Lighting DIY COB Based LED Growlight Build In Progress!

Ive got more cobs than I really need right now. Kinda nice deal with the citizen leds, they are on aluminum dies and have mounting holes built in, so no holder necessary. The radial sinks I purchased come predrilled so they should just screw on with M3 screws.

hoping I finish the second bar this week. Between the greenhouse and pain issues, its been slow going lol!

the popular mean well driver that is used (hlg185c1400b is what I use) is getting scarice. a lot of suppliers do not have in stock and will be 1/2 -1 month out.
I wonder why that is? LOL
finally found in stock at Sager. will let yall know how sager takes care of me, with my first order from them.
my 1st drivers came from onlinecomponents and all went well.
just used Newark for my cob holders and adaptors, 1st time with them and will let yall know how that goes.
hopefully all goes well so my 3rd light bar will be started on soon.

hoping I finish the second bar this week. Between the greenhouse and pain issues, its been slow going lol!
we are on the same path with the lights and greenhouse. have not started the build but have all material for my g house 400 foot roll of solexx, 2x6's and 6x6's. just have not started. wishing for TRUSTFUL help but we all know how that is, so will probably be done all by me.

Try this one, https://www.cdiweb.com/PortalProductDetail.aspx?ProdId=585062
I think these might beat out Vero 29s. You can also search for
CLU048 and youll see there are 22 more of them in stock, 70cri, 4000k gen 5.

Great find here. I hadn't seen the citizen cobs stocked anywhere yet. Browsing there, I found they stock mechatronics heatsinks for cheap. These are predrilled and tapped radial and pin sinks. Perfect for DIY

Here's one that would work perfectly with the clu048 at around 1A

https://www.cdiweb.com/ProductDetail/MODULEDMEGA13420B-MechaTronix/574063/

That's 20 bucks for a 35w, 50%+ efficient passively cooled cob+heatsink. Definitely some highly efficient cheap builds could be made here.

https://www.cdiweb.com/ProductDetail/MODULED9980C-mechatronix/573861/
for $9.50 Another option if you wanna push some more power through those citizen cobs. Im going to be trying them with both 1.4A and 1.75A. Should be fine with both but 1.75 might get a little warm.
ModuLED_Modular_Passive_LED_Cooler_diameter_99mm_height_80mm_C.jpg

woah, killer info. I have a few CXB3070 3500k BB and they ran me around 30 usd.

def would like to compare these citizen w/ them.

for the price, pre drilled, and mounted diss wat heat sinks to go w/ them.. am i stupid for not trying.
ty

woah, killer info. I have a few CXB3070 3500k BB and they ran me around 30 usd.

def would like to compare these citizen w/ them.

for the price, pre drilled, and mounted diss wat heat sinks to go w/ them.. am i stupid for not trying.
ty

The ones linked would be very comparable to a cxb3070 at 1.4A.

$30 gets you a 50w 164lm/w cxb3070($.60/w)

$12 gets you a 35w 161lm/w clu048($.35/w)

Definitely the better deal if you run them soft.

The ones linked would be very comparable to a cxb3070 at 1.4A.

$30 gets you a 50w 164lm/w cxb3070($.60/w)

$12 gets you a 35w 161lm/w clu048($.35/w)

Definitely the better deal if you run them soft.
but they are 70 cri?
Dont we want 80cri for wider spectrum ?

but they are 70 cri?
Dont we want 80cri for wider spectrum ?

80cri would be shifted slightly more to the red but also about 10lms/watt less efficient. Pretty close but I'd probably just go with which is cheaper.
Screenshot_20160504-213926.png

Back