Indoor Eye Likes Pot

Looking at her size I think I would dial it back to about 2 cups of plain water poured slowly in a circle about 3-4" from the stem ... if anything I might put a drop of each GMB in the water ... your goal is to train the roots to grow down then out / roots grow by seeking water ... it's a good idea to post her age each time you show a photo ...

Hard to believe that 3 months from now she'll be harvested and provide a bucket of buds ... :cheers:

I know, right? She's just this tiny little thing at the moment. Thanks so much for all of your help!!! I'm good at finding information, but all the information the world can't beat somebody with actual real life experience. I went back and put her age in her pics. It's only been a week but it was already getting confusing. It's like I had another child! Only this one doesn't cry and yell and make a huge mess everywhere ... yet! :biggrin:

Thanks for the advice! I started looking a little this morning but have to admit I'm a little intimidated by the lst and super cropping. About when do you recommend starting lst with an autoflower plant?
Have a look at my White Widow thread. There you can see how successful supercropping can be,.

Just gave this little girl her first feeding. Well a snack. Here she is before.
IMG_20160528_141259.jpg

6 days old!
IMG_20160528_140635.jpg

Put this cup over her to protect her from my potentially sloppy newbie self.
IMG_20160528_140932.jpg

Added 0.14 milliliters each of first the micro, then the grow, and then the bloom (apparently the order you add them to the water actually matters) to 2 cups of aerated RO water.
IMG_20160528_140805.jpg

Good thing that cup was there!!!!

Last edited:
"about 2 cups of plain water poured slowly in a circle about 3-4" from the stem" ... The idea is to pour the water slowly in a circle around the plant so that the water has an opportunity to sink deep into the pot ... the bottom of your tap root should be at least 6-8" deep by this point ... if you sprayed 2 cups of water on the surface of the pot, the water probably didn't reach any deeper than an inch or so ... this trains the roots to stay shallow and results in a smaller plant ... If you sprayed the water on you'll want to water again today, this time w/ 2 cups of plain water (not ph'd) poured slowly around the plant so that the water can sink deep into the pot .... this trains the tap root to grow down ... then you'll train the roots to grow out after they are trained to grow deep on their quest for water ... alternatively you could pour the water 1/2 cup at a time onto 4 spots 3-4" from the stem ... this should allow the water to sink fairly deep before it begins to spread out ... too early to saturate the pot because that will slow / halt the growth of your roots and possibly kill your plant ... using the red cup to protect the seedling and act as a distance measure is a good idea ... I try to keep the top of the soil in the area around the stem dry to avoid damping off ...

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
"about 2 cups of plain water poured slowly in a circle about 3-4" from the stem" ... The idea is to pour the water slowly in a circle around the plant so that the water has an opportunity to sink deep into the pot ... the bottom of your tap root should be at least 6-8" deep by this point ... if you sprayed 2 cups of water on the surface of the pot, the water probably didn't reach any deeper than an inch or so ... this trains the roots to stay shallow and results in a smaller plant ... If you sprayed the water on you'll want to water again today, this time w/ 2 cups of plain water (not ph'd) poured slowly around the plant so that the water can sink deep into the pot .... this trains the tap root to grow down ... then you'll train the roots to grow out after they are trained to grow deep on their quest for water ... alternatively you could pour the water 1/2 cup at a time onto 4 spots 3-4" from the stem ... this should allow the water to sink fairly deep before it begins to spread out ... too early to saturate the pot because that will slow / halt the growth of your roots and possibly kill your plant ... using the red cup to protect the seedling and act as a distance measure is a good idea ... I try to keep the top of the soil in the area around the stem dry to avoid damping off ...

I DID use the sprayer but had the nozzle open the whole way so it was more like a gentle stream ... I also gave her another cup of water after that. The cup got wet because I startle easily and have a wonderful imagination:biggrin:. I've seen people mention "plain water" a couple times. What does that mean exactly? Just not to add anything at all to it? Is my bottled water considered plain water? She should be good on water for several days or more I think unless it didn't sink in enough?

Plain water is what ever type of water you have w/o adding anything at all to it ... only the grower knows how wet or dry a plant is ... if you think it's had enough you're probably right ... better dry than wet ...

Back