Got sweet corn that we soaked in husk before placing on top rack of grill. Then we got onions and zucchini that got tossed on the plancha with bacon drippings to saute. Just before the New York Strip steaks get the grill 3 minutes per side and flip. Most turn out medium to medium rare if you do it this way.
View attachment 1337038View attachment 1337040View attachment 1337042View attachment 1337043View attachment 1337044View attachment 1337047View attachment 1337048View attachment 1337049View attachment 1337050

The day started with one of my favorites. Then not so hungry for diner too lazy to cook so cold sandwich and potato chips for dinner.

_DSC3888.JPG

The espresso is an Ethiopian - Costa Rica blend roasted to full city+ Just coasting in to second crack. This is as dark as I roast and I nailed it this time The African really shows a dark chocolate profile with the earthy undertones and the Costa Rica stays sweet with that central American sweetness. The Champagne Mangoes are at their most perfumiest right now. I don't know when I started eating Asparagus for breakfast but they really work with the pan seared scallops.

Some of that BJs teriyaki fillet of beef...aka brisket chunks. Add a quartered onion to. Marinate, grill, bake, shave, pile....finish at 190° when the jus is flowing and the beef is tender as fuck.

Pile high on a quality toasted roll with some broiled cheese....then put it back in the oven for like 7 mins. Coleslaw and deep fried bag fries. You could open a restaurant based on this Sammy alone. If you build it, they absolutely will come, and then come again. Melts like butter. Phenomenal.

PXL_20210628_034902431.MP.jpg

PXL_20210628_041225132.jpg

PSX_20210630_045030.jpg

PSX_20210630_045226.jpg

Y'all seriously gotta try this. Fucking BONKERS.

Some of that BJs teriyaki fillet of beef...aka brisket chunks. Add a quartered onion to. Marinate, grill, bake, shave, pile....finish at 190° when the jus is flowing and the beef is tender as fuck.

Pile high on a quality toasted roll with some broiled cheese....then put it back in the oven for like 7 mins. Coleslaw and deep fried bag fries. You could open a restaurant based on this Sammy alone. If you build it, they absolutely will come, and then come again. Melts like butter. Phenomenal.

View attachment 1337149

View attachment 1337150

View attachment 1337151

View attachment 1337152

Y'all seriously gotta try this. Fucking BONKERS.
Dude.

I'm telling ya Franky...as a professional sammich adjuster, they don't get much better than this.

I look for a package that is about 32oz to make 4. There is always two chunks inside the package, even though it looks like one. In all honesty it probably doesn't even need to get grilled, the real magic happens in the hotbox, where it's all wrapped up tight with onions. I use my instant read and am looking for 190°F. I let it rest thoroughly...you gotta shave it, and it's no fun when it's burning you, besides, it cuts much nicer once it's tightened up a bunch. From here it's just a matter of throwing the sliced meat into the ole magnotron for a few spins.

Like with all sanguine snacks, proper selection of the delivery method is critical.

Make sure to use a nice hearty bakery roll. Cut it a little north of the equator and toast the bottom to give it a fighting chance of not disintegrating.

This could be the item that starts a successful restaurant or the kind of thing that you could slang at festival for $12 and people are coming back for thirds.

It all starts with this package. From there it's just good technique with a healthy smidge of love.
PSX_20210630_134412.jpg

I'm telling ya Franky...as a professional sammich adjuster, they don't get much better than this.

I look for a package that is about 32oz to make 4. There is always two chunks inside the package, even though it looks like one. In all honesty it probably doesn't even need to get grilled, the real magic happens in the hotbox, where it's all wrapped up tight with onions. I use my instant read and am looking for 190°F. I let it rest thoroughly...you gotta shave it, and it's no fun when it's burning you, besides, it cuts much nicer once it's tightened up a bunch. From here it's just a matter of throwing the sliced meat into the ole magnotron for a few spins.

Like with all sanguine snacks, proper selection of the delivery method is critical.

Make sure to use a nice hearty bakery roll. Cut it a little north of the equator and toast the bottom to give it a fighting chance of not disintegrating.

This could be the item that starts a successful restaurant or the kind of thing that you could slang at festival for $12 and people are coming back for thirds.

It all starts with this package. From there it's just good technique with a healthy smidge of love. View attachment 1337311
My hat is off to you, sir :toke: I’m definitely giving this a shot!

I didn't have a regular dinner this evening, so I whipped this together as a quick snackeymcsnackers

PXL_20210701_082031235.jpg

PXL_20210701_082050099.jpg

While I've got your attention, can we take a quick moment for the Miami condo collapse victims and families. Holy fuck.

It happened around this time exactly one week ago. I can't imagine how many survived the initial collapse...only to realize the ones who didn't make it were the lucky ones. My heart goes out to you.

Funny story:
I got my knee stuck in an ash tree crotch...about 40 feet up while I was doing a tree job. Ash trees can grow very vertically, similar to locust trees, when they are given open sky. This phenomenon makes for very tight crotches. I was an idiot and put my knee in one...the wind blew it open a few millimeters, and my knee dropped and locked. It was very panic inducing. I felt this rush of panic and anxiety rip through me. It made me sleepy. I had to have the ground crew call 911 and get rescued by the fire department. Tree guy in a tree...just another day for the RFD.

One of the fireman bravely free climbed up to me and brought me some water...he had zero gear on and was standing on a fucking twig when he was at my location...I warned him to be VERY aware of the precarious position he was in. Ash trees are not known for their elastic deformation...they just give without much warning. He climbed a further 15 feet above my head and put one of my ropes on the smaller of the 2 leads, and had the guys on the ground gave a nice smooth pull...which opened up the crotch just enough for me to pop out. I basically jumped out of the tree and speedlined to the ground...the EMT guy was asking if I wanted to get checked out, I said "No thanks buddy...I just want a fucking smoke". Everybody present got a good chuckle from that.

While I've got your attention, can we take a quick moment for the Miami condo collapse victims and families. Holy fuck.

It happened around this time exactly one week ago. I can't imagine how many survived the initial collapse...only to realize the ones who didn't make it were the lucky ones. My heart goes out to you.
Yes, really a tragedy…..and one that may have been preventable from the sounds of it.

See Doc, that’s what you get for sticking your appendages in strange crotches, sometimes they don’t want to let you go…..and you have to call for help from someone who knows a thing or two about freeing people from wayward crotches.:eyebrows:

More sweet corn soaked in water before getting put on top grate of grill. Marinated chicken boneless thighs in Italian dressing overnight. Then kids made herb pasta for a side dish.
20210630_171836.jpg
20210630_173940.jpg
20210630_174108.jpg
20210630_174834.jpg

Back