Mephisto Genetics Dream Farm Report: Mephisto Edition

d
Soil watering does present a learning curve for sure! Exasperated by the individuality of each plant. I have to constantly coach myself about watering, can never treat the whole grow as a single entity or problems ensue. Knowing what I know I still have probs every grow with a strain or 2. Wilt and droop two different things. Wilt, easy to see near tops, need water. First signs of wilt very minor, water now and step back and watch grow. I never try to dry out to the wilt point, but easy to see very first signs. Wilting recovers very fast, water logging takes a while to dry out, really can slow a plant down!, plus soggy can grow funk. I would say over watering is the biggest sin I commit, and it's like time for over waters anonymous. The good news is, most strains in my greenhouse do good with the same basic watering routine, with slight tweaks. The problem children have to be watched more closely. You'll get the hang of this too derek. Watering Is a big deal! I know you spend as much time as you can with your girls, they will tell you how to do it, if you park your preconceptions at the door.

Yeah man the wilt and droop are two different things for sure, and I mistook the wilt for the droop the last time, when it was really a droop and not a wilt I watered again doubling down on the droop factor. So I am getting the technique back down again and I do watch them intently every day. You are totally correct though, that is how I knew I overwatered was because they didn't respond right away and are still droopy 3 days later, I am going to let em dry out for another 3 or 4 days probabaly. I know they will bounce back but it just gets me a little frustrated when they are not perfect, and it is due to something I have control over. It is so crazy not having done this for so long, I figured sure I will just hop right back into it, wrrrrong lol. Practice is the only way to get good at something and stay good at it. I need to get my cO2 controller and extraction fan so I can get my DWC up and running, I am honestly just frustrated with the rate of growth overall. One of the main reasons I have stuck with the DWC, I don't have to wait 5 days to see if what I thought was wrong was. But I digress, thanks for the help my friend!

Nice to see you happy with the progress, but why are the plants still in red cups? I would be afraid to stop their growth...would stick them right into the whole pot!

This is to provide a "plug" of seedling mix, I did not layer the Kindsoil in but instead mixed it all up with the Roots Organic and then "tiered" them into the KS mix, this technique was provided by @Eyes on Fire and he is a master lol. There is a hole in the bottom of each cup so as to let the roots grow down and feed on the KS.

Yeah man the wilt and droop are two different things for sure, and I mistook the wilt for the droop the last time, when it was really a droop and not a wilt I watered again doubling down on the droop factor. So I am getting the technique back down again and I do watch them intently every day. You are totally correct though, that is how I knew I overwatered was because they didn't respond right away and are still droopy 3 days later, I am going to let em dry out for another 3 or 4 days probabaly. I know they will bounce back but it just gets me a little frustrated when they are not perfect, and it is due to something I have control over. It is so crazy not having done this for so long, I figured sure I will just hop right back into it, wrrrrong lol. Practice is the only way to get good at something and stay good at it. I need to get my cO2 controller and extraction fan so I can get my DWC up and running, I am honestly just frustrated with the rate of growth overall. One of the main reasons I have stuck with the DWC, I don't have to wait 5 days to see if what I thought was wrong was. But I digress, thanks for the help my friend!

you're welcome derek, you'll get your master blaster trip up and rolling, good to know both, and no matter the type of grow, time with growing girls adds to your knowledge

You know other than that tiny bit of droopiness, they look fantastic! The color is nice!!! Which plants do you have in which pictures?

Hiiii @ Derek's mom!

Thank you sweet pea! And oh my god I have lost track of a lot of them, I am a bad farmer and didn't label everything quite right. But I know basically where everything is. I know there is my Double Grape, Grape Crinkle and SODK those are the big ones. The smaller are white stomper and skywalker, the little self topped one is a grape crinkle as well. : )

you're welcome derek, you'll get your master blaster trip up and rolling, good to know both, and no matter the type of grow, time with growing girls adds to your knowledge

If I hadn't been doing it for 10 with a degree I wouldn't be as frustrated, its like my brain is all foggy about the dirt stuff. I mean DWC I know like the back of my hand, mainly because that is how I have grown for ever. I know I posess the knowledge but it has not been accessed in so long it is like I don't remember it until after I have had an issue and think on it for 3 days THEN I am like oh duh. So its just a little humbling to feel like a first grader again, I think the learning curve will not be nearly as steep due to my experience but jesus h Christ getting my "sea legs" back is proving more difficult than I thought. I should have been a better student and been doing more research on brushing up on my dirt techniques vs spending the last 6 months thinking about only DWC, smh. But as you said live and learn and grow : )

Well I am off to get laundry done hopefully and go get propane and other various "in town" chores uugggggh! But they are necessary to keep the DF up and running, I spent two hours today dethawing my brown water holding tank. That was fun!

Well I am off to get laundry done hopefully and go get propane and other various "in town" chores uugggggh! But they are necessary to keep the DF up and running, I spent two hours today dethawing my brown water holding tank. That was fun!
cruise easy bro

This is to provide a "plug" of seedling mix, I did not layer the Kindsoil in but instead mixed it all up with the Roots Organic and then "tiered" them into the KS mix, this technique was provided by @Eyes on Fire and he is a master lol. There is a hole in the bottom of each cup so as to let the roots grow down and feed on the KS.
Would've been easier to press a cup in each pot and fill the space with your seedling soil, thinking beeing a plant i guess i wouldnt like to have a cup around my neck...just thinking loud...

Would've been easier to press a cup in each pot and fill the space with your seedling soil, thinking beeing a plant i guess i wouldnt like to have a cup around my neck...just thinking loud...

that would allow the smaller roots to have access to the hot kind soil mix, if there was no cup around the roots they would get nute burn before they were big enough to handle it

Back