Dutch Passion Dutch Passion - AutoUltimate - AMG

I’m really looking forward to watching your grow. Best of luck amigo :toke:

Thank you Frank! :smokeout:

Nice products Mikael!! Just one "but". I would buy a better pH meter. This one will last you one grow and aren't that accurate.
Most of the old garde here swears on the Bluelab, but I found it way to expensive. I ordered mine from Ali and payed about 25€ --> LINK
You can buy a separate probe for it. It does a three point calibration. Try to find the newer ones as these use AAA batteries instead of the LR44 in the older types...

Regards,

B

Hey!

I had two meters but I gave away one so now I just got that one.

I also had the bluelab pen before but the cops took it and the rest of my gear when I got caught. Will order a new decent pen the coming days or so, but I’m in no stress, it will last some weeks anyhow. I might try the one you linked to, it was cheap.

Testing the gear and there is a lot of bubbles :biggrin:

Last edited:

What kind of bubble stone do you have inside that drum? It seems to me that the bubble produced are to big or you have to much air running through.
One thing is for sure, there will be enough oxygen available for the roots, but the roots will get tumbled around.

These are my favorite air stones. They can have a large amount of air going trough and still produce lots of little bubbles.
81aRh3WK71L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

What kind of bubble stone do you have inside that drum? It seems to me that the bubble produced are to big or you have to much air running through.
One thing is for sure, there will be enough oxygen available for the roots, but the roots will get tumbled around.

These are my favorite air stones. They can have a large amount of air going trough and still produce lots of little bubbles.
81aRh3WK71L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I hear you. There are 4 stones - these ->
5741BA9C-1CFA-400E-ADF7-AD3D07A3FAB8.png
that Splitting 50L air per minute. I could add 3 other stones, similar to the ones on the photo. But they can turn upside down and sometimes float up to the surface, so in that case I have to glue them to the bottom of the bucket.

I’m testing and I will go with the best option, as always.

Girls are in the Root-riots so I got 3 days before I have to be done and have the setup ready.

I started brew 25 liters of wine today to get some extra Co2 in the growroom, it should raise the ppms.

Will have 3 of those powerfull lights to play with as I made another order :headbang:

Last edited:
I hear you. There are 4 stones - these -> View attachment 1391435that Splitting 50L air per minute. I could add 3 other stones, similar to the ones on the photo. But they can turn upside down and sometimes float up to the surface, so in that case I have to glue them to the bottom of the bucket.

I’m testing and I will go with the best option, as always.

Girls are in the Root-riots so I got 3 days before I have do be done and have the setup ready.

I started brew 25 liters of wine today to get some extra Co2 in the growroom, it should raise the ppms.

Will have 3 of those powerfull lights to play with as I made another order :headbang:
I wouldn't add more stones, but rather less and if you can adjust the output of your airpump lower it a bit. The solution needs to churn and the small bubbles "exploding" on the surface result in a better uptake of oxygen (actually air, which is a mixture, but you get my drift ;) )

I wouldn't add more stones, but rather less and if you can adjust the output of your airpump lower it a bit. The solution needs to churn and the small bubbles "exploding" on the surface result in a better uptake of oxygen (actually air, which is a mixture, but you get my drift ;) )

I totally get you, you want to see a HUUUUGE autoflower, bet you are as pumped as i am. Thanks for your valuable inputs, I appreciate it alot :d5:

30 liter/min of air - the other stones.

This feels correct, and there is alot of small crackings.

We got a water-temp of 22C/71.8F.

Last edited:
Much better buddy. Try it with only one stone or maybe two, but put them next to each other.
You'll see the bubbles surface and the water will churn. ie, the bubbles will create uplift and on the other side of the bucket the oxygenated water will go down.
What you want is as much movement of the solution, but not so like a wild river. You'll want the roots to stay where they are :thumbsup:

Much better buddy. Try it with only one stone or maybe two, but put them next to each other.
You'll see the bubbles surface and the water will churn. ie, the bubbles will create uplift and on the other side of the bucket the oxygenated water will go down.
What you want is as much movement of the solution, but not so like a wild river. You'll want the roots to stay where they are :thumbsup:

I tried that way —

But here I’m thinking about it and it doesn’t feel 100% right as a lot of the roots will be in the air instead of going straight into the nutrition-bath.
It feels like i want to have the air coming from every direction, just like one would with a surround-system, or like in this case, light on every side on the plant, so every part of it gets the “best side”.

Here - in this case there will be 50%of the upper roots that gets the good side.

and in this example the roots stays in the center and are pushed downwards and get the goodies from 3 directions, wich should - in my book be better then the example above.

We could try this if you want, as I have two of those big buckets. Then we will see at day 25 or so, wich of the ways the girls liked the best.
On the other hand, they are not 100% equal in growth-pattern, and I will pick the one I believe in so it could be to your disadvantage and with that a test that is not 100% bulletproof.

I tried that way —

But here I’m thinking about it and it doesn’t feel 100% right as a lot of the roots will be in the air instead of going straight into the nutrition-bath.
It feels like i want to have the air coming from every direction, just like one would with a surround-system, or like in this case, light on every side on the plant, so every part of it gets the “best side”.

Here - in this case there will be 50%of the upper roots that gets the good side.

and in this example the roots stays in the center and are pushed downwards and get the goodies from 3 directions, wich should - in my book be better then the example above.

We could try this if you want, as I have two of those big buckets. Then we will see at day 25 or so, wich of the ways the girls liked the best.
On the other hand, they are not 100% equal in growth-pattern, and I will pick the one I believe in so it could be to your disadvantage and with that a test that is not 100% bulletproof.

Still believe the first one will do better. Oh and forget about the fact that the roots will not end up in the solution itself. Once roots reach the water the rootsystem will make water roots from them. There must be a technical explanation for it, but hey. It's 2am here and I'm f#cked up :baked:
But, I'll take your deal buddy!! I expect pictures of two monster plants and if I'm ever in the neighborhood I'll bring the snacks and you keep 'm coming :pass:

Dang! Beastly set up! Excited to see the grow!

Thanks bro, and welcomed, lets hope for a monster-plant :d5:

Still believe the first one will do better. Oh and forget about the fact that the roots will not end up in the solution itself. Once roots reach the water the rootsystem will make water roots from them. There must be a technical explanation for it, but hey. It's 2am here and I'm f#cked up :baked:
But, I'll take your deal buddy!! I expect pictures of two monster plants and if I'm ever in the neighborhood I'll bring the snacks and you keep 'm coming :pass:

Okey growbro, we try both ways and watching closely how the roots developes and are affected by the different streams of oxygenated water/nutrients. But I’m not sure I have enough light to cover 2 monsters as I want the plant to be symmetrical. And I only have a 200x250x260cm grow-space, so by day 25 or something one of them has to go, or be under my other cheap LEDs as the biggest one gets it all :headbang:

If you ever close by, my door is always open and you would be free to smoke how much you would have liked :smokeout:

Back