Indoor El Cheapo Grow

Reaction score
Hello all! I bought 2 bigger grow tents and new lights a few months ago and I had my old ones just sitting in the basement so I I decided I'd do a bare bones budget grow for fun to see how it turns out. I'm going low budget on everything so my materials consist of 2 cheap mars 300's, four 5 gallon hardware store buckets with drilled drain and air holes ( ghetto air pots lol) , 3 mbap and 1 skystomper, cheap dollar store soil ( literally $1 per bag !) , cheap miracle grow perlite, miracle grow nutes, and a $50 ebay tent. I hadn't planned on doing a journal but at day 20ish 2 of the mbap and the ss are suprisingly still alive and doing well. The 3rd mbap is on day 3 and still under 6 for $2 cfls with $1 homedepot adapters. Maybe this journal will be interesting for someone without a lot of money to spend that may be thinking about how to get into growing. I'll update with some pics a little later.

Here's a couple pics if anyone's interested.

The top quality nutes :crying:
048.jpg

049.jpg

The $50 tent and 2 for $120 lights I may add a 3rd if needed)
052.jpg

And mbap 1 20ish days in $1 dirt
054.jpg

mbap 2
055.jpg

Skywalker (maybe, but not sure) 20ish days
056.jpg

And another mbap day 3
057.jpg

My high tech vegging station and "air pots" lol
058.jpg

059.jpg

Sorry about the cheesy pics and saggy plants. Was watering time. The brown on the soil is $4 play sand that I washed and used to fight a few gnats I had around. As you can see its pretty basic. Going well so far so I hope my luck holds up. :bighug:

Quick pic update since I'll be pretty busy all week. I gave the the biggest 3 a hit of the MG all purpose nutes a couple days ago and they girls aren't laying in the dirt so that's a good thing. Mbap 1 has taken off the most so far with mbap 2 growing well also. The skywalker? is growing more slowly it seems. I didnt do any training on her so she'll just grow natural.

MBAP1 day 25 13 inches with lst
002.jpg

Mbap2 10 inches with lst
006.jpg

Skywalker 7 inches natural
007.jpg

And tent security guard Lillian. Her brother didn't help so he wont be getting a treat this afternoon
010.jpg

011.jpg

So far so good !

Quick update with some pics. Mbap1 is doing far better on these low budget materials than I expected. It's really started to take off. Mbap2 is a little behind, but doing pretty good as well. the skywalker is looking like it's just gonna be a small plant, but nice and healthy. I'll start taking pics of mbap3 next week at day 21. If mbap 1&2keep growing this way I may not have room for mbap3 in this tent so I'll just put it in the good one and continue on with the bigger 3 in this journal.
Mbap day 33
IMG_20170925_085126.jpg

IMG_20170925_085210.jpg

Mbap2
IMG_20170925_085159.jpg

Skywalker day 33
IMG_20170925_085221.jpg

IMG_20170925_094245.jpg

every documented grow has its value,a budget grow is no different.to some people its not about show winning buds or prize winning yields.its just about getting a smoke of something when they either couldnt afford or couldnt get their hands on any.
nothing budget looking about that last pic,great looking plants.
keep er lit.
:pighug:

Thanks @archie gemmill and @Dudeski . I know when I first found this site a few years ago It took quite some time to begin my own grow. I was still smoking street bunk because I thought I needed a thousand bucks worth of stuff to grow :face: . All those months of seed filled joints popping like a mini fireworks show:grump:. Hopefully someone can see this journal and know that it doesn't take all of that to cop some good smoke. I was telling my wife that this $1 dollar store dirt isn't doing too bad at all. I bought some cheap natures care organic miracle grow mix to transplant int if things went south, but the girls are still pushing along in this grave dirt :growing:

Back