I love the pasta dish Franky...how did it turn out?

The Kong Kamado grill only comes in one size...which is equivalent to the Big Green Egg XL, which is their 2nd largest. Only the 2XL is bigger...and they have 8 sizes. She's a pig.

The BGE XL doesn't even come with anything. Like anything at all. They sell all the EGGcessories (VOMIT) ala carte. Of course they do dummy...those yacht payments won't make themselves. This is your egg for $1279

Screenshot_20210627-024011.png

Beautiful. But I think you're just paying for that summer house in Nantucket. Or hookers & blow. Either way.. I mean, it doesn't even fucking stand properly, that's another $150. You want a SECOND rack?? That's gonna cost ya. How does...a hundred buhhh, I mean how does $143.47 sound? EGGcelent. I could love without the wings...but then again, I use mine like every single time I grill. Meh, it's only another $135. What's a couple hunj between friends.

EGGcelent. Sign here. Here. Sign here. Initial here. EGGcell...I mean, sign here, initials, and today's date.

EGGCELENT!!!!

I got another one Charlie, can you believe it? Thats four grills this morning, and it's not even lunchtime yet. I'm getting a sweet commission this week for sure. I got a plan to surprise the wifey this weekend. I called a real estate agent and set up a few walkthroughs off the coast. Just a little cozy beach house. No biggie. Not looking to spend more than 575. Time will tell.

On top of all the nickel and diming, all the BGE bolt-ons are made of raw mild steel. Ya know...the kind that turns to iron oxide when it's exposed to the elements...whereas the Kong, uses stainless steel everything. All the fasteners, the frame, the sides...it's all shiny.

The bottom line is, it takes somewhere between $1500-1600 to equal what the Kong does for $799, which also includes shipping. The only thing I would need is the diffuser plate for smoking, and maybe the lift out fire bucket, which is super sweet.

I bet I can get 25-30 lbs of shoulder on there in one shot. The BGE XL says it will do a pair of 20 pound birds simultaneously. Not to mention, this should be the last charcoal grill I ever buy. The oldest eggs are gonna be 50 next year. I am excited. Nothing like cooking with wood and lump.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210625-224802.png
    Screenshot_20210625-224802.png
    931.7 KB · Views: 22
Just a friendly PSA:

The new Ch'King sammich from BK is a winner. Not quite as good as Popeyes, which is the undisputed king. Have you guys experienced any of the chicken wars sammiches?

The takeaway here is simple. When fast food giants get jealous of other fast food giant's Sammies, everyone wins.

I hear Mickeydees just came out with a new bomber. Capitalism in action folks.

:rofl: I tend to agree, those BGE’s aren’t worth it when the joe comes with so much extra shit.

I love the pasta dish Franky...how did it turn out?

The Kong Kamado grill only comes in one size...which is equivalent to the Big Green Egg XL, which is their 2nd largest. Only the 2XL is bigger...and they have 8 sizes. She's a pig.

The BGE XL doesn't even come with anything. Like anything at all. They sell all the EGGcessories (VOMIT) ala carte. Of course they do dummy...those yacht payments won't make themselves. This is your egg for $1279

View attachment 1335639

Beautiful. But I think you're just paying for that summer house in Nantucket. Or hookers & blow. Either way.. I mean, it doesn't even fucking stand properly, that's another $150. You want a SECOND rack?? That's gonna cost ya. How does...a hundred buhhh, I mean how does $143.47 sound? EGGcelent. I could love without the wings...but then again, I use mine like every single time I grill. Meh, it's only another $135. What's a couple hunj between friends.

EGGcelent. Sign here. Here. Sign here. Initial here. EGGcell...I mean, sign here, initials, and today's date.

EGGCELENT!!!!

I got another one Charlie, can you believe it? Thats four grills this morning, and it's not even lunchtime yet. I'm getting a sweet commission this week for sure. I got a plan to surprise the wifey this weekend. I called a real estate agent and set up a few walkthroughs off the coast. Just a little cozy beach house. No biggie. Not looking to spend more than 575. Time will tell.

On top of all the nickel and diming, all the BGE bolt-ons are made of raw mild steel. Ya know...the kind that turns to iron oxide when it's exposed to the elements...whereas the Kong, uses stainless steel everything. All the fasteners, the frame, the sides...it's all shiny.

The bottom line is, it takes somewhere between $1500-1600 to equal what the Kong does for $799, which also includes shipping. The only thing I would need is the diffuser plate for smoking, and maybe the lift out fire bucket, which is super sweet.

I bet I can get 25-30 lbs of shoulder on there in one shot. The BGE XL says it will do a pair of 20 pound birds simultaneously. Not to mention, this should be the last charcoal grill I ever buy. The oldest eggs are gonna be 50 next year. I am excited. Nothing like cooking with wood and lump.
Don't forget everything is higher right now in the US. Tariffs and supply demands. I was looking at a Kong and I swear that I could have bought it last year for 599. I know that in grills and smokers there is a lot of crap out there that last 2 or 3 years, but that kong seems solid.

Some rib steaks aged and seasoned with salt and pepper. Dollar store $12.99 grill.
The corn I prefer to roast with the husk on removed for pic. I am such a cheap MF for sure :toke:
Rib steaks.JPG

Last edited:
Good Morfnoevight All! EO. harvested the last two plants this morning. So far it looks like my strategy of hanging the plants as whole as I could is slowing down the drying to maybe 4 days then BB for one or two more. Then in to the Grove Bags.

Never used an egg style smoker. I just have an ugly drum smoker I built years ago. I'd like to upgrade to one of the pellet grill
smokers when I'm able to. Here is one I've been eying PIT BOSS PRO SERIES ELITE 1600 and the other 1100 model. But with
amount of food I cook bigger is better.
View attachment 1335473

That looks masterful! You may need to buy pellets by the pallet snicker3.gif.

Some rib steaks aged and seasoned with salt and pepper. Dollar store $12.99 grill.
The corn I prefer to roast with the husk on removed for pic. I am such a cheap MF for sure :toke: View attachment 1335783
The end result is all that matters and that look very good to me!

Besides I am a cheapskate at heart :cool1:

Good Morfnoevight All! EO. harvested the last two plants this morning. So far it looks like my strategy of hanging the plants as whole as I could is slowing down the drying to maybe 4 days then BB for one or two more. Then in to the Grove Bags.

That looks masterful! You may need to buy pellets by the pallet View attachment 1335816.

The end result is all that matters and that look very good to me!

Besides I am a cheapskate at heart :cool1:
Man they make so many different flavors of pellets you can cover a wide variety of cooking. Just have to empty the hopper
each time after using so they dont suck up with humidity and ruin the drive gear. BnLaw had to replace his when he forgot.
But he puts out some tasty dishes when he cooks on his.

I can do just about everything I need in a Weber Kettle. Most of the time there is just the two of us but 6 people is a comfortable number. I have been using Blue Bag Kingsford brickettes for many many years but over the last two years maybe longer the quality has gone downhill. They burn-up in 20 minutes and taste more like an old tire than a hardwood charcoal. I found a cheap one at Home Depot on the last holiday and to my surprise they were very good. Long burning an taste great!

2021-06-27_17-26-08.png

Then if I want to use a flavored smoke I will just use up the flavorless KingsFord :haha:

So due to commercials on television I have been craving KFC as we all know I will never be eating that again:shrug: I made a mock KFC from a recipe I scared up on the interweb. I can never fully clone it GF because I am not willing to get a pressure deep fryer. The flavor of this was good but missed the mark. I think I need fresher herbs and spices. I will cook the rest that is breaded tomorrow to see if the flavors develop overnight? Another thing might be to just under fry it and let it finish covered in the oven so the skin is not so crispy - yeah I know - but I am trying to clone KFC not make it better.

_DSC3886.JPG
_DSC3887.JPG

Back