Grow Mediums DWC AvT new tent

It’s all about the extra air!!!
:yeahthat: Definitely a huge part of it.

EDIT: I also noticed it helps keep the roots cleaner with the additional water movement - helps keeps detritus, exudates, etc. suspended in solution and suppresses microbial biolfilm accumulation.

Last edited:
:yeahthat: Definitely a huge part of it.

EDIT: I also noticed it helps keep the roots cleaner with the additional water movement - helps keeps detritus, exudates, etc. suspended in solution and suppresses microbial biolfilm accumulation.
Annnnnnnnd this is the REAL benefit to extra air. I have lots of data supporting that increased air flow greatly reduces the ability for pathogens to take hold, letting you run much higher reservoir temps with no issue.

It’s the best way to grow for yield hands down. And I have never seen a real difference in quality

Just ordered an 8 gal Current Culture res and lid - net volume should be at least 6 G which gives me an approx. 70% res volume increase. I'll see if that reduces pH shift on my next DWC grow.

Just ordered an 8 gal Current Culture res and lid - net volume should be at least 6 G which gives me an approx. 70% res volume increase. I'll see if that reduces pH shift on my next DWC grow.
PH shifts will still happen just slower.

PH shifts will still happen just slower.
No doubt. I would just like to slow it down enough so that when I get up to take a leak in the middle of the night I can just go back to bed instead of having check/adjust pH. :nono: Geez.

Last edited:
No doubt. I would just like to slow it down enough so that when I get up to take a leak in the middle of the night I can just go back to bed instead of having check/adjust pH. :nono: Geez.
:crying::crying::crying::crying: You will still check in the middle of the night - I do!

OK, if we're doing 'True Confessions,' I do roll over rand refresh my Govee app in the middle of the night to check on temp and RH. If there's anything odd, I hike down to the basement to check. So i guess if I try DWC I won't get any sleep at all. (currently in coco).

I only steal from the best!!!!

Interstellar overdrive!!!

If I may ask, is this the Max o2 tech that you used and the one Derek mentioned above?

Also do you know the brand of glass air stones you are using?

Thanks and Amazing craftsmanship!!!!!!

Back