Indoor Dutch Passion Glueberry OG and Cinderella Jack with Skyline LEDs from LED Hydroponics

@Teetee your girls are gorgeous, Great work as always.
Did you get the skyline 400 and led glasses, My shipping agent told me it was delivered today.
Hey Muddy, nice to see you on here Bro.

DHL wont deliver to our rural location, so they have passed it onto Australia Post.... so as far as you are concerned its delivered.

Auspost have given me tracking details, and I should get the parcel tomorrow or thursday, cheers for that mate, the big Glueberry needs it!

Subbed up for this brother!

I am very interested in these lights as my twin 315 CMH make my environment too warm in the summer months.

What did you use prior to these?

Kind regards

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hi James, thanks for subbing into this grow, I've been very happy with my Skylines.

I first started growing in 2013 using a Helios 6 and a couple of Helios 2's in a smallish wardrobe set up. I got the Helios' from LED Hydroponics (having been spurred on by @otuaflower's record breaking Automazar), and joined the LED revolution - man I got some stick on some of the forums, but eventually proved them all wrong.

I then got a 1.4m x 1.4m x 2m tent in 2014, and added a 600W MH for veg and a 600W HPS for bloom.

I was getting great results with the LED and MH/HPS combo, but was battling with heat issues, so I got 2x Photon 126 units again from LED Hydroponics, took out the MH/HPS, and went on to grow 2 massive AutoUltimates getting just over a kilo from the two girls.

Interestingly the plant that was under the LED gave a slightly heavier yield compared to the plant under the MH/HPS, and the LED buds were harder and probably had a bit more in the way of trichome density.

Over the years, a few LED chips blew in the Helios and Photon units.... I run them 24/0 in very hot ambient temps (often up in the mid 30°C's) so not a surprise.
The big surprise was the customer service at LED Hydroponics..... they sent replacement LED chips half way across the world to me with little delay so I could carry on growing - they stuck by their guarantee.

I got my first 2 Skylines in Aug 2016 and put the Helios 6 into semi retirement. They were an instant hit, I grew a 506g Daiquiri Lime that won Nov 2016 Plant of the Month here on AFN, and I have since grown another monster Daiquiri Lime, both of which featured in the Dutch Passion Blog.

The company staff also have given me the best advice and encouragement along the way, so I highly recommend them. When I first looked at LEDs, there were loads of companies advertising their wares, and back in 2013 there was a lot of crap around, and a lot of dodgy companies either pushing false claims or going around slating other LED companies, I'm so glad I went with LED Hydro, as their products actually work and all they've done is improve on something that was already pretty damn good in the first place.

I still use my Helios and Photons as they are so reliable, but I'm looking forward to getting my 4th Skyline 400 any day now so I can go only with them and keep the temps down a bit more easily - the Helios and Photons have fans but generate just a bit more heat compared to the fanless Skylines.

Anyway Bro, there's a few jars lying around, why not skin one up and enjoy the rest of the grow!

Last edited:
Hey man,

Thanks very much for your expertise and advice, coming from someone who has grown monster plants under the LED. It is good to know you have faith in the company and service.

I have done a couple of monster Glueberry myself last year, I didn't get it all together to weigh but it was a monster. I will find a good pic where you can see the size. I think it would as a 1lb effort, what do you think?

Looking forward to picking up some hints and tips from you brother!

Kind regards
9a78802060668812da3c38b1271a6d4a.jpg

Hey man,

Thanks very much for your expertise and advice, coming from someone who has grown monster plants under the LED. It is good to know you have faith in the company and service.

I have done a couple of monster Glueberry myself last year, I didn't get it all together to weigh but it was a monster. I will find a good pic where you can see the size. I think it would as a 1lb effort, what do you think?

Kind regards

She is lovely buddy. how many days ?
:slap:

Hi James, thanks for subbing into this grow, I've been very happy with my Skylines.

I first started growing in 2013 using a Helios 6 and a couple of Helios 2's in a smallish wardrobe set up. I got the Helios' from LED Hydroponics (having been spurred on by @otuaflower's record breaking Automazar), and joined the LED revolution - man I got some stick on some of the forums, but eventually proved them all wrong.

I then got a 1.4m x 1.4m x 2m tent in 2014, and added a 600W MH for veg and a 600W HPS for bloom.

I was getting great results with the LED and MH/HPS combo, but was battling with heat issues, so I got 2x Photon 126 units again from LED Hydroponics, took out the MH/HPS, and went on to grow 2 massive AutoUltimates getting just over a kilo from the two girls.

Interestingly the plant that was under the LED gave a slightly heavier yield compared to the plant under the MH/HPS, and the LED buds were harder and probably had a bit more in the way of trichome density.

Over the years, a few LED chips blew in the Helios and Photon units.... I run them 24/0 in very hot ambient temps (often up in the mid 30°C's) so not a surprise.
The big surprise was the customer service at LED Hydroponics..... they sent replacement LED chips half way across the world to me with little delay so I could carry on growing - they stuck by their guarantee.

I got my first 2 Skylines in Aug 2016 and put the Helios 6 into semi retirement. They were an instant hit, I grew a 506g Daiquiri Lime that won Nov 2016 Plant of the Month here on AFN, and I have since grown another monster Daiquiri Lime, both of which featured in the Dutch Passion Blog.

The company staff also have given me the best advice and encouragement along the way, so I highly recommend them. When I first looked at LEDs, there were loads of companies advertising their wares, and back in 2013 there was a lot of crap around, and a lot of dodgy companies either pushing false claims or going around slating other LED companies, I'm so glad I went with LED Hydro, as their products actually work and all they've done is improve on something that was already pretty damn good in the first place.

I still use my Helios and Photons as they are so reliable, but I'm looking forward to getting my 4th Skyline 400 any day now so I can go only with them and keep the temps down a bit more easily - the Helios and Photons have fans but generate just a bit more heat compared to the fanless Skylines.

Anyway Bro, there's a few jars lying around, why not skin one up and enjoy the rest of the grow!
I am customer from 2012, had few photon 6 & Super Helios 6, like you I use to have 600w HPS in with my led then in 2015 went 100% super helios 6.
For last 2 years I only use skyline led, some times if it get to cold I have 600w HPS to add some heat.
Love that they are blend of white light this makes easy to see plants and passive cooling making then silent.
I always got replacement parts for super Helios promptly, I not had a faulty skyline yet.
PUFF PUFF PASS Bro.
ppp.jpg

Hey man,

Kind regards

James, looks like you got skills Bro.... that Glueberry looks lush man.
I think the only tip I can offer you is to go with the Skylines, but I think you've made that decision already!
Have some more rep mate.
:slap:

@Teetee your girls are gorgeous, Great work as always.
Did you get the skyline 400 and led glasses, My shipping agent told me it was delivered today.
Got it all yesterday mate.... thanks a lot, nothing extra to pay my end! :slap:
I really appreciate the glasses, they're great, but they come with some extra lenses.... what are they for?

What do you reckon I should do with the new Skyline?

At the moment, Glueberry 1, the big one, has a Skyline 400 directly above, and the Helios 6 and Photon 126 either side.... The Helios and Photon are about 8 inches from the plant in places, and the Skyline is about 12 inches above.

I could add the new Skyline and give more light from above ( too much light perhaps?) ..... or put a Skyline either side and just have a Photon on top.

Then there is also the option of giving Glueberry 2 more light.....

what would you do?

Last edited:
Back