the trichs.

Exactly. No offense to anyone as everyone has different tastes... But the plant will continue to throw white hairs until it dies. Obviously not as much as in the beginning but if you like THC and not amber you can't go by hairs or leaves... Just my experience.

Absolutely outstanding!! Counting those heads is like trying to count stars. You definitely are knocking it out of the park. Can't wait to see her get her swell on!!

See, I've seen calyxes swelling, however, almost every plant I've grown so far, all of the pistils went orange and then the trichs changed, and then the leaves followed suit.. Am I missing a key point?? I'm still a new grower, so I'm not trying to sound like a dick, just trying to find out what the prime moment is, myself!! I followed Muddy's advice, and it hasn't done me wrong yet, but I understand what you'r saying.. I guess I'm looking for some clarification as well!! :pass::vibe:

Thanks!!!!! She has mostly smelled like skunk and pepper.. I've started to pick up on some citrus smell also the past couple days!

I think I may have noticed some today!

Y'all can talk about anything in my thread!!! I learn something from most things!

If the calyxes are swelling she's getting ripe. That's the best time to keep your eye on the trichs as she's producing THC and you should start seeing milk soon. Also keep in mind, if you're looking for amber not all autos amber.

I'm against topping because in my experience and experiments with topping.... Literally side by side comparison with the same strains... The topped plants were less potent, less tasty, and actually gave me smaller yield. So maybe its just my set up but I've had way more success with tying down plants like you did then cutting, fim'ing, topping, etc...

See, I've seen calyxes swelling, however, almost every plant I've grown so far, all of the pistils went orange and then the trichs changed, and then the leaves followed suit.. Am I missing a key point?? I'm still a new grower, so I'm not trying to sound like a dick, just trying to find out what the prime moment is, myself!! I followed Muddy's advice, and it hasn't done me wrong yet, but I understand what you'r saying.. I guess I'm looking for some clarification as well!! :pass::vibe:
If I'm following along with what you're saying, and I'm pretty sure i am, then you'll be absolutely correct that she has a way to go yet!!

And I mean NO disrespect to you either my friend! Ah I see. My old friend Muddy. Love that guy to death. Enormous respect for him. I know Muddy always tells folks to wait til all the fan leaves die no?

This is where I differ because depending on strains and genetics, hell even phenos of the same strain, will yellow up way before they are ready. But mainly because on average at that point you are full of amber. Amber is THC degraded. Now if that's your favorite then rock on! Then wait for the fans to all die and drop off. But imo when its "ripe" is when the THC is all there, buds are swollen, resin is high, and its stinky as all get out.

We eat fruit when its ripe and veggies when fresh.. What's different with bud? To me it's the same...

Take what I say with a grain of salt merely because I've only harvested roughly a dozen plants total, and guys like @Rebel know this stuff better than I do!! I'm just speaking from my extremely limited experience, but it hasn't let me down yet!! I've done a lot of reading on this site before I started doing any serious commitments on growing, however I'm STILL finding new and great information because we have HANDS-DOWN the best, most accommodating, friendly crowd that I've found on all of the 420-friendly sites, so I tend to lean in their favor before I make judgements.. I just know some biology and science, in conjunction with own growing experiences..

Like Zambeza.. I won't ever buy seeds from them again because every seed I've grown from them was inundated with mold.. Maybe I'm outlier, but I have attempted 14 of their seeds with only a 36% germ rate, EXTREMELY slow growth rates and substandard mold/fungus/pest resistance..

To each, their own... I'd definitely take Rebel's advice, however maybe check out Muddy's thread about leaf changes during the late stages of flower, to gain some additional insight on how the plants develop.. :pass:

And I mean NO disrespect to you either my friend! Ah I see. My old friend Muddy. Love that guy to death. Enormous respect for him. I know Muddy always tells folks to wait til all the fan leaves die no?

This is where I differ because depending on strains and genetics, hell even phenos of the same strain, will yellow up way before they are ready. But mainly because on average at that point you are full of amber. Amber is THC degraded. Now if that's your favorite then rock on! Then wait for the fans to all die and drop off. But imo when its "ripe" is when the THC is all there, buds are swollen, resin is high, and its stinky as all get out.

We eat fruit when its ripe and veggies when fresh.. What's different with bud? To me it's the same...

None taken, whatsoever!!!! I'm here to learn and join the ranks of "the best", if not somewhere in between that and a shitty grower!! lol I have so much to learn, and you guys have literally made it easy for guys like me!!! I seriously can't thank you all enough for the immense volumes of information that you freely drop on us with little regard for compensation or desire for praise!! I won't ever stray from this site for those reasons alone, much less the bonds I'm making with fellow growers and enthusiasts!!

Take what I say with a grain of salt merely because I've only harvested roughly a dozen plants total, and guys like @Rebel know this stuff better than I do!! I'm just speaking from my extremely limited experience, but it hasn't let me down yet!! I've done a lot of reading on this site before I started doing any serious commitments on growing, however I'm STILL finding new and great information because we have HANDS-DOWN the best, most accommodating, friendly crowd that I've found on all of the 420-friendly sites, so I tend to lean in their favor before I make judgements.. I just know some biology and science, in conjunction with own growing experiences..

Like Zambeza.. I won't ever buy seeds from them again because every seed I've grown from them was inundated with mold.. Maybe I'm outlier, but I have attempted 14 of their seeds with only a 36% germ rate, EXTREMELY slow growth rates and substandard mold/fungus/pest resistance..

To each, their own... I'd definitely take Rebel's advice, however maybe check out Muddy's thread about leaf changes during the late stages of flower, to gain some additional insight on how the plants develop.. :pass:

Don't get me wrong.. I'm not telling Eye it's ready. Or even close. Just saying also that there's different preferences. Not standards.

I know Eye well enough to know that she will make her own decision when its time. She'll research what she needs to and decide what suits her needs. That's what I would tell anyone to do anyway. *thumbs up*

None taken, whatsoever!!!! I'm here to learn and join the ranks of "the best", if not somewhere in between that and a shitty grower!! lol I have so much to learn, and you guys have literally made it easy for guys like me!!! I seriously can't thank you all enough for the immense volumes of information that you freely drop on us with little regard for compensation or desire for praise!! I won't ever stray from this site for those reasons alone, much less the bonds I'm making with fellow growers and enthusiasts!!

You know I'll probably get heat for this too although I mean no disrespect to you or anyone but imo mold/fungus/ etc... Has to do with overall plant health/nutrition then environment. However it' has alot to do with how a strain is bred...

I've grown nearly 300 strains in 5 years... Non stop perpetual. Autos and photos. I have never ever had mold/fungus or anything ever. And this is also on an area with a wide range of temps and humidity. In the mountains of Appalachia. Reading more into it imo has to do with overall plant health and nutrition.

Don't get me wrong.. I'm not telling Eye it's ready. Or even close. Just saying also that there's different preferences. Not standards.

I know Eye well enough to know that she will make her own decision when its time. She'll research what she needs to and decide what suits her needs. That's what I would tell anyone to do anyway. *thumbs up*

I was more so agreeing with you, merely based off my experience lol I'd love to see that plant hit or exceed my estimation because it looks like a proper monster!!!

:frog:

You know I'll probably get heat for this too although I mean no disrespect to you or anyone but imo mold/fungus/ etc... Has to do with overall plant health/nutrition then environment. However it' has alot to do with how a strain is bred...

I've grown nearly 300 strains in 5 years... Non stop perpetual. Autos and photos. I have never ever had mold/fungus or anything ever. And this is also on an area with a wide range of temps and humidity. In the mountains of Appalachia. Reading more into it imo has to do with overall plant health and nutrition.

And I don't wanna jack Eye's thread, but I think you are definitely, MOSTLY right, as I have a handful of friends who grow both autos and photos, but some breeders seem to be more susceptible to certain things than others, however, I'd rarely heard of an auto going more than 100 days or so, and the last Zambezas I grew, I had to chop early at 120+ days because of the mold.. Neither the calyxes, trichs or leaves showed ANY signs of ripeness, and that was the second round I tried from them, and with the nearly complete strikeout from the first round, I sorta chalked it up to a not-so-known breeder.. Perhaps I'm wrong, and maybe I should recant my statements to try and grow another strain of theirs.. I just feel a lot more comfortable growing from breeders that have timelessly proven themselves at this point because this is personal medicine, and I don't have time nor the space to mess around with testing new breeders.. This is solely my opinion, and I hope someone or several folks can prove me wrong and grow some beasts with their genetics, but thus far, in the same environment as those Zambeza JHs, I was able to yield a quap of NLxBB from WoS, and even had some Dinafem WWs to show w/ almost 5oz.. I know I need to dial in my stuff better, but I have a lot of faith that you're right, mostly because I was still experimenting with a hydro set-up that was meant for photos.. Regadless, I still got yield from the lot, so I can't be entirely mad..

This almost goes along with the topping concept.. I topped a couple of the NLxBB I had, and wanted to dedicate them to hydro, but since the JH were taking so long, I ended up tossing them, but their structure was superior to most of what I've grown, but that was the first time I'd ever done that, so naturally, it was a serious hit to my ego when I couldn't finish them.. If what you say is true, I'm gonna stick to my "au naturale" approach because it's worked for me thus far!!

Back