DIY Cardboard Drying Box ?

Ok. I think it may work better with the fan as an extractor but let us know how it goes. If you are happy with the dry, then roll with it.
Gonna try fan as extractor on the next dry for sure, see if I notice a difference !

Gonna try fan as extractor on the next dry for sure, see if I notice a difference !
@mwilliams2006 It is easy enough to remove the bolts flip the fan around !
IMG_20210901_132510.jpg

I made one similar yesterday.

However, if you let air out too fast you will get that hay smell which sucks.

I wouldn’t use an a exhaust fan. Pull air in, let it leave on its own. But then again, Mine has only been hanging for three days. It could mold over but I doubt it.

It’s just a basic box but if you exchange too much air quickly it won’t dry slowly.

What I did was, I cut out a square on one side, wired up a pc fan around the square so it blows gentle air. I cut it to the point where I could also adjust it. Like a latch so I can control how much air is being pushed in, and released out.

I cut a small square on the opposite end of the box like a latch. I open it wide and the air escapes there. If I want to slow the drying down, I close the latch up a little.

470DEAA9-A05C-47CB-A562-96745D5C51DA.jpeg

2E399CC8-2507-4D98-AF2D-2BD5A550C0D5.jpeg

The air escapes from here ^

You will have to seal the box of course to prevent air going anywhere else other than where you want it to escape. If it escapes too quickly it dries quicker which you won’t want.

It’s a sloppy box and experiment. But if this works out nicely regarding smel when dry, I will be making a much much bigger and better one, and I will write a guide on how I will make it, and how effective it will be compared to this original box I’ve done.

Gonna have a look through these replies and see if anyone else has posted one

OK i'm gonna make some adjustments ,
didn't realize it was so funny I'm just a newb learning the ropes its my first grow and i'm excited glad your laughing !
hello i use pc fans cheap and perfect they give a nice gentle air flow

I made one similar yesterday.

However, if you let air out too fast you will get that hay smell which sucks.

I wouldn’t use an a exhaust fan. Pull air in, let it leave on its own. But then again, Mine has only been hanging for three days. It could mold over but I doubt it.

It’s just a basic box but if you exchange too much air quickly it won’t dry slowly.

What I did was, I cut out a square on one side, wired up a pc fan around the square so it blows gentle air. I cut it to the point where I could also adjust it. Like a latch so I can control how much air is being pushed in, and released out.

I cut a small square on the opposite end of the box like a latch. I open it wide and the air escapes there. If I want to slow the drying down, I close the latch up a little.

View attachment 1361906

View attachment 1361907

The air escapes from here ^

You will have to seal the box of course to prevent air going anywhere else other than where you want it to escape. If it escapes too quickly it dries quicker which you won’t want.

It’s a sloppy box and experiment. But if this works out nicely regarding smel when dry, I will be making a much much bigger and better one, and I will write a guide on how I will make it, and how effective it will be compared to this original box I’ve done.

Gonna have a look through these replies and see if anyone else has posted one
I hear ya I have a prototype I'm using It did dam good on the first grow took 9 days buds weren't sticky to the touch, BUT they did come together in the mason Jar, had to keep it open for a couple hours first 2 days They are good now curing since the 30th. Keep us posted, Let us know how your DIY dry box works out. I'm liking the Fan bringing the air in better then extracting it, gonna post my latest idea For keeping that airflow just right ! Don't forget your carbon activated filter to keep the smell some what under control.

Starting To Think, getting creative.
Sativa taking over thinking of adding a air deflector to inside of the box since I have the fan blowing in,
This will direct the airflow to the perimeter of the box down low directing it up top back to the Center opening nice and gently,
Instead of coming in wide open !

P.S. Another thought was to put a bunch of small holes in the deflector Calming down the air flow as it rises up.
Just putting this out there for thought and conversation , gonna try this sooner or later.

What do you all think ?
IMG_20210902_143654.jpg
IMG_20210902_143641.jpg
IMG_20210902_143654.jpg
IMG_20210902_143735.jpg
IMG_20210902_143755.jpg

Starting To Think, getting creative.
Sativa taking over thinking of adding a air deflector to inside of the box since I have the fan blowing in,
This will direct the airflow to the perimeter of the box down low directing it up top back to the Center opening nice and gently,
Instead of coming in wide open !

P.S. Another thought was to put a bunch of small holes in the deflector Calming down the air flow as it rises up.
Just putting this out there for thought and conversation , gonna try this sooner or later.

What do you all think ?
View attachment 1362008View attachment 1362009View attachment 1362011View attachment 1362012View attachment 1362013

Do you have a backing to it? That you can reattach

Do you have a backing to it? That you can reattach
Backing to the air deflector ? The air deflector is resting on top of the top screws coming in holding the fan in place , the back side of the deflector is resting on a paper cup for the pictures, I would add a wooden dowel through the box with tie wire to hold the deflector down in place in the rear .

Some great ideas here folks im all for trying new stuff as im a full time brown paper bag dryer

Back