Status
Not open for further replies.
I told them they know their destiny, just let it happen...They responded..

cec2a9217e2ee21f01abc6ae2d41b910264bd545610339ad2dbd06631e163d45.jpg

what do you think of a 100 ft metal building with 12 foot ceilings to grow hydro hops in? I think I can manage it. There's two (that I know of) people doing this, but not where I live, and not outside of the hops range like I am.
Sounds gravvy, but keep in mind the vines and generally take 5 years to reach proper maturation in terms of flavor profile, alpha acid and yield

That and the demand at the moment is for fresh hops of specific varieties (plus the beer bubble is real, could collapse)

Sounds gravvy, but keep in mind the vines and generally take 5 years to reach proper maturation in terms of flavor profile, alpha acid and yield

That and the demand at the moment is for fresh hops of specific varieties (plus the beer bubble is real, could collapse)

I have been growing mine for three years now, but I've been keeping them in pots. I am down from 11 varieties to 4 now. The ones that have been stress tested are Magnum, Crystal, Cascade, and Centennial. I got a 20 ft pole in the ground this summer, and I will be preparing a bed for them this winter.

I have been growing mine for three years now, but I've been keeping them in pots. I am down from 11 varieties to 4 now. The ones that have been stress tested are Magnum, Crystal, Cascade, and Centennial. I got a 20 ft pole in the ground this summer, and I will be preparing a bed for them this winter.
a very interesting grow!

Niice, ever grown citra, mosaic or galaxy?

I had one citra, but I think it was bad stock. It didn't survive the 5 gallon pot treatment. The first winter killed it even though I heeled them in with maple leaves. This year I'm bring them in, I want to divide them for this spring.

I had one citra, but I think it was bad stock. It didn't survive the 5 gallon pot treatment. The first winter killed it even though I heeled them in with maple leaves. This year I'm bring them in, I want to divide them for this spring.
Yeah those are super sought after but are supposed to have huge variability in batches probably due to environmental factors, was just curious :cheers:

The problem was I wasn't ready for the plants, and my buddy bought each of us 11 plants... I didn't even have a bed prepared. I like things orderly. He just put them under a tree in his yard and lost most of his. I plan to do it well though, so I figured I'd make a realistic hop yard and try my hand at selection for my climate. I'm almost there! ... 3 yrs later... LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back