Grow Mediums DCAT attempts DWC with Mephisto hubbabubbasmelloscope

She's only 30 days old so I don't think she's done growing upwards yet.. And no lighting change since she's an auto there is no need for that as far as I know.
I believe this happened the other day too...not much overnight but during the day is when all the growth occurred. Maybe that's just how she grows.

Right on, what I meant by lighting is changing say from MH to HPS or if your LED's have a "veg" and "flower" mode to switch to flower mode. But if she isn't done growing upwards you will notice, again when they are growin over an inch a day it is pretty noticeable when they stop or slow down lol. Also you turn your lights off for a certain period?

Now this is just meeeee but any time I have ever vegged a photoperiod plant and on my last Auto grow I run the lights 24/0 with no off period. NOW I know that there is a lot of conflicting information out there on the topic of what light schedule to give an auto. I will just give you the reasoning behind why I run 24/0 especially while they are vegging. First of all plants require light for photosynthesis and they require photosynthesis to grow. So with that basic reasoning you want your plant to grow as much as possible during the vegetative state right? I know I do lol Also when it comes to autoflowering Cannabis plants, the reason that they autoflower is due to the ruderalis genes that have been cross bred into our traditional strains. If you look at where virtually all of the ruderalis strains come from they are Very northern latitudes which for aprox 90 days they get 24 hours of light. Now of course it gets dim but it doesn't go completely dark for 3 months. So with that being said I run mine 24/0 and they get big lol

The thing that makes a photoperiod plant a photo is that it has a hormone to induce flowering that is rendered inactive by light, it does this in nature to signal the colder months ahead and the freeze so it knows to do its sex thing. While Autos on the other hand do not have the light sensitivity to said hormone and it just releases it at a certain point in its life

That makes sense...I see why you do that. My lights don't have that switch...it's all or nothing. Maybe next time I'll try 24 in veg and see what happens. I don't wanna change anything at this point and risk screwing something up.
Yes they are off from noon to 4 pm each day...

I've been using the cilindical koi
ones like this laying flat .. i find there good at forcing air into..ive also used 50mm golf balls with them for better effect the results are good :)
s-l225.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2016-5-3_16-34-39.jpeg
    upload_2016-5-3_16-34-39.jpeg
    2.8 KB · Views: 44
  • upload_2016-5-3_16-37-42.jpeg
    upload_2016-5-3_16-37-42.jpeg
    4.2 KB · Views: 45
Back