Outdoor Enter the Dark Side

Alright guys, time for a much overdue update. View the last few pics with caution.

Still battling those slugs in a big way, was on vacation for a week, the soil is saturated all the time so the de isn't working too great. Sprinkled down some Epsom salts as well as more de. Next time out I'll fasten some waterproof 80 grit sandpaper to the fabric pots somehow.

Some pics.

20150705_101617~2.jpg
20150705_092759~2.jpg
20150705_092325~2.jpg
20150705_092831~2.jpg
20150705_094826~2.jpg
20150705_093327~2.jpg

I'll start top dressing with botanicare bloom next visit out.

Looks like snails more than slugs, they are crazy! Have you considered using an insecticide, if not on the plants directly at least around the base of the pots and on surrounding ground.... I dont have a problem using insecticides pre flower, they have plenty of time to clear out during the flowering period IMO.

Cheers sanguine, I hope so too. Really banking on the sand paper to work. Copper didn't do much good.

Holy shite man!! When I read slugs and saw the damage I didn't realize the extent of them! Pretty sure they aren't the same as the slugs I am dealing with.(our slugs are only eating the odd leaf, not stripping branches like yours are) Just an update on the copper for me. Having some issues, but minimal compared to before. Sorry it didn't work for you.

Yeh they're goin to town on my girls, I'll try making a slug collar out of old plastic bottles, I just don't want the chems getting into the plants, they're really liking the living soil, might need to find a new spot next year lol

Wow those little buggers are having a party , what about running guttering around the pot filled with water ?
guttering-sizes-2.png

The stuff I use is stuff that occurs naturally in soil. And don't put near plants make a circle around garden an maybe a beer trap or two.

Hey dude, just picked up some eco sense slug b gone slug and snail bait by Scott's, not harmful to other animals or wildlife, wish I got this stuff earlier, thought they were all harmful, thanks for the heads up

Hey hecno, that'll be expensive and alot of work but would probably be OK

Next year I'll grow in recycling bins, they have a little lip that runs all the way around and put out the snail bait earlier

Pics coming tomorrow

Back