Grow Mediums DCAT attempts DWC with Mephisto hubbabubbasmelloscope

oh oh ,i just remember in case you havnt already but I have vent holes I drilled in my buckets also I find its been brilliant at keeping the res temps down but it helps i think let them breath and get more air to the roots ( I also have pc fans pointed down at the water aerating and cooling everything, Hps heat). you probably done it already but I thought id mention it, ;).

I took my black bucket Wrapped it with 2 layers of HVAC Ducting tape seems to keep the rez from 66 to 74. only hits 74 if my air temp goes above 88 which is RARE

One last thing...I topped her off with plain water at lunch and she probably drank almost a full gallon today...now it gets interesting having to keep an eye on her water usage...

Yes you MUST start keeping an eye on that water level, I remember several times going like 26 hours and seeing that they had drank themselves almost dry. It would freak me out because I would look in the header bucket and see like an inch of water in there, so I started checkin every day lol. During the peak of flowering they were drinking like 2-3 gallons a day I was having to top off virtually every day.

@IndicaIVoz The only thing you want to be careful of with drilling holes in your DWC bucket is light, you don't want to let a lot of light in to your roots. For several reasons but the main one being that light lets things like algae and slime grow.

Yup thats right,another thing worth noting when it comes to pythium is after about the month mark on a new res bucket/system, you ca n get a build up its happened to me several times see at that point you don't have any freindlys hiding in there i forget there name but basically these bennies hate pythium and the statement dose hold true.

And no i don't get any probs with pythium as i now use voodoo at most res changes but maybe more importantly i change out the res weekly. i havnt seen any signs of slime since i changed to black hose pipes(another tip) but watch the black hoses don't heat up and start blowing hot air.

Back