Day 43 Quick yellowing of leaves from bottom up

GinFizzLuv

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Problem: Yellowing leaves from the bottom up, although they appear to be affecting some middle leaves too. First noticed the yellowing 2 weeks ago on a single leaf, but has started to quickly spread. Also noticing red petioles.

Strain/Age: Mephisto Double Grape x 3Bears OG, Day 43 from sprout.

-Medium/grow method: soil, Kind Soil super soil layered under roots organic original. In 1.5 gallon fabric pot.

-Feed and supplements used: Water only. Plant got top dressed with 2 cups of 80/20 Roots Organic Original/Kind soil 10 days ago at the first sign of yellowing leaves.

Plants are getting Recharge every other watering 1tsp/gal and Mammoth P once a week .6ml/gal.

-Water source: PUR filtered tap water ph’d to 6.5-6.8 with citric acid.

-Climate: 73-81F, 45-58RH

- Light used: HLG 100 3000k led, 16-18” from canopy.

Additional information:

When I top dressed 10 days ago it did seem to slow the yellowing, but I did notice some possible N tox eagle clawing on a couple leaves so seems like a delicate balance.

I have the following available to me to use:
- Roots Organic Uprising Bloom dry
- General Organics BioThrive Grow
- General Organics BioThrive Bloom
- More Kind soil
- Worm Gold Plus castings

Pics:
37E3BAF5-B2AC-4591-9971-95FE0F478D3E.jpeg

504CB385-9396-4B7E-879B-EA6614B9A011.jpeg

98C220EB-A0BC-40AB-8488-73020995E640.jpeg

DA58FFBF-2EFC-44B3-84E8-A873EF65E573.jpeg

Last edited:
The plant is hungry or you are watering with an incorrect pH possibly. The yellowing is the plant feeding on the leaf for the goods stored inside or it can take on a burn appearance with a deficiency or toxicity.

The plant is hungry or you are watering with an incorrect pH possibly. The yellowing is the plant feeding on the leaf for the goods stored inside or it can take on a burn appearance with a deficiency or toxicity.
I have PH’d every watering and have regularly calibrated the pen. Since I am growing in super soil I am not watering to run off so I have no idea of soil PH.

My guess is N deficiency from the soil being depleted. Is that what others are seeing?

Should I give a light feeding with one of the liquid GO Box nutrients?

OK. The plant was late for its watering so I figured I had to act now or wait a couple days.

I went ahead and gave 1/2 strength of the recommended “light feeding” of General Organics BioThrive Grow. So 1 tsp/gal. I fed Grow over Bloom because I assume its Nitrogen deficiency and didn’t want to overfeed P & K. I hope I didn’t fuck that up.

I also gave a top dress of Worm Gold Plus worm castings.

I am also noticing the same symptoms, but milder on another plant. RocBudInc’s PurpleScoops which is on day 46 from sprout.

Here are some pics from today:

DGx3BOG
67F8079C-A34D-4B0F-9740-68A260CABE04.jpeg

Purple Scoops
31EF5BAB-04C7-4898-AB4B-8DE14014BFB0.jpeg

I think your right because I had the same issue and I also have some nute burn and a little leaf curl but some of my leaves were still fading yellow. I cut back the pk and upped a little of the N to see how it would respond.

I have PH’d every watering and have regularly calibrated the pen. Since I am growing in super soil I am not watering to run off so I have no idea of soil PH.

My guess is N deficiency from the soil being depleted. Is that what others are seeing?

Should I give a light feeding with one of the liquid GO Box nutrients?

After checking these out further, I'm assuming this is normal. Look at your new growth, it is all lush and green. You can begin losing lower growth that fades to banana yellow from the tip to the stem slowly. The plant does this naturally at a certain point in flower when it nears the end. It takes any sugars stored and kills the leaf it will not need for winter. Check mine out at 2.5 weeks left with the fans becoming yellow

Attachments

• 20200504_155456.jpg
    20200504_155456.jpg
    705.3 KB · Views: 558
  • 20200504_155213.jpg
    20200504_155213.jpg
    578.1 KB · Views: 489
Last edited:
After checking these out further, I'm assuming this is normal. Look at your new growth, it is all lush and green. You can begin losing lower growth that fades to banana yellow from the tip to the stem slowly. The plant does this naturally at a certain point in flower when it nears the end. It takes any sugars stored and kills the leaf it will not need for winter. Check mine out at 2.5 weeks left with the fans becoming yellow
Hey thanks man.

I am in week 7, so a ways along. Just paranoid about the soil running out of gas before the buds are ready.

This is my first grow and I’m reading so many conflicting things my head is spinning. Heh. :dizzy:

Hey thanks man.

I am in week 7, so a ways along. Just paranoid about the soil running out of gas before the buds are ready.

This is my first grow and I’m reading so many conflicting things my head is spinning. Heh. :dizzy:
No need to worry, the fan leaves have stored goods needed for the end of flower. The soil becomes a place for the plant to sit near the end

I have given a 1/4 dose of BioThrive Grow twice now. I can’t say if it’s slowing anything down or not as the yellowing is still happening. Mostly from bottom up, but not 100%. I am starting to lose leaves too.

Also, I do notice some yellowing/discoloration on some leaf tips so I’m hesitant to feed at a higher dose.

Here are some pics from earlier today:

Double Grape x 3BOG (day 47)
223C66A1-A35D-47B7-9DF5-B4FCE8DE79BA.jpeg

F21296A5-DB3E-4FA4-B299-82D78A866BFE.jpeg

Purple Scoops (day 49)
F3410CC3-3484-4AB2-8E2A-FD82F91FF5D9.jpeg

E6415F02-41C9-4C5D-BF09-38A4460DA0E8.jpeg

Hey man I use GH flora. If those plants were mine, I would be hitting the CalMag. I have no experience with it but some of the guys on AFN are using epson salts for Mg. Might be worth looking into.

Back