Indoor Elle's Experiments

Cheers Vapo! :bighug:I saw a video on youtube about it, although he said he'd "fluxed" his, whatever that meant. He had 14 strains on one plant. With the fact that we're not legal here, I thought it a great way to keep good quality photos on one mother. This was literally just a test to see how easy it was. Yes, I fully expect them to keep their own characteristics, but once I have named varieties I can test that out.

Thanks archie! :bighug:Yeah they're loving life aren't they? So happy with them! Yes, they do it with fruit so as I had a load of unknown seeds I decided to give it a go. It strikes me that it's a cool way to keep clones available without having separate mothers.

It wasn't too hard - I tried a whip graft first but they all failed. The second one was a v-type graft and it was a success. They are special grafting clips off ebay (cheap though) and PTFE tape to help keep the moisture/sap in while the two pieces grow together. Obviously you can't do it with autos LOL. Thanks for the encouragement! :bighug:

Cheers Dave, really appreciate the rep too.:bighug: It was a bit nerve-wracking waiting to see if they took, as the first try was a fail LOL.

Mum's a keen plant grower (not this plant, but ordinary ones) so I think I must have the gene in there somewhere. She's propagated some of her expensive stuff in a few unusual ways so there was a touch of the "why the hell not" to the whole thing! Thanks for the compliment! :bighug:

Dr Greenthumb over here grafting plants :d5::biggrin: so cool nice thread :toke:repped

Dr Greenthumb over here grafting plants :d5::biggrin: so cool nice thread :toke:repped
Thanks so much Senor! I've learned a lot - my next go will be coming soon (ish), probably in about a month, maybe sooner. I'm waiting for space to get on with it. I've just given the current mother a massive trim as one of the grafts isn't growing - probably because the rootstock growth is taking a lot of energy. Hopefully this will balance it all better.

Thanks so much Senor! I've learned a lot - my next go will be coming soon (ish), probably in about a month, maybe sooner. I'm waiting for space to get on with it. I've just given the current mother a massive trim as one of the grafts isn't growing - probably because the rootstock growth is taking a lot of energy. Hopefully this will balance it all better.
No pictures, no proof! :smoking: Almost two weeks now and no pictures. :pighug: You know me, I’m very visual, I need a pic. :rofl: