Grow Mediums db003's black valium auto - ancient haze auto 600w air cooled grow 2x4 growlab tent

db003

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm db003 and I am starting a new grow this will be the first grow of 2017 in this grow I will be growing 4 autoflowers 2 of each strain in my new grow tent with my new 600w hps with a air cooled reflector with coco in 3 gallon fabric pots and I will be using a emerald harvest Cali Pro professional 2-part nutrient series I got a while back at a hydro store opening

the seeds I will be using are tester autoflower seeds that were sent to me by critical mass collective seeds they are a collaboration between critical mass collective and top shelf elite

the two strains I will be growing are ANCIENT HAZE AUTO and BLACK VALIUM AUTO I dont have any other info on these seeds beside what they are crossed with since they are unreleased strains but they sound great

ANCIENT HAZE AUTO is a cross of Old Timer Haze X Destroyer X Super Silver Haze

BLACK VALIUM AUTO is a cross of Ortega Indica X G13 X Shiva Skunk X Northern Lights

this will be my first time using emerald harvest Cali Pro professional 2-part nutrient series so I will use about half of what they say to use since these are autoflowers and tend to be a bit sensitive to nutes some times

here is some info about my grow space

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? germinating

If in Veg... For how long? started germination today

Indoor or outdoor? indoor grow tent

GrowLab Horticultural Grow Room – GL80L The Grow Lab GL80L is perfect for a veg room or small flowering room. Specifications: Perfect for holding one 2′ x 4′ tray, this room works great with one 400 or 600 watt lighting system, or a 4′ T5 fluorescent lighting system (an 8 lamp fixture works best). Material: Interior: reflective silver film Exterior: waterproof black canvas Recommended lighting: 250 or 400 watt HPS or T5 fluorescent system Dimensions: Assembled: 2’7″ wide x 4’11” deep x 6’7″ tall / 31.5″ x 59″ x 70.8″ tall / 80 x 150 x 200cm Ports: Exhaust: (5) – 5″ / 127mm (port adjusts to fit smaller-diameter ducting and equipment as well) Cord access: (2) – 4″ / 101mm Miscellaneous: Intake windows: 3 Doors: 1

Soil or Hydro? pure coco coir

what is in your mix? I am using California substrates coco coir only no additives no soil amendments

What size pot? three gallon fabric pots

Size of light? 600w ballast with a air cooled reflector

Temp of Room/cab? highs are 86F and lows are 66f

RH of Room/cab highs are 56% and lows are 36%

Any Pests ? not yet

ventilation ? ventech 4 inch inline fan with 4 inch carbon filter and a ventech fan speed controller and a ventech 4 inch inline fan connected to the air cooled reflector with a hydro farm fan speed controller also 2 small fans to keep air moving and a 4 inch duct booster fan that I use as a active air intake

How often are you watering? every few days when they get bigger right now just keeping the soil moist until they get bigger

this will be my first grow with a hps system all my other grows have been with mars hydro led lights I still have all my led panels I just wanted to give hps a shot

this is also a brand new tent and will be my first grow in it its a GrowLab gl80l tent its size is 2’7″ wide x 4’11” deep x 6’7″ tall my old tent size was 32" inch wide x 32" inch deep x 63" inch tall I grew 2 plants in that size tent in a scrog so I will be doing 4 plants in this tent most likely in a scrog too

some info about my 600w system the ballast is a 600w quantum II ballast from hydro farm the reflector is a flow master 6" Air Cool Reflector W/Ceramic Socket the size is 22 x 20 x 9 I will be starting with a metal halide bulb the bulb is a Xtrasun 600 watt Metal Halide Pulse Start Bulb Lamp (7200K) for flower I have a 600w ipower hps bulb

first thing is I added another 4 inch duct fan so now I have my carbon filter extraction and the air cooled reflector set up separate with there own 4 inch duct fans the air cooled reflector will be pulling air directly from my room and blowing air over the light and out a window

I chose to place the duct fan before the reflector and blow air over the light and out the window so that it will have positive pressure inside the tent that way if there are any air leaks from the duct hoses or reflector it will be taken care of by my carbon filter extraction system and blowing air is also less stressful to the fan in the long run

next is simple I just setup the carbon filter with the 4 inch duct fan and ran ducting to the top of the tent and out a window both the carbon filter fan and the fan for the air cooled reflector have a fan speed controller

I have a power strip box hooked up to the 24 hour timer so I could have the ballast and duct fan for the air cooled reflector turn off and on at the same time that way I dont have the duct fan for the air cooled hood running 24/7 when it does not need to be save me on electricity

the carbon filter extraction fan is on a separate power strip so it will be running 24/7 and the 2 clip fans and the 4 inch duct booster fan at the bottom of the tent that is my active air intake will also be running 24/7

the only thing I need to do is clip off some of the excess ducting from one of the sides of the air cooled reflector I just wanted to wait and see how low I need the light before I make the final decision its better to have too much ducting then not enough

I also want to get some more ducting later so I could pull air from the window for the air cooled reflector I am just a bit worried that since I run my lights at night and that it might bring in cool moist air from outside and that would not be safe for the light

004.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG
011.JPG
013.JPG

Last edited:
Hello everyone I'm db003 and I am starting a new grow this will be the first grow of 2017 in this grow I will be growing 4 autoflowers 2 of each strain in my new grow tent with my new 600w hps with a air cooled reflector with coco in 3 gallon fabric pots and I will be using a emerald harvest Cali Pro professional 2-part nutrient series I got a while back at a hydro store opening

the seeds I will be using are tester autoflower seeds that were sent to me by critical mass collective seeds they are a collaboration between critical mass collective and top shelf elite

the two strains I will be growing are ANCIENT HAZE AUTO and BLACK VALIUM AUTO I dont have any other info on these seeds beside what they are crossed with since they are unreleased strains but they sound great

ANCIENT HAZE AUTO is a cross of Old Timer Haze X Destroyer X Super Silver Haze

BLACK VALIUM AUTO is a cross of Ortega Indica X G13 X Shiva Skunk X Northern Lights

this will be my first time using emerald harvest Cali Pro professional 2-part nutrient series so I will use about half of what they say to use since these are autoflowers and tend to be a bit sensitive to nutes some times

here is some info about my grow space

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? germinating

If in Veg... For how long? started germination today

Indoor or outdoor? indoor grow tent

GrowLab Horticultural Grow Room – GL80L The Grow Lab GL80L is perfect for a veg room or small flowering room. Specifications: Perfect for holding one 2′ x 4′ tray, this room works great with one 400 or 600 watt lighting system, or a 4′ T5 fluorescent lighting system (an 8 lamp fixture works best). Material: Interior: reflective silver film Exterior: waterproof black canvas Recommended lighting: 250 or 400 watt HPS or T5 fluorescent system Dimensions: Assembled: 2’7″ wide x 4’11” deep x 6’7″ tall / 31.5″ x 59″ x 70.8″ tall / 80 x 150 x 200cm Ports: Exhaust: (5) – 5″ / 127mm (port adjusts to fit smaller-diameter ducting and equipment as well) Cord access: (2) – 4″ / 101mm Miscellaneous: Intake windows: 3 Doors: 1

Soil or Hydro? pure coco coir

what is in your mix? I am using California substrates coco coir only no additives no soil amendments

What size pot? three gallon fabric pots

Size of light? 600w ballast with a air cooled reflector

Temp of Room/cab? highs are 86F and lows are 66f

RH of Room/cab highs are 56% and lows are 36%

Any Pests ? not yet

ventilation ? ventech 4 inch inline fan with 4 inch carbon filter and a ventech fan speed controller and a ventech 4 inch inline fan connected to the air cooled reflector with a hydro farm fan speed controller also 2 small fans to keep air moving and a 4 inch duct booster fan that I use as a active air intake

How often are you watering? every few days when they get bigger right now just keeping the soil moist until they get bigger

this will be my first grow with a hps system all my other grows have been with mars hydro led lights I still have all my led panels I just wanted to give hps a shot

this is also a brand new tent and will be my first grow in it its a GrowLab gl80l tent its size is 2’7″ wide x 4’11” deep x 6’7″ tall my old tent size was 32" inch wide x 32" inch deep x 63" inch tall I grew 2 plants in that size tent in a scrog so I will be doing 4 plants in this tent most likely in a scrog too

some info about my 600w system the ballast is a 600w quantum II ballast from hydro farm the reflector is a flow master 6" Air Cool Reflector W/Ceramic Socket the size is 22 x 20 x 9 I will be starting with a metal halide bulb the bulb is a Xtrasun 600 watt Metal Halide Pulse Start Bulb Lamp (7200K) for flower I have a 600w ipower hps bulb

first thing is I added another 4 inch duct fan so now I have my carbon filter extraction and the air cooled reflector set up separate with there own 4 inch duct fans the air cooled reflector will be pulling air directly from my room and blowing air over the light and out a window

I chose to place the duct fan before the reflector and blow air over the light and out the window so that it will have positive pressure inside the tent that way if there are any air leaks from the duct hoses or reflector it will be taken care of by my carbon filter extraction system and blowing air is also less stressful to the fan in the long run

next is simple I just setup the carbon filter with the 4 inch duct fan and ran ducting to the top of the tent and out a window both the carbon filter fan and the fan for the air cooled reflector have a fan speed controller

I have a power strip box hooked up to the 24 hour timer so I could have the ballast and duct fan for the air cooled reflector turn off and on at the same time that way I dont have the duct fan for the air cooled hood running 24/7 when it does not need to be save me on electricity

the carbon filter extraction fan is on a separate power strip so it will be running 24/7 and the 2 clip fans and the 4 inch duct booster fan at the bottom of the tent that is my active air intake will also be running 24/7

the only thing I need to do is clip off some of the excess ducting from one of the sides of the air cooled reflector I just wanted to wait and see how low I need the light before I make the final decision its better to have too much ducting then not enough

I also want to get some more ducting later so I could pull air from the window for the air cooled reflector I am just a bit worried that since I run my lights at night and that it might bring in cool moist air from outside and that would not be safe for the light

View attachment 685871 View attachment 685872 View attachment 685873 View attachment 685874 View attachment 685875 View attachment 685876
And away we go

not weed but I would like to share anyway:chef::stir: I recently started looking into fermented foods and drinks so I wanted to give it a shot

just started my first ever batch of fermented garlic honey! I used 10 whole garlic cloves and boy let me tell you I never knew it was such a pain to peel garlic since I have never done it before after it was all peeled I cut the ends off the garlic and cut some of the bigger cloves in half

then I poured a bit more then a half of a 32oz bottle of aunt sues raw wild natural honey it says its 100% pure unfiltered honey now all I have to do is turn and burb it every day for about a month

004.JPG
007.JPG
009.JPG
010.JPG

I had a bunch of fresh ginger I got yesterday and did a little experiment with some of it I took some rice vinegar I had in the fridge already and some honey I had left over from making my fermented garlic honey yesterday and Himalayan pink sea salt that was in my cabinet and made a simple pickled ginger

peeled the skin off the ginger with the back of a metal spoon it is a lot easier to peel ginger with a spoon then the potato peeler lol and sliced it with a potato peeler as best as I could added the rice vinegar about 2 tablespoons of honey and some of the Himalayan pink sea salt and will let it sit in the refrigerator and see how it tastes after a few days this is my first time making it and have no idea what I am doing hahaha so if it comes out good great if it its ok still

the jar I used was one of the jars I used to cure buds in so it a bit of kief from the buds in it so win win

002.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG

Last edited:
hello everyone this will be my first update for my Black Valium Auto testers and Ancient Haze Auto testers from top shelf elite with my 600w Air Cooled reflector in my 2x4 GrowLab Tent this will be my first grow with a air cooled light I have grown for about 2 years or so with led only so I am excited to see how it comes out

I just planted all 4 of my autos in there pots they are all planted in 3 gallon fabric pots in pure coco the pots are used and have a bit of build up on them but there were hand washed and hang dried so they are fine

I soaked the coco before I planted the seeds I used 6 gallons of water and made sure they all got a lot of run off on all the pots and let them sit for about 5 minutes to drain

the water I used had some emerald harvest Cali Pro A and B at 1ml per gallon of water and 1m of house and garden roots excelurator gold per gallon of water it was all ph. to 6.0 with botanicare ph. down and I calibrated my Oakton ph.2 meter before I ph. the water so I would get a accurate measurement

after that I put some clear plastic bags over the tops of the pots to keep the moister in so the top of the coco does not dry out before the seedlings sprout once they do in a day or two I will call that day 1 from sprout

001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG
009.JPG
010.JPG

Just remember with hps you need a little closer in early veg than led as the seedling can stretch and become lanky for a 600w I would recommend 4 ft away at seedling stage working down if any signs if stretch

Back