Eggs Benny was dinner tonight
26917162-3EAA-4278-BA1B-29CA5211F31B.jpeg

That's cute. I didn't do easte this year. I did manage to catch 4:20am @ 4/20 with a big ole bong rip though...and I got a bunch of char-sui pork and fried rice, with some egg rolls, spring rolls and fried dumpos. Having anxiety, I gotta get done with this ex wife bs. It's eating me alive.

That's cute. I didn't do easte this year. I did manage to catch 4:20am @ 4/20 with a big ole bong rip though...and I got a bunch of char-sui pork and fried rice, with some egg rolls, spring rolls and fried dumpos. Having anxiety, I gotta get done with this ex wife bs. It's eating me alive.
Ex-wives never go away. The only thing that will save you is to throw her into the big mind hole I call the don't give a shit chasm.

The Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets I made have

The proper texture:greencheck:
Have a good breading:greencheck:
Have great flavor:redcross:
Have any flavor:redcross:

Eating them is such a waste, even dipping them in a sauce does not help. I might as well be eating cardboard. I made a bunch of them and have been forcing myself to eat them (I hate to waste food).

I finally ate all of them down to the point I can make some more.

Things to do differently.

Start with thigh meat, add some fat- butter, pork back fat, and or goose fat. I think I will add 10% by weight. Add thyme and/or some chicken bullion for flavor. Make the edges smoother so they cook more evenly. I will make several iterations mixing up the above ingredients today.

Ex-wives never go away. The only thing that will save you is to throw her into the big mind hole I call the don't give a shit chasm.

The Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets I made have

The proper texture:greencheck:
Have a good breading:greencheck:
Have great flavor:redcross:
Have any flavor:redcross:

Eating them is such a waste, even dipping them in a sauce does not help. I might as well be eating cardboard. I made a bunch of them and have been forcing myself to eat them (I hate to waste food).

I finally ate all of them down to the point I can make some more.

Things to do differently.

Start with thigh meat, add some fat- butter, pork back fat, and or goose fat. I think I will add 10% by weight. Add thyme and/or some chicken bullion for flavor. Make the edges smoother so they cook more evenly. I will make several iterations mixing up the above ingredients today.
That is why I have dogs, The old worlds garbage disposal.

I am making some new Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets. The first attempt was texture and breading correct but they were tasteless. They even seemed to absorb the flavor of dipping sauces and making it flavorless also - if that is possible. What I am trying to say is they were bad.

I added 10% fat, dry thyme, Herb Ox granulated chicken bullion (instead of salt) black pepper. I made 4 separate batches:
1. Goose Fat 1oz. with 1/4 tsp. of the spices to 10oz of bonless skinless chicken thighs.
2. Pork Back Fat, 1 oz.with 1/4 tsp. of the spices to 10oz of bonless skinless chicken thighs.
3. Butter 1 oz.with 1/2 tsp. of the spices to 10oz of bonless skinless chicken thighs.
4. Butter .5 oz. ,Pork Back Fat .5 oz. with 1/2 tsp. of the spices to 10oz of bonless skinless chicken thighs.

Breaded with a 3/4cup water and one egg wash and dredged in 1 cup each GF Flour and Masa Harina with 1 tbsp. Salt.

2022-04-22_20-25-51.jpg2022-04-22_20-24-37.jpg
I didn't think about a picture until I was finishing the last one :crying:

_DSC4640.JPG

First off all of them are delicious and such an improvement over the first try. The dark meat would have blended better in the bigger more powerful Cuisinart but the small test batches needed the smaller one. The spice is on the minimum side at 1/4 tsp/10oz chicken and at the top at 1/2 tsp. So 3/8 tsp/10oz. will be the target in the future. The 10% fat is good.

So the nuggets made with the goose fat are the best but really they are too rich to pair with dipping sauce. What theses would work for is breakfast with a poached egg and hollandaise on top. Yes they are that good!

The pork back fat did not blend as well as I like when the chicken was done chopping. The back fat will need to be in 1/4" dice to blend well in the big blender. The flavor was mild with good moisture retention in the chicken, it needed just a bit more spice.

The Butter nuggets were awesome and an easy go to for a basic recipe. It was a little on the salty side with a sauce so a tad less spice makes this the second place winner.

The butter/pork back fat is the winner. It just has a nice rich balance that will work with or without the dipping sauces and it tastes like a chicken nugget should taste.

Haha....I love your scientific approach to the workarounds. You had me laughing pretty good on that first post, I'm glad everything worked out better, it sucks wasting food....even more so when you've put a good amount of effort into it.

So you've inspired me to try to make some nuggies. I got some Kikoman tempura batter that has been waiting for just such an occasion, I got it from the insane clearance rack at the old folks supermarket, I think they were like 75 cents or so, I grabbed both packs. While I'm thinking about the clearance rack, there is something else I wanted to show you guys. Anybody ever seen this before:
PXL_20220423_235942531.jpg

Me neither. I scored a half pound of this off the rack for a buck. It's a big container, at a full half a pound. All pleasantries aside, god damn. Seriously, BUY ONE OF THESE, I figure they gotta be like $7 at normal retail. If you like peanut butter candy, peanut butter ice cream, or Smucker's Natural PB, you need this in your life.

First, it's crazy...it's stupid hydrophobic and is almost impossible to eat raw. I had to try, don't judge. It kicked my ass if anyone is interested. It's got phenomenal potential though. I had some mediocre peanut butter ice cream the other day. It is decent quality ice cream, it's just not super peanut buttery. So I decided to try it with I've cream. Holy shit. I had a little dot of hot fudge, and proceeded to put a layer of powder over my eye scream, followed by some room temp fudge sauce. I turn mashed the powder into said scream and magic happened. It turned into a Friendly's Reese's Pieces Sundae!!!! Spot the fuck on....minus the actual candies themselves, but those are literally a garnish on the real deal. I worked there for a year, and was a Friendly's ice cream fan all through Little League...and that was my first choice. Every time, unless I got a cone, in which case it's mint chocolate chip without a doubt. Friendly's was always a treat growing up, they have really good food. Try their Reuben, it's slammin.

Just do yourself a solid a keep your peepers peeled for some PB powder, even at $7 it goes a long way.

So I really think I'm gonna make some McNugget type devices this afternoon. Any suggestions or things to be aware of? I've never put chicken in the whirlygig.l, so this is new for me. I am a certified pro at the fry station though, so I think I'll be okay, but any suggestions or whathavu would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks lads and sorchs

Haha....I love your scientific approach to the workarounds. You had me laughing pretty good on that first post, I'm glad everything worked out better, it sucks wasting food....even more so when you've put a good amount of effort into it.

So you've inspired me to try to make some nuggies. I got some Kikoman tempura batter that has been waiting for just such an occasion, I got it from the insane clearance rack at the old folks supermarket, I think they were like 75 cents or so, I grabbed both packs. While I'm thinking about the clearance rack, there is something else I wanted to show you guys. Anybody ever seen this before:
View attachment 1449548

Me neither. I scored a half pound of this off the rack for a buck. It's a big container, at a full half a pound. All pleasantries aside, god damn. Seriously, BUY ONE OF THESE, I figure they gotta be like $7 at normal retail. If you like peanut butter candy, peanut butter ice cream, or Smucker's Natural PB, you need this in your life.

First, it's crazy...it's stupid hydrophobic and is almost impossible to eat raw. I had to try, don't judge. It kicked my ass if anyone is interested. It's got phenomenal potential though. I had some mediocre peanut butter ice cream the other day. It is decent quality ice cream, it's just not super peanut buttery. So I decided to try it with I've cream. Holy shit. I had a little dot of hot fudge, and proceeded to put a layer of powder over my eye scream, followed by some room temp fudge sauce. I turn mashed the powder into said scream and magic happened. It turned into a Friendly's Reese's Pieces Sundae!!!! Spot the fuck on....minus the actual candies themselves, but those are literally a garnish on the real deal. I worked there for a year, and was a Friendly's ice cream fan all through Little League...and that was my first choice. Every time, unless I got a cone, in which case it's mint chocolate chip without a doubt. Friendly's was always a treat growing up, they have really good food. Try their Reuben, it's slammin.

Just do yourself a solid a keep your peepers peeled for some PB powder, even at $7 it goes a long way.

So I really think I'm gonna make some McNugget type devices this afternoon. Any suggestions or things to be aware of? I've never put chicken in the whirlygig.l, so this is new for me. I am a certified pro at the fry station though, so I think I'll be okay, but any suggestions or whathavu would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks lads and sorchs
mmmmmm PB Fribble...:eyebrows:

Well Shit I poisoned myself yesterday with my awesome tuna salad sandwich with BBQ potato chips. It turns out the potato chips have Torula Yeast. My allergy to yeast is just getting worse and worse it made me sick.

_DSC4645.JPG

That is another food I love off the list. Fu@# getting old is hard.

Back